Author Topic: Empty the warchest and revisit Porzingus Idea  (Read 2211 times)

Empty the warchest and revisit Porzingus Idea
« on: July 04, 2017, 11:23:49 PM »

Offline DSF767

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 3
I know its a huge pipe dream especially with Jackson gone and won't ever happen but let me dream a minute

NYK Send:
Porzingus
O'Quinn

BOS Sends:
Avery Bradley
Jae Crowder
18 Nets Pick
18 LAL/19 Kings Pick

Starting 5 of IT/Brown/Heyward/Porzingus/Horford

Bench Of Smart, Tatum, Zizic, O'Quinn, Sign Tony Allen (Exception), Gereld Green (Vet Min)

The trade saves us the money to sign Heyward which is the most import thing right off the bat.

Additionally getting Allen back would be huge and replaces the defense of sending out AB, and getting Porzingus in the fold now that we know we have Heyward here is worth shipping out all our assets. We can resign Smart next off-season as an RFA have a Vet Core of IT/Heyward/Horford and a young core of Porzingus/Brown/Tatum/Smart seems like the perfect team to compete now and in the future.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 11:30:44 PM by DSF767 »

Re: Empty the warchest and revisit Porzingus
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 11:31:01 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I'd rather keep the war chest and reload with elite talent from next year's draft. If we walk away with 2 of porter/ayton/doncic/bamba, that's a dynasty. They would be very good players on rookie contracts. Plus porzingis is disgruntled, meaning knicks have no leverage asking  for all that

We are in a good spot now because we are in no hurry to rush a bad trade. Let a star force his way here, come via free agency, otherwise we cash in our draft picks by drafting our future. Honestly Danny seems to love drafting at the top so I can't see him trading the picks
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 11:43:47 PM by CelticsElite »

Re: Empty the warchest and revisit Porzingus Idea
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 11:44:27 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
The Zinger ship has sailed now with Big Phil out of the picture, at least for the time being.

Keep the picks, try to add some depth, develop the young prospects (Rozier/Smart/Brown/Tatum)and continue what they have been doing. Incremental progress and additions. And if some great opportunity ever pops up (Anthony Davis), you'll at least have the assets to make an attempt.

A 53 win team got much better tonight. Stick with the plan.

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 11:44:30 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
Porzingus-isn't  worth that load.  He just isn't.
The unicorn continues to improve. But he's not enough to make the Knicks a .500 team.
Certainly, that's an overpay. But on a different note, I have some land in the Florida swamps I'd like to sell you....
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 11:49:00 PM »

Offline celtsfan18

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 5
I'd rather keep the war chest and reload with elite talent from next year's draft. If we walk away with 2 of porter/ayton/doncic/bamba, that's a dynasty. They would be very good players on rookie contracts. Plus porzingis is disgruntled, meaning knicks have no leverage asking  for all that

We are in a good spot now because we are in no hurry to rush a bad trade. Let a star force his way here, come via free agency, otherwise we cash in our draft picks by drafting our future. Honestly Danny seems to love drafting at the top so I can't see him trading the picks

#trusttheassets

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 11:58:03 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Doesn't the phrase "empty the warchest" kind of tell you this is a bad idea?

In any event, NYK isn't trading KP.

Personally, I think the promise of potentially 2 high picks in the 2018 draft, Jaylen Brown, and Jayson Tatum > anything we could get in trade for them.

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 12:04:33 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
I'd empty the warchest and go after Myles Turner at indy instead.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 12:05:32 AM »

Offline celtsfan18

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 5
Doesn't the phrase "empty the warchest" kind of tell you this is a bad idea?

In any event, NYK isn't trading KP.

Personally, I think the promise of potentially 2 high picks in the 2018 draft, Jaylen Brown, and Jayson Tatum > anything we could get in trade for them.

#trusttheassets

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 09:54:51 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
My guess is Porzingis in no way in hell is available.  I'd bet 1 of the reasons Jackson was fired was because of his dangling Porzingis as trade bait.