Author Topic: So what about that C spot?  (Read 4795 times)

So what about that C spot?
« on: July 08, 2017, 04:34:46 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
I love Zizic's potential but that's going to take some time. Who out that is a legit possibility to bring in? How many would be opposed to JaVale McGee? I think he'd bring that energy/rebounding/paint presence the C's could use. Would he take that exception the C's have left? Lord knows GS doesn't really need him.

Re: So what about that C spot?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 04:35:50 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I love Zizic's potential but that's going to take some time. Who out that is a legit possibility to bring in? How many would be opposed to JaVale McGee? I think he'd bring that energy/rebounding/paint presence the C's could use. Would he take that exception the C's have left? Lord knows GS doesn't really need him.

I think Horford is pretty much a center at this point.

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 04:38:32 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • GOT IT!!!

Yeah but the C's still lack that guy I just mentioned. They will still struggle on the boards. I can't handle it another year!

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 04:42:36 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

If you're starting 3 6'8" guys with Horford and IT maybe they can get some boards!

Yeah but the C's still lack that guy I just mentioned. They will still struggle on the boards. I can't handle it another year!

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 04:44:40 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Willie Reed or Dwayne Dedmon are still out there.

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 04:48:01 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Willie Reed or Dwayne Dedmon are still out there.

Would either of these guys come here for 4 million? I guess once the money gets tight, it's already pretty tight, we could pick up a serviceable big man on a one year make good contract...

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2017, 04:49:17 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Bogut on a minimum is worth a gamble.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2017, 05:03:10 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
I'd love Len if Phoenix would let him go.  He's a RFA and if they resign Alan Williams I think he can be had.

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2017, 05:05:14 PM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Dedmon if he wants to come east for basically no money. I would love him here.

Also wouldn't mind a flyer on Len, but the tiny bit we could offer wouldn't be worth it. Phoenix would match that kind of offer in a heartbeat just because.
#JKJB

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2017, 05:08:43 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Bogut on a minimum is worth a gamble.

You are right it's worth the gamble. Bogut seems to be made of glass at this point, but on a minimum deal in low minutes off the bench and mostly saved for the playoffs, he's worth the gamble!

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2017, 05:19:47 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Horford is the center. Horford as center got us to within 7 wins  of a banner. For what reason would you change that? The days of a low post lumbering center are over. It makes some people uncomfortable but it's time to Adapt

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2017, 05:22:37 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • GOT IT!!!
Horford is the center. Horford as center got us to within 7 wins  of a banner. For what reason would you change that? The days of a low post lumbering center are over. It makes some people uncomfortable but it's time to Adapt

The C's have a green rook backing up him. That's the point of my thread.

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2017, 05:36:33 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

we'll probably go with small ball lineups during substitutions. We still have theis, yabu, and ojeleye. Some of these guys are tough enough to play small ball 5

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2017, 05:38:20 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

we'll probably go with small ball lineups during substitutions. We still have theis, yabu, and ojeleye. Some of these guys are tough enough to play small ball 5

You're overlooking his point, though.

Zizic + Yabu + Theis + Ojeleye = 0 combined NBA games

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2017, 02:01:35 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
We may end up with Zeller coming back for the vet min to back up Al.

There are options out there though, it just depends what you are looking for, a cheap vet or a young guy who could outplay his contract