Poll

Would you trade Crowder for Marcus Morris to free up room and get our starting 4?

Yes
20 (64.5%)
No
7 (22.6%)
Valar Morghulis
4 (12.9%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Poll: Crowder for Marcus Morris  (Read 4346 times)

Poll: Crowder for Marcus Morris
« on: July 06, 2017, 11:24:54 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
I posted this in the other thread, but I wanted to see a poll on it.

At this point, if Favors or Faried is out of the picture, why not call up Detroit and offer up Crowder for Marcus Morris? They'd assuredly do that deal, and when combined with cutting Jackson and Mickey, I believe that gives you enough to sign Hayward without giving up anything else. Morris would also be a pretty decent (and really cheap $5M deal for the next two years) fit for us at the starting 4 spot, and if we end up hanging on to Bradley, too, then our roster is pretty much set with:

PG: IT, Rozier
SG: AB, Smart
SF: Hayward, Brown
PF: Morris, Tatum
C: Horford, Zizic

You add a couple of veteran minimum players and another bench big with our (room?) exception, and that's a really talented, athletic, and deep two-way team that should be a terror defensively and out in the fastbreak.

If nothing else, it'd be awesome seeing the Morris twins face off against each other again if we meet the Wizards in the playoffs.  ;D

Re: Poll: Crowder for Marcus Morris
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 11:30:40 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156

At this point, if Favors or Faried is out of the picture, why not call up Detroit and offer up Crowder for Marcus Morris? They'd assuredly do that deal, and when combined with cutting Jackson and Mickey, I believe that gives you enough to sign Hayward without giving up anything else. Morris would also be a pretty decent (and really cheap $5M deal for the next two years) fit for us at the starting 4 spot, and if we end up hanging on to Bradley, too, then our roster is pretty much set with:

You add a couple of veteran minimum players and another bench big with our (room?) exception, and that's a really talented, athletic, and deep two-way team that should be a terror defensively and out in the fastbreak.

If nothing else, it'd be awesome seeing the Morris twins face off against each other again if we meet the Wizards in the playoffs.  ;D

All for the idea of flipping crowder for a PF, but Marcus Morris is not a Steven's type of player. Can't shoot from the outside and he's not a great rebounder. He can finish at the rim and defend a little bit but I'd like to think Ainge can find someone better to help out Horford a little bit.

Zicic is not ready yet, we need a quality big next to Al. I'd try to get Faried, Cauley Stein, or Favors before I settle for the O'Quinn's and Morris' of the world.

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 11:31:26 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
This trade doesn't work in Trade machine...

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 11:34:19 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
But how do we really know we are not actually trading for Markieff instead??? You don't know who's who with these guys!

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 11:35:35 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

All for the idea of flipping crowder for a PF, but Marcus Morris is not a Steven's type of player. Can't shoot from the outside and he's not a great rebounder. He can finish at the rim and defend a little bit but I'd like to think Ainge can find someone better to help out Horford a little bit.

Zicic is not ready yet, we need a quality big next to Al. I'd try to get Faried, Cauley Stein, or Favors before I settle for the O'Quinn's and Morris' of the world.

I'd probably prefer Favors or Faried to him, too, but they're also much more expensive and would cost AB to get them, which isn't ideal.

But Morris is a better outside shooter than you give him credit for. He's shot 36+% from beyond the arc four times in his career, two of which were over 38%. Combined with his athleticism and defensive chops, his 3 and D playing style I think fits pretty nicely with that lineup.

I just don't see many better options right now.

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 11:39:23 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
This trade doesn't work in Trade machine...

Hmm, you're right after looking at it again. It's about $400k off. Not sure how to get around that. I guess you could always get a third team in there to take some extra minor salary from Detroit to make it work.

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 11:42:41 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Celtics need to find a team under cap with a young big man to trade Crowder to....

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 11:57:52 PM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
But how do we really know we are not actually trading for Markieff instead??? You don't know who's who with these guys!
I wish we didn't know!

Markieff is a tough player who can rebound a little and is a perfect fit at the 4

Marcus sucks.

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2017, 12:02:35 AM »

Offline OHCeltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Morris and Gbinijie (release ) for Crowder

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2017, 08:08:58 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Yes. I'd do that. Talent downgrade but gives the roster a bit more balance.

Not that Marcus Morris is any great shakes at PF either. More of a SF.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 08:15:22 AM by Who »

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2017, 08:21:08 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I wish we didn't know!

Markieff is a tough player who can rebound a little and is a perfect fit at the 4

Marcus sucks.

Yea I want the one in Washington. Trade them Crowder and AB or Smart that way they don't have to match that ridicules offer from the Nets!   

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2017, 08:54:10 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Yeah, can we just stop proposing Zizic as a regular part of the front court rotation, much less the backup center?  I see NO evidence that he is ready.

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2017, 10:01:51 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Ok fine. I'll accept Morris. Take your dang tommy point

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2017, 10:04:20 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Well, good idea!  You got the Morris part right.

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2017, 10:06:57 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126

You were half-right. Respect and TP =)