Poll

Is This A Good Plan?

Yes, Go After Both JaMychal Green And Tony Allen!
1 (5.9%)
Yes, But ONLY JaMychal Green.
13 (76.5%)
Yes, But ONLY Tony Allen.
0 (0%)
No. Go After Neither. Here's A Better Plan (Comment Below!)
3 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Next Plan: S&T For JaMychal Green, Target Tony Allen, Throw A Fiesta  (Read 3647 times)

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
FORGET MARC GASOL. Owed ~24M/Year next 3 years (3rd year player option which he'd probably pick up), and is NOT worth AB, Crowder, Smart AND 2 first rounders. Also will turn 33 in January. Plus I feel he's a little redundant to Horford IMHO. If he was like 3-4 years younger, I'd definitely consider. Getting him would ultimately gut this team and some of it's depth too.

So instead, the goal should be, do a sign and trade for JaMychal Green, and see if you can get Tony Allen.

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/882690134784831489?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

David Aldridge‏Verified account
@daldridgetnt

Clips, looking to bolster wing after Redick departure/Crawford trade, have engaged Grizzlies in potential s/t for Tony Allen, per source.

Although the Clippers might be moving quickly to get him. Can you imagine a ferocious Smart and T. Allen pairing in the back court (off the bench) and the amount of defensive intensity they could bring. Earlier today, T. Allen removed all Grizzlies logos and tags from his Twitter account I believe, so he's gone. He gives us a solid veteran presence as well and could help out the young guys, especially Brown and Smart in regards to defense.

JaMychal Green has reportedly had 2 sign and trade offers, and MY HOPE is one of them is from the Celtics.

This should be the "end game for the summer" for the Celtics. Then use any exceptions or anything of that nature to fill out another hole or two in the roster (just some depth), and ROLL into next season. Good Idea?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 04:21:19 PM by Phantom255x »
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Next Plan: S&T For JaMychal Green, Target Tony Allen, Throw A Fiesta
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 04:21:47 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I completely agree, but I am not sure if Green is willing to sign for $12M/yr (or less). If he is, it seems like a match made in heaven. AB and Crowder is a great return in a sign and trade for a RFA.

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 04:25:04 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
count me in too

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 04:25:57 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I completely agree, but I am not sure if Green is willing to sign for $12M/yr (or less). If he is, it seems like a match made in heaven. AB and Crowder is a great return in a sign and trade for a RFA.

But wouldn't we also have to trade Smart to get under cap for Hayward in that case?

Is Green going to be that big an upgrade for us??

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 04:28:43 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

But wouldn't we also have to trade Smart to get under cap for Hayward in that case?

You mean... we may still have to lose ALL of Smart, Bradley and Crowder for this to happen?

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 04:35:26 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

so we lose smart too, uggg I am flopping to the no then

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 04:37:46 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

so we lose smart too, uggg I am flopping to the no then

Yeah never mind in that case. Mods can lock this if they want. But...

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 04:39:28 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
good try Phantom...tp for you

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 04:39:33 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I don't know anything about Green so someone help me out and give me the skinny on this kid.

As for Tony Allen I'll pass. Didn't care much for him when he was here and your idea of him and Smart together worries the hell out of me. Two bone heads that can't shoot as a back court is not what I want to see.

I will say AB would be a good fit in LAC so that makes sense.

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2017, 04:45:54 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Why would we have to trade all three? Crowder plus Bradley is about $15.6 million. If we send them to Mem and take back Green signed for 13 (plausible) we should be able to get under the cap w/out trading Smart.

My bigger concern is: why would the Grizz do this deal? I have no idea what their plan is, assuming they have one.

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2017, 04:49:18 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
If we trade Crowder and Bradley for Green in a S&T and he makes between $12 and $13 million in year one - we should save enough money to sign Hayward to the Max. Maybe we can slide Jackson in there too.  This would allow us to keep Smart too.

Green really is what we need. Good at defense: Blocks shots, switches on pick and roll. Athletic, Hustles. Long Arms. Improved 3 pt shot helps spread the floor.

Read below for Memphis perspective from previous season:

https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2016/12/6/13835684/jamychal-green-memphis-grizzlies-analysis

https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2017/1/2/14144438/jamychal-green-memphis-grizzlies-nba-trade-rumors-contract

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2017, 04:49:22 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Why would we have to trade all three? Crowder plus Bradley is about $15.6 million. If he comes for 13 we should be able to get under the cap w/out trading Smart.

My bigger concern is: why would the Grizz do this deal? I have no idea what their plan is, assuming they have one.

They do this deal if they don't want to commit to Green long-term and would rather have the more reasonable contract of Crowder for the next several years. They would also have a killer replacement for Allen in Bradley and could either deal him for a pick or sign him next year.

If Green really wants to go and/or the Cs really want him, a sign and trade can benefit both teams.

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2017, 04:52:26 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50

Why would we have to trade all three? Crowder plus Bradley is about $15.6 million. If we send them to Mem and take back Green signed for 13 (plausible) we should be able to get under the cap w/out trading Smart.

Their motivations has to be that they are paying Gasol/Conley/Parsons a combined $74 million this year. They have Brandan Wright at $6 million this year. Moving on from Green gives them one year of Bradley, but 3 years of Crowder at a cheap price. Maybe they don't want to go over the cap too much in the future.

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2017, 04:56:59 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
If we trade Crowder and Bradley for Green in a S&T and he makes between $12 and $13 million in year one - we should save enough money to sign Hayward to the Max. Maybe we can slide Jackson in there too.  This would allow us to keep Smart too.

Green really is what we need. Good at defense: Blocks shots, switches on pick and roll. Athletic, Hustles. Long Arms. Improved 3 pt shot helps spread the floor.

Read below for Memphis perspective from previous season:

https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2016/12/6/13835684/jamychal-green-memphis-grizzlies-analysis

https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2017/1/2/14144438/jamychal-green-memphis-grizzlies-nba-trade-rumors-contract

TP, now my post makes sense again  ;D

Yeah I've loved Green for that very exact reason. I guess it also depends on what the other offers he has are, because if any are above 15M/Year, then GG to us.

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2017, 05:01:54 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I don't know anything about Green so someone help me out and give me the skinny on this kid.

As for Tony Allen I'll pass. Didn't care much for him when he was here and your idea of him and Smart together worries the hell out of me. Two bone heads that can't shoot as a back court is not what I want to see.

I will say AB would be a good fit in LAC so that makes sense.
With that backcourt, we could witness the first scoreless tie game in the NBA.