Author Topic: Tatum is a stud, we have a 3rd go to scorer + can REBOUND!  (Read 16148 times)

Re: Tatum is a stud, we have a 3rd go to scorer + can REBOUND!
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2017, 10:56:09 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
He needs to learn how to pass first. He can't go into a veteran team and fit in when he is a black hole. He has been struggling finding open players against professional AAU teams. It will get worst against organized defense that he has never seen before.
I dunno what you're seeing but he's made the right play attacking or passing out of doubles. The staff is clearly calling his number for him to go to work and he's scoring at will most of the time.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2017, 10:58:54 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
He looks great. He did take 3-4 shots tonight that he really shouldn't have but it's hard to complain  too much. For all we know Walter's directions for him could be "shoot and shoot some more!"

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2017, 10:58:57 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Hopefully his 3 improves... If he can catch and shoot the 3 and add mass..

Really needs these two things to take his game to the next level

He has zero willingness whatsoever to shoot the three. Now, I trust that Brad will fix that, but that's the one thing that's holding him back from being a special scorer.
He's got nice form and is a great free throw shooter.

He will extend his range. I've got no doubt about it.

I'm 3 years he will be strong enough to play power forward and he will be a 38+% shooter from three and he will be Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing 22.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2017, 10:59:12 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
we have 4 or maybe 5 guys who can create their own shot now.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2017, 11:03:11 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Brown has been a hog in the SL. Different at the big stage

He is trying to do too much and it is killing his game.   I thought Nader was a ball hog, too.

I am going on record, I think Tatum will surpass Brown on the depth chart at some point.  I know it is just SL but cream rises to the top.

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2017, 11:07:26 PM »

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

He is trying to do too much and it is killing his game.   I thought Nader was a ball hog, too.

I am going on record, I think Tatum will surpass Brown on the depth chart at some point.  I know it is just SL but cream rises to the top.

That wouldn't surprise anyone. Tatum is more of a finished product. Brown is the superior athlete. Jaylen has a lower floor that Tatum, but might have a higher ceiling.

I think Tatum is going to be special, and I hope Jaylen is.

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2017, 11:08:43 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

He has zero willingness whatsoever to shoot the three. Now, I trust that Brad will fix that, but that's the one thing that's holding him back from being a special scorer.

Naw.  You just haven't been watching.  He's 3/10 from three point range over the last four games.

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2017, 11:11:15 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Naw.  You just haven't been watching.  He's 3/10 from three point range over the last four games.

I've watched every second of all four games, including one of them twice. Today, he was 1/1 on essentially a heave. He's turned down countless open looks, opting for contested twos instead. He's very clearly uncomfortable from everywhere but the corners.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2017, 11:14:51 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Nothing is holding Tatum back, he is a stud.  And already much better than Brown.  He does not see the court very well as far as passing but I find myself hoping he gets to take the shot every time down the court.  If not for the veteran/rookie pecking order, I would say Tatum looks to be an equal scorer as Hayward, maybe even Isaiah.

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2017, 11:15:36 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
I have a feeling this kid is going to be scary good..  Its not the SL points  but the confidence and poise he plays with..  He wants to be great.. 

No matter what happens with Fultz.. Danny made the right call grabbing this kid.  He is special.

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2017, 11:18:39 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236

To be fair, developing his ability to create his own shot and hit threes would have to be the top priorities for Jaylen right now. I highly doubt he keeps up this style of play in the real games.

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2017, 11:23:17 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I thought at times Kuzma's length bothered him.  Tatum played within his game and played well though.   Kuzma scored 31, though.  I think Tatum will be the better player but Kuzma was a nice pick for 27 and it kills me to say that because I hate the Lakers.

I think it is ok for Tatum's favorite player to be Kobe, even though I hated Kobe and still hate the Lakers.

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2017, 11:23:19 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Love, love Tatum, but pump the brakes on starting right away.  He has A LOT to learn about many aspects of the game other than shooting.

Folks also have such short memories.  He had a mediocre first half highlighted by some bad defense.

He is NOT better than Brown, yet.  ;)

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2017, 11:24:37 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
I agree Tatum is going to be special. I can't even say who he reminds me of cause he's got some Dirk Nowinski step backs, Paul Pierce spin moves n that fade away is so dope. He's got so much length and he utilizes it well even on the boards. It takes him 2 steps from the foul line to lay in the basket using his long body in perfect pivit mode. Kids gonna be amazing....

Great pick Danny

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2017, 11:26:16 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Love, love Tatum, but pump the brakes on starting right away.  He has A LOT to learn about many aspects of the game other than shooting.

Folks also have such short memories.  He had a mediocre first half highlighted by some bad defense.

He is NOT better than Brown, yet.  ;)
he had a bad first half cuz his gas pedal wasn't pressed all the way. They fixed it at half time