Author Topic: The Sixers are cursed  (Read 4290 times)

Re: The Sixers are cursed
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2017, 10:48:24 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
Bad Karma for tanking

Man if tanking gets you an ankle sprain what the heck did you guys do to lose Len Bias before he even played a game?

You are a weird dude

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2017, 11:47:57 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Bad Karma for tanking

Man if tanking gets you an ankle sprain what the heck did you guys do to lose Len Bias before he even played a game?

You are a weird dude

TP for your restraint in using the descriptor "weird".

Perverse, crass, tasteless, envious, and disgusting are more apt in describing Seventy Stinker fans who stoop to invoking and mocking a tragedy just to weakly attempt to get a point across.

Very poor taste.

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2017, 11:54:05 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Bad Karma for tanking

You are a weird dude

Perverse, crass, tasteless, envious, and disgusting are more apt in describing Seventy Stinker fans who stoop to invoking and mocking a tragedy just to weakly attempt to get a point across.

Very poor taste.

Yeah I don't think jokes about players that died should really be tolerated

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2017, 11:59:58 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Bad Karma for tanking

You are a weird dude

Very poor taste.

Yeah I don't think jokes about players that died should really be tolerated

Desperation and dejection often spawn ignoble acts.....sad.

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2017, 12:09:10 AM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
Bad Karma for tanking

Seriously?

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2017, 12:12:32 AM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
They should be cursed for intentionally tanking for draft picks for how many years?

Probably 3 depending on if you think they had any shot being anything other than terrible in 13-14. I do find it funny that a team that has shamelessly tanked 3x in the past 20 years and chanted MVP for a Lakers player in the Garden.
The Celtics have won fewer than 20 games 1 time. Philly has done it 3 out of the past 4 years.

Boston has won fewer than 30 games 5 times (not including 98-99) these seasons were never consecutive and were seperates by 29,22,9 and 7 year gaps of not sucking.

Philly on the other hand has been under 30 for each of the last 4 seasons.

In fact, the last 4 years of 76ers basketball has resulted in 75 wins. The worst 4 years in celtics history are seasons of 15, 22,24, and 25 wins totaling 86 wins.

This means that if Bostons worst most tankiest seasons in their history were lined up in a row, they still would not have been as futile as the last 4 years of 76ers basketball.

For some reason, I don't expect you to get a response from him on this.

Really excellent post. Really puts things in perspective.

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2017, 12:30:30 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Bad Karma for tanking

Trolling the dead. Classy.

Mods, can we ban this tosser?

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2017, 02:18:16 AM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
ok ok ok you guys are right. I mean there are people in this thread openly celebrating a 19 year old getting hurt because his team's previous GM was smart enough to rebuild, but obviously I was off on my wording.

Karma would imply bad luck, like stepping on someone's foot. Len Bias was completely in control of his own actions when he OD'd.

But if you wanna thump your chests about a 19 year old getting injured, you're going to get it back 10x worse. At least till this gets deleted and someone goes supernova on me.

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2017, 02:23:14 AM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
They should be cursed for intentionally tanking for draft picks for how many years?

Probably 3 depending on if you think they had any shot being anything other than terrible in 13-14. I do find it funny that a team that has shamelessly tanked 3x in the past 20 years and chanted MVP for a Lakers player in the Garden.
The Celtics have won fewer than 20 games 1 time. Philly has done it 3 out of the past 4 years.

Boston has won fewer than 30 games 5 times (not including 98-99) these seasons were never consecutive and were seperates by 29,22,9 and 7 year gaps of not sucking.

Philly on the other hand has been under 30 for each of the last 4 seasons.

In fact, the last 4 years of 76ers basketball has resulted in 75 wins. The worst 4 years in celtics history are seasons of 15, 22,24, and 25 wins totaling 86 wins.

This means that if Bostons worst most tankiest seasons in their history were lined up in a row, they still would not have been as futile as the last 4 years of 76ers basketball.

For some reason, I don't expect you to get a response from him on this.

Really excellent post. Really puts things in perspective.

Because 20 is a completely arbitrary number. They tanked in 1997, 2007 and 2014.

They tried to tank in 2015 but caught like lightning in a bottle with Thomas. The idea that winning 22 games instead of 19 or whatever actually means anything is comical. Danny Ainge dismantled a playoff team, Sam Hinkie literally took over a situation 1 step up from the Nets.

And I love that the entire defense of this is x is bad, but only if it's just more than we did it because obviously what we did can't be bad! Cool story.

You've tanked one less season in the past 20 years than the 76ers, spike the football!

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2017, 03:11:06 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
ok ok ok you guys are right. I mean there are people in this thread openly celebrating a 19 year old getting hurt because his team's previous GM was smart enough to rebuild, but obviously I was off on my wording.

Karma would imply bad luck, like stepping on someone's foot. Len Bias was completely in control of his own actions when he OD'd.

But if you wanna thump your chests about a 19 year old getting injured, you're going to get it back 10x worse. At least till this gets deleted and someone goes supernova on me.

Openly celebrating? Link me to the posts. The one with the picture that is a harmless joke about guys being injury prone? Diddums.

Very little chest thumping done at all. In fact several posters stood up for philly's 'process' after that picture.

And no, we shouldn't expect it back 10 times worse. This is the Celtics forum. Celtics fans should be able to speak freely about opposition teams without expecting anything back 10x worse. Just like philly fans can do the same on liberty ballers.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2017, 06:47:29 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Actually, I don't believe in Karma.   I was making a joke of sorts.  I see you must believe in it from your comments.  Just like my foresight, comments. I admit it was not that funny.

". . . . good and evil fortunes fall to the lot of pious and impious alike . . . ."  ---Spinoza.

I am going to work all day and I won't be  on the forums for the next ten hours or so.   I won't even think about this once, I didn't lose any sleep over it last night.   I don't think your worth going supernova, because quite frankly, your attempts to annoy people are pathetic.

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2017, 12:56:10 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Fultz has a sprained ankle and may have to go light on basketball for two weeks. This is not an extremely painful or life changing hardship for him. Furthermore, the 76ers have intentionally drafted injured players repeatedly for several years and have also held out their players for much longer than they were injured for in an effort to worsen their record and tank. This has led to a few jokes about it, and some were just reporting a silly national headline that some talking heads tried to make a story about.

Now for you to take this as a need to come in here and try and make jokes about a guy that died to make some sick perverse point and double down and say it was his fault cause he OD'd really makes you look like a jerk and one that wouldn't be welcome long on this board if it were up to me.

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2017, 01:13:21 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

RIP.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes