Author Topic: Idea - Who do you trade and for what?  (Read 3888 times)

Re: Idea - Who do you trade and for what?
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2017, 02:30:48 PM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Crowder to Kings for WCS or Skal Lab.  Their choice. 

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2017, 02:59:37 PM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

Almost 30 minutes and no insults yet.  Don't be shy, it's okay, I can take it. 

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2017, 03:09:29 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
People need to realize that we aren't going to get equal or near equal value on the dollar.  Also, you aren't getting Faried for even Crowder and Bradley because we take back too much salary to afford GH. 

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2017, 03:11:50 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
AB and Jae for either PF or Noel

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2017, 03:12:07 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

Almost 30 minutes and no insults yet.  Don't be shy, it's okay, I can take it.

TP good idea!

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2017, 03:30:10 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
People need to realize that we aren't going to get equal or near equal value on the dollar.  Also, you aren't getting Faried for even Crowder and Bradley because we take back too much salary to afford GH.
Faried makes 12.9.  Crowder and Bradley make 15.6.  Assuming Boston just cuts Mickey, then that is enough salary room created. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2017, 03:55:07 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I could see Bradley being odd man out. Smart is too important to this team right now and potentially a more affordable option than Bradley moving forward. Crowder's contract is just too helpful for a championship contending team in today's NBA salary structure.

Could Doc covet Bradley given he is losing J.J. Redick? Maybe a Bradley for Lou Williams swap. I think whatever way we go here, we are going to lose in this trade. If we choose to get rid of Crowder, I could see a move with Atlanta (Crowder for Bellinelli + Minnesota 2018 pick which is protected 1-14 which is likely to convert and be in the 14-20 range with the moves they've made this offseason with Jimmy Butler).

P.S. When we rid ourselves of enough to sign Hayward and use the MLE, I hope we target James Johnson who is also a Mark Bartelstein client.

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2017, 03:58:39 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Faried makes 12.9.  Crowder and Bradley make 15.6.  Assuming Boston just cuts Mickey, then that is enough salary room created.

TP Moranis...this is one of the only trades in the last decade where DA will likely lose.

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2017, 04:00:44 PM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51

TP Moranis...this is one of the only trades in the last decade where DA will likely lose.

I was thinking the same thing. It clears almost enough space, but I don't love giving up Crowder and Bradley for Faried. A pick coming back might make it easier to swallow.