Author Topic: KO being pursued by Pacers, others  (Read 3617 times)

KO being pursued by Pacers, others
« on: July 05, 2017, 04:53:18 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Sam Amick: Lots of interest for Kelly Olynyk, I’m told, with Nets, Pacers, Kings, Jazz coming on strong. Pacers are trying to shed salary to land him – via Twitter sam_amick

If the Pacers wanted KO, and they otherwise liked our offer for George, why on Earth didn't they wait? I still think Danny should have given them a commitment, but if one of their targets was Kelly, they must be soft in the grape to have not explored that.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: KO being pursued by Pacers, others
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 04:56:05 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Sam Amick: Lots of interest for Kelly Olynyk, I’m told, with Nets, Pacers, Kings, Jazz coming on strong. Pacers are trying to shed salary to land him – via Twitter sam_amick

If the Pacers wanted KO, and they otherwise liked our offer for George, why on Earth didn't they wait? I still think Danny should have given them a commitment, but if one of their targets was Kelly, they must be soft in the grape to have not explored that.

Yeah. The Pacers totally blew it. Instead of having KO and much more, they are now looking to unload salaries for a chance to offer him a contract. If they had waited, Ainge would have likely given them the LA/Sac pick along with KO and another quality young player.

I just hope KO doesn't end up on the Nets.

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 04:57:37 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I can't help but conclude they did not want George shipped to Boston. Hard to conclude otherwise.

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 04:57:38 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

I am confused how it would have been possible for them to wait though? We would have had to sign Hayward first right? And we couldn't do that without renouncing KO? It is tough to think though that Crowder, KO and Memphis Pick wouldn't have been the way to go for both teams though...

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 04:57:42 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I figured the pacers would go for it considering they can offer close to max for him. I expect him to get at least 90 mill

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 04:58:42 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
TJ Leaf looks to be a more talented PF than Olynyk is. More mobile and better off the dribble.

Olly could make a good bench PF/C for Indiana. Give Indy 3 strong shooting bigs in Myles Turner, TJ Leaf and Olynyk.

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 04:58:51 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

probably to stick it to the Celtics, poor move imo

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 05:00:35 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
I figured the pacers would go for it considering they can offer close to max for him. I expect him to get at least 90 mill

Kelly Olynyk getting 90-100M?

THANK GOD it's not us giving it to him.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 05:01:42 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

probably to stick it to the Celtics, poor move imo

Prob go to the Nets is my guess

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2017, 05:04:41 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I am confused how it would have been possible for them to wait though? We would have had to sign Hayward first right? And we couldn't do that without renouncing KO? It is tough to think though that Crowder, KO and Memphis Pick wouldn't have been the way to go for both teams though...

We didn't need to renounce KO, it's just the path Danny is currently using.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2017, 05:09:44 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

We didn't need to renounce KO, it's just the path Danny is currently using.

How would it have worked though? Aren't we held up while other teams offer KO offers if we keep the QO out there?

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2017, 05:10:18 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Can we still S&T KO to Utah as part of a Hayward deal?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2017, 05:11:36 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I can't help but conclude they did not want George shipped to Boston. Hard to conclude otherwise.

Agreed!

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2017, 05:13:58 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Can we still S&T KO to Utah as part of a Hayward deal?

hey, not Mike. That's a good question. +1 for 400.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 05:23:42 PM by Bobshot »

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2017, 05:20:36 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141

Maybe so, but I wonder how serious Ainge was about George. Certainly not serious enough to give up high draft picks. Maybe for two reasons: 1) the Lakers semi-commitment by George, which damaged his trade value, and 2) he got cold feet about being able to absorb both George and Hayward. It would have been closer than what they are dealing with right now with just Hayward, even if they traded Bradley and Crowder.