Author Topic: The Sixers are cursed  (Read 4288 times)

The Sixers are cursed
« on: July 08, 2017, 11:55:47 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Re: The Sixers are cursed
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 10:04:00 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
It's a high ankle sprain.

Bad luck for Fultz, but he should be fine for the beginning of the season.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 11:13:18 AM by greece666 »

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 10:07:21 AM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Ahsan from Greece :D Panathinaikos and Celtics Fan
lol xd nice one xd

anyway, who cares about them xd till they land a superstar, aint no worrying about them, lets just hope they arent the worst team this year!
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Banner 18...and BEYOND!!!

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 10:14:52 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
They should be cursed for intentionally tanking for draft picks for how many years?

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 10:19:12 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
lol xd nice one xd

anyway, who cares about them xd till they land a superstar, aint no worrying about them, lets just hope they arent the worst team this year!
They only were the worst team once out of the previous 4 seasons and they certainly won't be this season.  They already have their superstar in Embiid.  He just needs to stay healthy.  Simmons and Fultz have a chance to be stars. 

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 10:20:15 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Bad Karma for tanking

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 10:23:56 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112

TP !  Love it!  Got a chuckle over this more than I did w 50 comics this morning!

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 11:09:52 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2017, 11:15:07 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
lol xd nice one xd

Haven't you heard? Embiid is the second coming of Russel but shoots like Curry. Simmons will make Magic Johnson and Lebron look like d leaguers, and Fultz is James Harden...but better. They've only played NBA games between them but they are the best players EVER.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2017, 09:00:24 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
Bad Karma for tanking

Man if tanking gets you an ankle sprain what the heck did you guys do to lose Len Bias before he even played a game?

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2017, 09:03:31 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
They should be cursed for intentionally tanking for draft picks for how many years?

Probably 3 depending on if you think they had any shot being anything other than terrible in 13-14. I do find it funny that a team that has shamelessly tanked 3x in the past 20 years and chanted MVP for a Lakers player in the Garden.

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2017, 09:20:06 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Man if tanking gets you an ankle sprain what the heck did you guys do to lose Len Bias before he even played a game?

Let you on this blog, we had foresight...

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2017, 09:31:44 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522

Probably 3 depending on if you think they had any shot being anything other than terrible in 13-14. I do find it funny that a team that has shamelessly tanked 3x in the past 20 years and chanted MVP for a Lakers player in the Garden.

Being terrible is forgivable, but I do hate tanking by design. Worse yet is purposely playing guys who provide a lower chance of winning.

That said, when the C's were fighting for a playoff spot a few years ago, I was in the camp that was hoping that we'd blow a few games and end up in the lottery.  So, like any "fan", I am fickle and want the best outcomes for my team despite unsavory ethics.  Speaking objectively, the blatant tank for Duncan was a disgrace and to do so again for Oden/Durant was also wrong.   Likewise, the Sixers display over the last few years was nauseating.  But they played by the rules and they've benefitted.   I hope they (and the Lakers) bust on their picks -- more so the Lakers because I hate them more.  But I hardly believe there is any curse involved.   

Sixers look like a team ready to take things to a new level and if Embiid is healthy (I definitely think Fultz and Simmons will be), Philly will be  a tough opponent this year and a feared one in years to come.

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2017, 09:40:28 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

The Celtics have won fewer than 20 games 1 time. Philly has done it 3 out of the past 4 years.

Boston has won fewer than 30 games 5 times (not including 98-99) these seasons were never consecutive and were seperates by 29,22,9 and 7 year gaps of not sucking.

Philly on the other hand has been under 30 for each of the last 4 seasons.

In fact, the last 4 years of 76ers basketball has resulted in 75 wins. The worst 4 years in celtics history are seasons of 15, 22,24, and 25 wins totaling 86 wins.

This means that if Bostons worst most tankiest seasons in their history were lined up in a row, they still would not have been as futile as the last 4 years of 76ers basketball.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2017, 10:29:37 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

Let you on this blog, we had foresight...
Ha, well played. A tp for each of you.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva