Author Topic: So what about that C spot?  (Read 4792 times)

Re: So what about that C spot?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2017, 02:03:40 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I can see Ainge signing Aron Baynes or Joffrey Lauvergne.

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2017, 02:07:09 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Trade for Vucevic.

Vucevic shot around 31% from three last year, taking 1 shot per game.  Before that, the most he had averaged per game was in his first year, .2 per game, when he shot 37.5%.  Perhaps he took five times more per game this year as it is a shot he is working on and adding to his arsenal.  V is a guy that had a 19.19 PER last year and has been the epitome of consistency for the last five years!!

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/6478/nikola-vucevic

His salary is a REAL BARGAIN for a legit big man in today's market!!!

Notice that he has also averaged almost 3 assists per game the last two years on HORRIBLE Magic teams!!!

He has also averaged around 17 points per game and around 10 rebounds per game the last three years!!

He is NOT a one trick pony!!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2017, 02:19:43 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
Horford is the center. Horford as center got us to within 7 wins  of a banner. For what reason would you change that? The days of a low post lumbering center are over. It makes some people uncomfortable but it's time to Adapt

If you watch the Warriors-who are the primary reason the NBA has gone to 5 out sets,
they don't run this throughout the game. Besides high post pick and roll basketball, they run horns, and a 4 out set with one rebounding big.  That was run with David Lee, Andrew Bogut and Javale Mcgee.  The days of having no interior defense, no shotblocking bigs, and no rebounders will never, ever be over-  jiminy crickett!

I wouldn't be bitter, with Tiago Splitter
I would love some Javale McGee,
perhaps smile if we got back David Lee
If we were stuck, I'd take Bogut
But it would be swell with Nerlens Noel
If we didn't know what to do,
I'd even take a Gasol or two
We might want more, than Okafor
but I wouldn't mind
if he walked through the door
Larry Sanders with a personal trainer?
To me that would be a no brainer
But it would be sick
if we got Vucevic
I know he's a kind feller
just don't leave us
with Tyler Zeller!

« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 02:32:10 PM by ThaPreacher »
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2017, 11:40:25 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Trade for Vucevic.

Vucevic shot around 31% from three last year, taking 1 shot per game.  Before that, the most he had averaged per game was in his first year, .2 per game, when he shot 37.5%.  Perhaps he took five times more per game this year as it is a shot he is working on and adding to his arsenal.  V is a guy that had a 19.19 PER last year and has been the epitome of consistency for the last five years!!

Notice that he has also averaged almost 3 assists per game the last two years on HORRIBLE Magic teams!!!

He has also averaged around 17 points per game and around 10 rebounds per game the last three years!!

Smitty77

I'm in, sign me up.  What do you think it would cost?  He's a 26yo big.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2017, 11:46:51 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I can see Ainge signing Aron Baynes or Joffrey Lauvergne.
You called that one, it seems :)

I think that means we're pretty set for this season. Horford, Baynes, and Zizic for depth.

The key question is now, given that the room exception is spent, are you really playing to go with a SF masquerading as a PF, and two rookies at the 4 spot? Seems risky.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2017, 11:56:48 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

The key question is now, given that the room exception is spent, are you really playing to go with a SF masquerading as a PF, and two rookies at the 4 spot? Seems risky.

It is a bit.  I think it means the team starts Baynes and plays him more than people think.  I thiink Zizic will play more than some people think as well. 

I like small ball but we have some guys that haven't proven themselves to be that good at small ball PF that it's small ball all the time.  Baynes will set a better screen than any of them and get rebounds that will be needed.  Someone needs to match up against the bruisers.

In the Playoffs I bet the team goes smaller.  It'll be match up dependent.  But I think you get away with some guys like Morris at PF (who wasn't good before) if you have Baynes at C. 
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2017, 12:04:30 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Trade for Vucevic.

Smitty77

I'm in, sign me up.  What do you think it would cost?  He's a 26yo big.

I think the toughest thing would be matching contracts honestly.  A couple of first round picks, Terry Rozier, and salary should do it.

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2017, 12:09:39 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
Don't listen to your girlfriend, it's a myth.

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2017, 12:33:08 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Horford will be our primary big, with a smattering of minutes from the other guys, except on the nights we play a team that has 2 legitimate bigs. I think we'll see CBS's 1 guard-3 wing/swing- 1 big lineup most of the time.

A traditional big doesn't match up well with Kevin Love or Draymond Green anyway. A guy like Tatum or Morris would be a better match for what either does offensively, and hopefully hold their own on the boards (eventually).