Author Topic: Jeff Green signs with Cavs, 1 yr $2.3 mill  (Read 8025 times)

Re: Jeff Green signs with Cavs, 1 yr $2.3 mill
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2017, 09:56:05 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
LOL ;D.

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2017, 12:20:22 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I haven't kept up with green, but I heard he's not good at all anymore

I really don't remember when he was ever good.
he dropped like 40 pts on the lebron heat once when he was with us. And then he just disappeared

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2017, 01:10:55 AM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Does nothing to get them past Golden State.  I haven't looked at advanced numbers, but the eye test from watching Green while playing for us indicates that he doesn't help your team win games.  Doesn't rebound, poor intangibles, poor motor, mediocre basketball IQ, highly inconsistent. 

Not to rag on the guy, but I just don't think he adds much.  I will say that the price tag is a bargain in the current market though.

You also just described Marcus Morris.

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2017, 01:16:42 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Does nothing to get them past Golden State.  I haven't looked at advanced numbers, but the eye test from watching Green while playing for us indicates that he doesn't help your team win games.  Doesn't rebound, poor intangibles, poor motor, mediocre basketball IQ, highly inconsistent. 

Not to rag on the guy, but I just don't think he adds much.  I will say that the price tag is a bargain in the current market though.

Not really.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2017, 01:23:22 AM »

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie

Not really.

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2017, 01:25:55 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Not really.

lol

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2017, 01:27:26 AM »

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie

Not really.

jeff has significantly regressed since that season

Not arguing that. But...

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2017, 01:29:35 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Not really.

jeff has significantly regressed since that season

Not arguing that.
I just read the whole posts. Pretty crazy how similar they are. I do like morris having less turnover and slightly more rebound

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2017, 01:30:38 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Not really.

Bit of a cherry pick. He was describing Jeff Green as he is, which is a washed up extremely inefficient version of what he used to be. Marcus Morris and Jeff Green aren't really similar, except similar scoring (not similar efficiency) and rebounding. Such things as motor, intangibles, BBIQ and consistency aren't shown at all by a per36 snapshot that isn't even relevant.

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2017, 01:40:06 AM »

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie
Bit of a cherry pick. He was describing Jeff Green as he is, which is a washed up extremely inefficient version of what he used to be. Marcus Morris and Jeff Green aren't really similar, except similar scoring (not similar efficiency) and rebounding. Such things as motor, intangibles, BBIQ and consistency aren't shown at all by a per36 snapshot that isn't even relevant.

Some other stats that are close, %s, assist #, defensive stats, foul rate?  And wasn't he describing his impressions while watching Jeff Green play for us? I actually wouldn't knock either guy's basketball IQ. But both are highly inconsistent for sure.

Either way, his first line:

Does nothing to get them past Golden State.

and his last:

are spot on.

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2017, 02:07:17 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Some other stats that are close, %s, assist #, defensive stats, foul rate?  And wasn't he describing his impressions while watching Jeff Green play for us? I actually wouldn't knock either guy's basketball IQ. But both are highly inconsistent for sure.

Either way, his first line:

Does nothing to get them past Golden State.

and his last:

are spot on.
I agree with those two excerpts, but that's not why we moved AB for him. He enables us to sign Hayward, AND we weren't going to be able to keep AB when his contract was up.

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2017, 09:43:34 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Seems like a great swing given little flexibility CLE has right now.

They were desperate for another two way wing with length that didn't suck [Shump] in the playoffs.

Green could do some damage as a role player to give them different looks.  ORL seems like a mess where they decided to play young guys instead of vets like Green.

He's no savior but he could be really useful under GM/Coach LeBron.

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2017, 10:06:26 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
There's something about this thread that I find completely hilarious.  Teams see him from afar and think, "gee maybe if he comes here he will be more effective".  Then Uncle Snooze goes there and does what he always does.

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2017, 10:10:43 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
how far he has fallen. makes me sad to think ainge traded Perk for him in hopes he would turn it around and be a star to help us get past the heat

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2017, 10:39:33 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
This is an odd signing to me. Green is washed up and his barely an average defender anymore which is all he was ever really good at.  To spend 8 million dollars on Green is just odd.  Now maybe if they get rid of Shumpert and dump his salary the signing makes a bit more sense.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip