Author Topic: Idea: Marcus Smart return to Oklahoma (City)?  (Read 3192 times)

Idea: Marcus Smart return to Oklahoma (City)?
« on: July 06, 2017, 11:58:03 AM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Marcus Smart + Demetrius Jackson

for

Kyle Singler*

Trade Link: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yb3paw4a

This trade frees up roughly $1.25m in cap space. Oklahoma gets a stingy guard in Smart. Smart returns to Oklahoma (Oklahoma State University alum).

*Kyle Singler played against Gordon Hayward in the Duke vs. Butler National Championship game. and actually got the better of Hayward in that game.

Re: Idea: Marcus Smart return to Oklahoma (City)?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 12:08:10 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
I am sure OKC likes this option.  I am not sure the C's do.  Does Singler somehow start for us at the 4?  I don't see it.

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 12:09:37 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Singler makes more than Smart.  This would actually reduce our cap space, rather than increasing it (not to mention the fact that Smart is both younger and better than Singler). All cap space projections already assume Jackson being traded for nothing.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 12:20:12 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Singler would need the splinters removed from his butt due to last season's collection of DNPs or minimum action

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 12:25:55 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Singler is not an NBA player and won't be shortly.  Smart will be around for another 10 years.

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 12:42:06 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Nightmare scenario.

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 12:54:55 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
TP for going outside the box, but I'm pretty sure u waaaay under valuing Marcus in most GMs eyes. Teams want him... Kidd turned into a real role player at like 52 years old. He has huge value.. Not just coz of his D, but he is like a Manu/TA/Aaron brooks guy. He will be liked anywhere and he single handedly sells tickets
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 12:59:00 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Here is a trade idea: Smart for Willy Hernangomez that, while it will hurt, would be a good trade for both teams.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/7/6/15928400/marcus-smart-knicks-celtics-nba-trade-rumors-2017-willy-hernangomez

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2017, 01:03:34 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Here is a trade idea: Smart for Willy Hernangomez that, while it will hurt, would be a good trade for both teams.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/7/6/15928400/marcus-smart-knicks-celtics-nba-trade-rumors-2017-willy-hernangomez
If NYK will be dumb enough to consider forking over Hernangomez, I'd be happy to throw them a lottery pick to help make up their mind.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2017, 01:08:21 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

If NYK will be dumb enough to consider forking over Hernangomez, I'd be happy to throw them a lottery pick to help make up their mind.

Picking up Smart would be very good for New York. He's the kind of player that they need.

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2017, 01:24:06 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Picking up Smart would be very good for New York. He's the kind of player that they need.
Frankly, I wouldn't know what to do with Crowder if we get rid of Smart. Plus, someone has to be the back up PG. But nabbing HG is too good to pass on.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2017, 01:31:17 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Nightmare scenario.
i would cry if this happened
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2017, 08:06:32 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Frankly, I wouldn't know what to do with Crowder if we get rid of Smart. Plus, someone has to be the back up PG. But nabbing HG is too good to pass on.

If they would take Marcus or Jae as the main asset in that deal, we should do it.  Knicks fans would just shake their heads again and wonder when their team is going to have decent management.

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2017, 08:29:54 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Holy crap someone really doesn't want to let their binkie (Singler) go. :P

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2017, 09:37:02 PM »

Offline Bostonborn62

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Hustle like Cowens or have a seat
I wonder if there's a way we could be involved in the three team trade idea that's floating around with Mello going to Cle and Love coming to us ,since NYN would be committing to the youth movement, maybe we can sent a couple of players and a pic or two. Q: when was the last time we saw a Celtic get 20-30 pts with 20 rebounds in a game? We need a good big like Love.