Author Topic: Tatum is a stud, we have a 3rd go to scorer + can REBOUND!  (Read 16122 times)

Re: Tatum is a stud, we have a 3rd go to scorer + can REBOUND!
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2017, 03:17:44 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
We got a free first round pick to go with the best player in the draft.

My oh my.
danny got it.
how many gm's in the league and on this forum would have traded down.
Also, if that pick is in the 2-5 range and Fultz has a promising but injury riddled season, we might trade that pick for Fultz for PG help (imo Smart is best served as a 6th man like young Hondo on a dynasty team). We might end up with a Fultz/Brown/Tatum/Smart/Bamba core (think Yabu will be a nice glue guy at PF, similar to what Satch Sanders did for the 60s Celtics).
BELIEVE IN DANNY GUYS!!! 8)

Think Danny passed on Fultz because he has his eye on Doncic. I assume hell sign and trade IT for an elite big next summer..

« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2017, 03:55:54 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

My oh my.
danny got it.
how many gm's in the league and on this forum would have had the stones to trade down.

TP, but fixed it a little for you.

« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2017, 03:58:55 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
How often has there been a trade down from the #1 pick? I know red did it once.

« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2017, 04:06:02 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236

My oh my.
danny got it.
Also, if that pick is in the 2-5 range and Fultz has a promising but injury riddled season, we might trade that pick for Fultz for PG help (imo Smart is best served as a 6th man like young Hondo on a dynasty team). We might end up with a Fultz/Brown/Tatum/Smart/Bamba core (think Yabu will be a nice glue guy at PF, similar to what Satch Sanders did for the 60s Celtics).

This is an impressively bad take.

« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2017, 04:47:54 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Hopefully his 3 improves... If he can catch and shoot the 3 and add mass..

Really needs these two things to take his game to the next level

He has zero willingness whatsoever to shoot the three. Now, I trust that Brad will fix that, but that's the one thing that's holding him back from being a special scorer.

Naw.  You just haven't been watching.  He's 3/10 from three point range over the last four games.

I've watched every second of all four games, including one of them twice. Today, he was 1/1 on essentially a heave. He's turned down countless open looks, opting for contested twos instead. He's very clearly uncomfortable from everywhere but the corners.

Hey, you said he has 0 willingness to shoot the 3

I'm just pointing out he's averaging 2.5 attempts from 3 per game and is hitting at 33 percent.

« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2017, 05:05:19 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Two things I've liked a lot:

1. He plays older but he still looks 19. Which means he's likely going to beef up a little, naturally, in the next year or two. He already has good size for the NBA, when he's fully grown, it'll be even better.

2. He's been finishing really well. The game winner against Philly and then a great second half against LA last night. He's a gamer. He shows up when it's important. I mean, it'll be important that he plays all 48 minutes but I'm optimistic that he's a guy who won't shy away from the big moment.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2017, 05:15:00 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Two things I've liked a lot:

1. He plays older but he still looks 19. Which means he's likely going to beef up a little, naturally, in the next year or two. He already has good size for the NBA, when he's fully grown, it'll be even better.

2. He's been finishing really well. The game winner against Philly and then a great second half against LA last night. He's a gamer. He shows up when it's important. I mean, it'll be important that he plays all 48 minutes but I'm optimistic that he's a guy who won't shy away from the big moment.
Plugging him into our professional STRENGTH & CONDITIONING PROGRAM is huge especially at 19 when he is also physically maturing.
He has had to overcome a lack of explosiveness and has become extremely fundamental because of it. As his body grows so will his game...exponentially.

« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2017, 05:22:13 PM »

Offline cousytoheinsohn

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
He is already an NBA vet.

He has the dirk step back

Carmelos handle

Otto porters length

Should he start over Morris at PF? Because he can clearly rebound too.

I know I want a closing lineup of

IT
Hayward
Tatum
Morris
Horford.

All 5 are legitimate threats 1on 1

Best pick of Dannys career

I agree with you completely, RH. Good stuff.

It's also significantly redemptive as well: Danny's had some real lemons. Tatum will make us forget most if not all of those.

I've gotta believe Brad had quite a bit of input into this one, as well.

Together, they've done a really nice job of upgrading the squad, to say the least.

Now, with the acquisition of Baynes, all of the supposed holes have been plugged.

I say the Cs are good enough to push the Cavs to the brink where the outcome will be determined by coaching.

Guess who has the edge in that one. :)

« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2017, 05:36:00 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Together, they've done a really nice job of upgrading the squad, to say the least.

Now, with the acquisition of Baynes, all of the supposed holes have been plugged.

I say the Cs are good enough to push the Cavs to the brink where the outcome will be determined by coaching.

Indeed.  Now the debate nationally (and of course among C's fans) will be Bos vs. Cle.  The other advantage the C's have is depth.  This is going to be a solid roster at least 10-deep.  Meanwhile, Cle is having trouble upgrading this off-season so LBJ is going to have to play lots of minutes, or perhaps sacrifice the regular season for the sake of rest for the playoffs, like they did last season.  I now am more confident in a repeat of EC best record.

« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2017, 05:37:13 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Indeed.  Now the debate nationally (and of course among C's fans) will be Bos vs. Cle.  The other advantage the C's have is depth.  This is going to be a solid roster at least 10-deep.  Meanwhile, Cle is having trouble upgrading this off-season so LBJ is going to have to play lots of minutes, or perhaps sacrifice the regular season for the sake of rest for the playoffs, like they did last season.  I now am more confident in a repeat of EC best record.

Coach LeBron vs Coach Stevens is going to be an interesting matchup.

So far Cavs picked up Jose Calderon. But I suspect they will try to land Carmelo Anthony and Dwyane Wade.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2017, 05:41:10 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

So far Cavs picked up Jose Calderon. But I suspect they will try to land Carmelo Anthony and Dwyane Wade.
and there are major roadblocks in both cases (Melo no-trade clause and Wade expensive buyout).

« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2017, 05:55:25 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527

Someone in another thread before the draft posted about Webber and Joe Barry Carroll. He might have mentioned others but I don't remember which.

« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2017, 06:32:13 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Someone in another thread before the draft posted about Webber and Joe Barry Carroll. He might have mentioned others but I don't remember which.
Here's a little history of trading the #1:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/how-trading-the-no-1-pick-in-the-nba-draft-works-out-a-brief-history/
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2017, 07:07:53 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

and there are major roadblocks in both cases (Melo no-trade clause and Wade expensive buyout).

If I were Melo I'd wave that NTC in a heartbeat to play with Harden and CP3.  Not to mention no state income tax in Texas!!!  To me that's more appealing destination for him than Cleveland.

« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2017, 07:11:32 PM »

Offline unclebay

• NCE
  • Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 15

My oh my.
danny got it.

This is an impressively bad take.
Lol TP