Author Topic: Las Vegas Summer League Thread  (Read 18866 times)

Re: Las Vegas Summer League Thread
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2017, 01:41:49 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Ball is a terrible shooter. He airballs a 3, then the next 3 it goes far left of the rim

And he then made his next 2 3's.  Hard to make judgments on a kid based on 2 shots.

Of course, you should never judge a player on just 2 shots. However, individual misses can tell a lot more about a shooter than makes. For example, Lonzo seems to have had a handful of bad left-right misses. Incorrectly gauging distance (air balls) isn't a huge deal, but left-right misses are symptomatic of flawed/inconsistent form. When you consider this within the context of Lonzo's unorthodox shot, his individual misses can become pretty telling.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2017, 01:50:23 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Ball is a terrible shooter. He airballs a 3, then the next 3 it goes far left of the rim

And he then made his next 2 3's.  Hard to make judgments on a kid based on 2 shots.

Of course, you should never judge a player on just 2 shots. However, individual misses can tell a lot more about a shooter than makes. For example, Lonzo seems to have had a handful of bad left-right misses. Incorrectly gauging distance (air balls) isn't a huge deal, but left-right misses are symptomatic of flawed/inconsistent form. When you consider this within the context of Lonzo's unorthodox shot, his individual misses can become pretty telling.
exactly. That's what I was trying to get at. His shot is fundamentally flawed for many reasons. It's the wrong way to shoot and it gets proven when he misses the rim by 4 feet.  That's why it's called fundamentals... fundamentally-sound shots are designed to be most accurate as well as least likely to be blocked.

« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2017, 02:20:43 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

exactly. That's what I was trying to get at. His shot is fundamentally flawed for many reasons. It's the wrong way to shoot and it gets proven when he misses the rim by 4 feet.  That's why it's called fundamentals... fundamentally-sound shots are designed to be most accurate as well as least likely to be blocked.

i think his shot will not translate once the NBA starts, the way he carries the ball over his shoulder for a shot kinda resembles Rondo's, but it looks a lot worse looking at Balls. I honestly feel a capable NBA defender could easily shut or block his shot

« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2017, 03:02:39 AM »

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Josh Jackson is such a ball hog. Glad we drafted Tatum.

Bender looks much better this year on the offensive end. More comfortable and more confident. His three point shot looks great
Tatum is known as more of a ball hog than Jackson.  Jackson is known as a very good passer and playmaker for a wing.  And he had 15 rebounds tonight.
Also Jackson is a full year older than Tatum

« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2017, 03:05:34 AM »

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
I'd be jacked if Tatum or Brown scored 36 in any SL game.
Well Brown scored 18 points in a playoff game, that's like 60 in summer league(oviously with talent around him)

« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2017, 03:22:32 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Well Brown scored 18 points in a playoff game, that's like 60 in summer league(oviously with talent around him)
and with prime lebron defending brown, that's 120pts in a summer league game

« Reply #111 on: July 13, 2017, 03:29:05 AM »

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
and with prime lebron defending brown, that's 120pts in a summer league game
https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celtics/2016/11/04/celtics/zl5QbmOjXNOtEhY5cPAQZO/story.html

« Reply #112 on: July 13, 2017, 04:59:54 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

Tatum did drop 27 playing far more within himself than Lonzo did today.

The amount of gambling that Lonzo was doing for steals on defense will not be rewarded at the higher level. It will be punished.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #113 on: July 13, 2017, 07:12:22 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWeUr6dB2pG/

Lonzo was wearing nikes not big baller shoes.'
That's goofy.  The Big Baller's are so great that they are worth $500 but of such poor quality that they are unfit to wear in a basketball game.

« Reply #114 on: July 13, 2017, 08:24:27 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

That's goofy.  The Big Baller's are so great that they are worth $500 but of such poor quality that they are unfit to wear in a basketball game.

Should rename the shoes. "Air ballers "  ....for the hot air spewed by Lavar

« Reply #115 on: July 13, 2017, 08:29:41 AM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

i think his shot will not translate once the NBA starts, the way he carries the ball over his shoulder for a shot kinda resembles Rondo's, but it looks a lot worse looking at Balls. I honestly feel a capable NBA defender could easily shut or block his shot

Right now Ball looks like he will shoot sub-30 from three, much like Rondo. Unfortunately he wont have pierce and Ray allen to bail him out when defenses cheat off him

« Reply #116 on: July 13, 2017, 08:57:49 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Honesty, Ball is going to be an incredible player.  You can still hate the Lakers and acknowledge that.  Did you say how awful Magic was back in the '80's?

I personally think the rivalry is going to resume sooner than people think, and would not be surprised if Celtics-Lakers meet in the finals within the next 5 years.

« Reply #117 on: July 13, 2017, 10:05:15 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Should rename the shoes. "Air ballers "  ....for the hot air spewed by Lavar
haha!  Tp!

« Reply #118 on: July 13, 2017, 10:08:59 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Honesty, Ball is going to be an incredible player.  You can still hate the Lakers and acknowledge that.  Did you say how awful Magic was back in the '80's?

I personally think the rivalry is going to resume sooner than people think, and would not be surprised if Celtics-Lakers meet in the finals within the next 5 years.

I never acknowledge the quality or the accomplishments of Lakers.  I prefer not to speak of them if they are good.  Actually, I don't like speaking of them if they are bad either.

« Reply #119 on: July 13, 2017, 10:43:34 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

I never acknowledge the quality or the accomplishments of Lakers.  I prefer not to speak of them if they are good.  Actually, I don't like speaking of them if they are bad either.
same although I do like to get a good chuckle when they are last place in west as they usually are. Its gonna be even sweeter when they give us a draft pick for being so terrible