Author Topic: Willy Hernangomez  (Read 3175 times)

Willy Hernangomez
« on: July 08, 2017, 09:22:43 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
What would it take to get this big??

Would Crowder do??

If so, would you trade JC for Willy Hernangomez??

Smitty77

Re: Willy Hernangomez
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 09:23:17 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

Would Crowder do??

Smitty77

Yes I would.

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 09:26:52 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Would Crowder do??

Smitty77

Yes I would.

Do you think NY would?  I know that Phil loved Jae, but Phil is gone:-((  Any news on if the Knicks still like Jae?

Smitty77

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 09:28:40 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I probably would especially now that we've got Morris but Knicks fans on sites that I read were spitting in the face of the Marcus Smart for Willy rumor. They view Willy as their second best asset after KP.

Honestly though I'm probably just content to go into the season with Crowder and Morris as the enforcers since having only Crowder in that role kind of put him on an island last season. Not sure Willy has the assertive mindset we need.

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 09:35:01 AM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
Would love Herangomez in Boston.  I would gamble a little bit and make a nice offer, maybe a pick (not the big ones) and a player and hope he out plays the offer.

I don't think NY would give him up easily.  Do they need a point (Rozier) or a wing (Crowder)?

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 09:50:36 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Hernangomez isn't going to get us past Cleveland.  We need Crowder to help defend Lebron.  Same goes for KD if we make it to the finals.  If we have the roster spot, I wouldn't mind getting a cheap wing defender (e.g. Mbah Moute). 

We have the Nets and hopefully Lakers picks next draft to hopefully get us a great big man prospect. 

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2017, 09:57:26 AM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Would love Herangomez in Boston.  I would gamble a little bit and make a nice offer, maybe a pick (not the big ones) and a player and hope he out plays the offer.

I don't think NY would give him up easily.  Do they need a point (Rozier) or a wing (Crowder)?

They do, but I don't know how Rozier would factor into that.

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2017, 09:58:47 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Hernangomez isn't going to get us past Cleveland.  We need Crowder to help defend Lebron.  Same goes for KD if we make it to the finals.  If we have the roster spot, I wouldn't mind getting a cheap wing defender (e.g. Mbah Moute). 

We have the Nets and hopefully Lakers picks next draft to hopefully get us a great big man prospect.

I think Danny's next moves will be to look at "what it takes" to get by the Cavs - i.e. who is the best defender available to defend LeBUM?  or who is a banger to get rebounds?  or who is there to hit a clutch 3?  In other words, who is out there to fill the Posey role or the Eddie House role?  I think Crowder looks good as a defender on LeBUM but is he really?  Who is the tough paint defender?  Is it Morris?

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2017, 10:01:54 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Knicks reportedly want to keep him and build around him and Zing.

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2017, 10:14:50 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
I wonder if we can get Kyle O'Quinn for spare parts?  Mickey, Jackson, Nader, and a future 2nd rounder?

It would basically be a salary dump for them. Not sure if it's worth their time.

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2017, 10:21:35 AM »

Offline Jack_Frost

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 52
I think danny's plan is going to realize next year. Bkn e lal (hope) pick will turn into players, brown and tatum will be a real thing e Cavs will disappear (lebron leave) ecc
You have to see te plan this way
And i really like it

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2017, 10:22:11 AM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Knicks are over the cap...they had to release Rose (cap hold)  to sign Tim...and I think that puts them over. 
Diggles

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2017, 12:42:14 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I wonder if we can get Kyle O'Quinn for spare parts?  Mickey, Jackson, Nader, and a future 2nd rounder?

It would basically be a salary dump for them. Not sure if it's worth their time.

Like him for boards banging. They need a banger, since there is question whether Zizic is ready at 20yo.

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2017, 12:46:39 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
There's no incentive for New York to part with Hernangomez unless we are giving up enough assets to frustrate Celtics nation.  The Knicks asking price would make all of us say no.  He is dirt cheap for the next 3 seasons and it's not like the Knicks have an opportunity to contend in the East.  Crowder doesn't move the needle for the Knicks in any way. 

I'm sure we would all like to have Hernangomez but look at it from the Knicks perspective.  I don't trade him unless I get back Crowder and another prospect or two.  I would probably push for a draft pick as well. 

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2017, 12:48:45 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

O'Quinn would be a much more realistic move for New York.  Not sure what the asking price would be but I'm sure they would entertain the discussion.