Author Topic: Idea - Who do you trade and for what?  (Read 3891 times)

Idea - Who do you trade and for what?
« on: July 05, 2017, 11:32:36 AM »

Offline Celtics978Fan

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 23
This Gordon Hayward the signing is really great for the Celtics in one sense, but it also is going to disrupt our team that we've had for the past couple years. So now comes the question of who do we trade and for what? Who do you think the Celtics should trade and what do you think is a fair return. You have to taking consideration the contracts and the future at the same time. After looking at the league this becomes a lot harder, because we're wanting value four players that might not be held the same. So maybe we have to give up a little more then we'd like, to get something in return.

The one team that comes to mind is the Kings and there first round pick.  They did just sign George Hill for 3 years to play next too Buddy Hield, so yes Fox could be long term but are they wanting to be competitive now?  We have too many assets to a degree so maybe time to cash in more to get 1 later in return.  Mind you I don't know if the Kings would trade him but maybe with this offer.

Celtics Trade
Crowder
Smart
Mickey
2018 & 2019 Celtics 1st

Kings Trade
De'Aaron Fox

If the Kings looking to be competitive and long term this could work for them.  They get a starting small forward on a great contract for 3 years in Crowder.  Smart becomes the 6th man and can get a cheap extension to be Hills backup and the future for them.  Also him next to Hield would be a good fit as well in the future.  Mickey is a young big and also a throw in for cap reasons.  They receive two 1st round picks and personally I'd be willing to give a couple seconds if they wanted.

Why the Celtics do this, a future point guard since Rozier isn't the answer.  Fox would be the second unit leader with Tatum and Brown for years to come.  Also depending how the season goes you can decide what to do with Thomas.  With this deal it also lets you free up the cap for Hayward, and get a great return for what you have to give up.  Might be more then people want to give up, but it's how business is going to be because of the cap room.  I think they'd want the Lakers pick would be my guess, I wouldn't want to give it up, but if it was the guys and just the Lakers pick I would consider it as well.  Since it was an extra cheap we got and we basically mean we got Tatum, Fox and Hayward for Fultz, Crowder and Smart.  That's a good deal for me. 

Was wondering what everybody's thought on what the Celtics should do?

Re: Idea - Who do you trade and for what?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 11:48:28 AM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
I would have to assume the Kings signed Fox to his rookie deal, which would mean he can't be dealt in time for us to sign Hayward. Beyond that, Sacramento isn't doing it.

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 11:56:28 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Maybe Bobby Portis is available since Bulls have Markkanen.

Crowder for Portis straight up?

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 11:58:04 AM »

Offline OHCeltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Trade: Crowder and Bradley to Denver: Chandler(play PF) Barton( replace Bradley)

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 11:58:37 AM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Crowder and Bradley for Andre Drummond.

IT
Jaylen
Hayward
Al
Drummond

Just brainstorming... don't love this trade but I don't hate it either.

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 12:07:44 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
My official prediction is two of Smart, Bradley, Crowder in a S&T for JaMychal Green.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 12:07:49 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
The one who goes out has to be Crowder if its up to me... I rather keep on to Bradley/Smart if possible.

Options for coming in.
- Still intrigued by Faried, although he is not a shooter he is a high energy big who can rebound and probably highly motivated to play for a new team. Chandler may be the better fit but i dont think he can play 4.
- Jamichael green
- Marc Gasol for the right price
- descent a bit overpaid players like Robin Lopez and Thad Young.

and of course you put in the chips for Porzingis or Anthony Davis.

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 12:19:38 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Drummond for the Nets pick and the Memphis or Clippers pick, plus salary to match not including Brown/Tatum.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 01:43:36 PM »

Offline Celtics978Fan

• Joe Mazzulla
I would have to assume the Kings signed Fox to his rookie deal, which would mean he can't be dealt in time for us to sign Hayward. Beyond that, Sacramento isn't doing it.

You're right about not being able to do it right away.  But didn't know if it works if he hasn't signed yet.  Plus was more just thinking along this line of a trade.

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2017, 01:46:22 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
My official prediction is two of Smart, Bradley, Crowder in a S&T for JaMychal Green.

Seconded, except I think it has to be Crowder and Bradley.  Keep Smart.  Green should be signed for $12-13 million per year.  If we trade Smart and Crowder, I don't think the money adds up. If we trade Smart and Bradley, we have too may wings and not enough guards.

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2017, 01:56:28 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
The one who goes out has to be Crowder if its up to me... I rather keep on to Bradley/Smart if possible.

Options for coming in.
- Still intrigued by Faried, although he is not a shooter he is a high energy big who can rebound and probably highly motivated to play for a new team. Chandler may be the better fit but i dont think he can play 4.
- Jamichael green
- Marc Gasol for the right price
- descent a bit overpaid players like Robin Lopez and Thad Young.

and of course you put in the chips for Porzingis or Anthony Davis.

I've never been a big Faried guy, but he or Chandler would fit well (I'd prefer Chandler).

DKC Clippers

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2017, 01:59:25 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Go for Faried

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2017, 02:02:24 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

Seconded, except I think it has to be Crowder and Bradley.  Keep Smart.  Green should be signed for $12-13 million per year.  If we trade Smart and Crowder, I don't think the money adds up. If we trade Smart and Bradley, we have too may wings and not enough guards.

That's what I thought initially, but given that he's an RFA and seeing how tepid the market is, I wouldn't be surprised if Smart and Crowder or Bradley is enough salary to send out.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2017, 02:08:32 PM »

Offline Celtics978Fan

• Joe Mazzulla
I wonder if we could pull a sign and trade with Dallas for Noel.  If we traded them Crowder and Smart with our first next year.  I'm sure we'd have to give up probably more picks but just a thought.  Since Noel has value but his offensive game isn't there but next to Horford he could be dominant. 

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2017, 02:15:50 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
I wonder if we could pull a sign and trade with Dallas for Noel.  If we traded them Crowder and Smart with our first next year.  I'm sure we'd have to give up probably more picks but just a thought.  Since Noel has value but his offensive game isn't there but next to Horford he could be dominant.
I like the general thinking. Not sure 100% about the price but that's the kind of creative thinking I'm sure Danny is pursuing. TP.