Author Topic: Nets pick ruined  (Read 7648 times)

Re: Nets pick ruined
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2017, 06:16:49 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Is anyone worried that the nets are going to get caldwell pope. This could have them winning more games. As in no number 1 pick.

Even if they did... Doesnt matter

Porter would have been worst

Mozgov does little to nothing. Booker is ok at the pf spot

Still a top 10 pick

Triboy, your a great part of the Family around here. 400 to you

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2017, 06:21:01 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Memphis will be in the running also
Unless Memphis trades Gasol and Conley, no, they won't be in the running.

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2017, 06:23:54 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
If you look at the 10 worst teams in the league from last year, almost all of them should be better. Philly should be a playoff team, Lakers will be better, Suns should improve, Twolves should be a playoff team, Sac is much improved. There will be some new teams such as the Pacers fighting for the worst team but Brooklyn should be right in the mix for the worst team.

The new teams are what I'd be worried about. With so many crappy eastern teams it wouldn't be shocking for brooklyn to win a few extra games despite being bad themselves. Also with Western crappy teams facing a more difficult Western conference there could be some really horrible records out west when all is said and done.

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2017, 06:25:19 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Overreaction. Again and again and again.

Please... Looking at the title may worry someone.

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2017, 06:36:00 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I would have been a lot more worried if they got Porter. KCP making big money still seems like a joke. People have been talking max - how is that even possible? That would be a worse deal than the Hardaway one.

KCP would need to make a Harden-like improvement( when he went from OKC to Houston) for it to make a real difference. I can't see that happening.

That is why we were trading Bradley, Hayward or no Hayward. If KCP makes max or near max money, AB is easily going to get paid as much as teams can possibly offer him.

And if players like KCP and AB are your max players, you are not competing for a championship.

For the Nets, it doesn't really help them much next season. KCP doesn't bring anything they don't have already in RHJ and Levert.

It hurts them long term though to invest such $$ in a player of such low caliber.

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2017, 06:38:41 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Sorry, repeated post

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2017, 06:48:34 PM »

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
Detroit stunk with him, why would the Nets be any better.

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2017, 06:59:07 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
People need to chill the Nets are going to suck. Are they the worse team in the league I have no idea but they are at the bottom and staying there.

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2017, 07:01:13 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
The Nets were 0-18 in games Lopez missed over the past 2 seasons. I'm really not worried about KCP and Russell coming in. Even combined they're nowhere near Lopez's level.
tp

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2017, 07:03:19 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Memphis will be in the running also
Unless Memphis trades Gasol and Conley, no, they won't be in the running.

We want Memphis in the running! Them being bad next year is great.  Ideally, next year would look something like this:

1.) BK Nets
2.) LA Lakers
11.) Memphis Grizzlies

Their pick is protected 1-8 in 2019 and 1-6 in 2020, then fully unprotected in 2021.  If they trend bad this year (but not too bad), then they will slide the next few seasons and we have a shot at getting a top pick from them in 2021.  Let's keep this train rolling son!

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2017, 07:10:41 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
How good do you think he is? lol.  I mean they get a bit better but are still awful.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2017, 07:12:53 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
THE SKY IS FALLING!

Good grief, half of this blog needs therapy...

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2017, 07:17:23 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956
Right, just like it was ruined last year after the Nets started 4-5.

KCP isn't a major impact player who can significantly boost a team's win total, especially when the rest of the roster still sucks horribly such as in the Nets case.

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2017, 07:38:04 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Teams we can essentially rule out as competition for Brooklyn's worst team status:

Boston
Toronto
Cleveland
Milwaukee
Detroit
Washington
Miami
Charlotte
Golden State
LA Clippers
San Antonio
Houston
Memphis
Utah
Oklahoma City
Portland
Denver
Minnesota

Teams that are highly unlikely to be as bad as Brooklyn:

New Orleans
Dallas
Philadelphia

That leaves us with the following teams:

New York - As dysfunctional as they might be, I find it hard to believe that a team with Porzingis and Carmelo are a worse team than Brooklyn.

Indiana - We'll see how the rest of the off-season plays out, but Oladipo and Turner don't seem like the makings of the worst team in the NBA.

Chicago - If they buy out Wade and LaVine isn't healthy, they're a legitimate contender for this spot.

Orlando - I'd definitely put Fournier, Gordon, Vucevic, Isaac ahead of Brooklyn.

Sacramento - Much improved. Some sneaky potential to fail if Randolph loses another step, but I highly doubt they are that awful.

LA Lakers - The Lakers with Lopez and Ball are almost certainly better than the Lakers with Russell, and some growth should be expected from Ingram.

Phoenix - Growth from Booker, Bender and Chriss, along with anything Jackson contributes should lead to a better Suns team, but I wouldn't rule them out.

Overall, I see really only 2 or 3 teams that seem to truly have a great shot at being worse than Brooklyn.

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2017, 09:49:44 AM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Great list!

After looking at this I see only Indiana, Chicago (if they buy out Wade), and the Lakers as competition for worst team. Phoenix and Orlando just look, on appear, like they will slightly improve by a few games, and Brooklyn looks like they might actually be worse than last year.

Even if Brooklyn has the 4th worst record, combined with our Lakers ping pong balls that could bean the #2 and #4 picks in the 2018 draft.