Author Topic: Lonzo Ball  (Read 5060 times)

Re: Lonzo ball
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2017, 01:56:05 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
You could see how much better LA's ball movement was than ours when he was on the court. I still think he is going to be a really good player who will elevate his team's play. Disappointed with how little our ball movement is during SL games. Neither Brown nor Tatum are helping in that regard. Trying to do too much with the Ball rather than letting the game come to them.
No... i don't see it, if that is true we aren't going to win this game as you mentioned we don't have a PG to direct traffic

My prediction: as above said he on this Lakers team will most likely pile up double-double/triple doubles and the stats will look good(his dad will not be quiet), while his team can't stop losing, and there will be noise bashing his teammates' finishing(mainly shooting) ability, at the same time some will point out his obvious flows 
AKA Rondo situiation...

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2017, 07:28:00 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Just a random, but the amount of publicity Lonzo gets is sickening. i was lookin at Tatum's summer league highlights from yesterday? 133k views. Lonzo's? 1.1M. it's the same sickness i got with the Linsanity in NY. Lonzo's gonna be a fine player but oh man the attention he gets in relation to Tatum is annoying.

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2017, 07:31:35 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Just a random, but the amount of publicity Lonzo gets is sickening. i was lookin at Tatum's summer league highlights from yesterday? 133k views. Lonzo's? 1.1M. it's the same sickness i got with the Linsanity in NY. Lonzo's gonna be a fine player but oh man the attention he gets in relation to Tatum is annoying.

You should see the sportscenter coverage of the game. It was all about how Lonzo redeemed himself, and looks like a major stud. It's like a 3 min bullet point, of basically all Ball and Kuzma highlights, and then they end it by showing 2 Tatum plays, and saying The Celtics won.
#JKJB

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2017, 07:36:11 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133

You should see the sportscenter coverage of the game. It was all about how Lonzo redeemed himself, and looks like a major stud. It's like a 3 min bullet point, of basically all Ball and Kuzma highlights, and then they end it by showing 2 Tatum plays, and saying The Celtics won.

ESPN coverage drove me nuts before and during the first half (all I saw).  The only think that interrupted that stream of constant "Ball Love" was the storm over Logan and one or two snippets about Tatum.  Not sure I can endure that kinda mindless hype.  For anyone.

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2017, 08:00:05 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

ESPN coverage drove me nuts before and during the first half (all I saw).  The only think that interrupted that stream of constant "Ball Love" was the storm over Logan and one or two snippets about Tatum.  Not sure I can endure that kinda mindless hype.  For anyone.

I for one think it's great Lonzo put up a triple dub in a losing effort in summer league. He still shot awful, but they had to play to the LA crowd.

But if you only listened to commentary, you would assume Ball was the best player on the court. He was not. Tatum has easily been the best player in every summer league game he has played in, save for Jaylens first game.

It is just frustrating that the media hypes the Lakers so much. They are still going to be pretty bad this year. London's defense is honestly hilarious at this stage.
#JKJB

Re: Lonzo Ball
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2017, 05:06:27 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/884507781260206080

Summer League letdown: I'm told Lakers' Lonzo Ball will rest a sore groin tonight & miss a faceoff/rematch against Kings' De'Aaron Fox.

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2017, 05:08:29 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740

Summer League letdown: I'm told Lakers' Lonzo Ball will rest a sore groin tonight & miss a faceoff/rematch against Kings' De'Aaron Fox.

https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/884513903681478656

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2017, 05:08:37 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I like it. Less pressure on the kid. Last thing we need now is a travelling circus surrounding someone we'll be breaking in slowly off the bench.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2017, 05:13:08 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Great player...bad shot for now. 
Diggles

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2017, 05:21:37 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Someone is scared of facing Fox again!  :laugh:

But the BIGGEST question I have... Is LaVar going to be at the game? I'd LOVE to hear AND SEE some of his inspiring interviews that we'll see every 5 minutes  ::)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2017, 05:24:34 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
https://twitter.com/sactownroyalty/status/884523301313200130?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Sactown Royalty‏
Verified account
@sactownroyalty

Retweeted Mike Trudell
"Lonzo Ball (Courage), Kyle Kuzma (Bravery) + Josh Hart (Feelings) are all out tonight, & will be re-evaluated Wednesday (Fixed it for you)"

LOL  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2017, 05:26:02 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I'm watching espn right now. Around the horn is talking about Lonzo triple double still, yet no one mentions how his team lost.. What's the point of a game? To win or stat pad and sell $500 shoes? Espn is choosing the latter probably because they make more money hyping him rather than analyzing games correctly

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2017, 05:35:53 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

The way these Lakers hypejobs are being protected by the league and ESPN is sickening. First they protect Ingram from Brown/Tatum, then they protect Ball from getting owned by Fox again.

What an absolute duck...

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2017, 06:15:42 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I'm watching espn right now. Around the horn is talking about Lonzo triple double still, yet no one mentions how his team lost..

ESPN is all about hype and marketing and has been for a long time.   Sorry to break it to you.

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2017, 07:09:55 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I'm watching espn right now. Around the horn is talking about Lonzo triple double still, yet no one mentions how his team lost..

ESPN is all about hype and marketing and has been for a long time.   Sorry to break it to you.
Lol