Author Topic: UH-OH. Smart Being Shopped?  (Read 19556 times)

Re: UH-OH. Smart Being Shopped?
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2017, 09:24:43 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Celtics must be convinced Smart has maxed out his potential and will be nothing more than a horrible shooting, terrible offense, defensive role player who can play out of control during big moments. If the Celtics are going to pay 2 of Bradley, IT and Smart, Smart is the one that won't get paid.

I think many of us have come to that reality!

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2017, 09:25:26 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
Celtics must be convinced Smart has maxed out his potential and will be nothing more than a horrible shooting, terrible offense, defensive role player who can play out of control during big moments. If the Celtics are going to pay 2 of Bradley, IT and Smart, Smart is the one that won't get paid.

I think many of us have come to that reality!

lol
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2017, 09:26:14 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Not looking good from a value return standpoint. If we move AB, we can take back a decent rookie scale big with plenty of cap space to sign Hayward. Moving Smart doesn't quite give that luxury and sounds like it would be more of a salary dump.

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2017, 09:26:37 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
Crowder makes the most sense...I get the no position NBA thing but having 4 natural SF on the roster all capable/borderline starters makes no sense.

hey hey ho ho
jae crowder gotta go!!!!!!!!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2017, 09:26:51 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Big mistake, if it's true. Bradley needs to be the guy moved.

Who is going to run the 2nd unit?

Rozier. I'd like to keep Marcus too, but we have options if he has to go.

Smart does not have to go anywhere.

It really comes down to what Danny and Brad think about Marcus' progression as a player and what other teams will give back in a trade.

Smart has more value than than Crowder or Bradley.  Any team that gets his has the right to match any offer so is guaranteed 4 more years of his service.  He will be cheaper than Bradley (who can walk after 1 year) and he is more upside that Crowder.

I have a sneaky suspicion that Danny wants to move Marcus though because he doesn't want to lose Rozier.

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2017, 09:28:07 PM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Ahsan from Greece :D Panathinaikos and Celtics Fan
https://twitter.com/BR_NBA/status/882400215872884736?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Bleacher Report NBA‏Verified account
@BR_NBA

Celtics have contacted teams about a deal for Marcus Smart, per @FredKatz http://ble.ac/2tnBb5m

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Noooooooo not smart!!!!! :((((((

Do something for WYC, keep the band together ! At least for one more year! Pay the luxury! Please

And Smart even posted congratulation to Hayward for coming to Boston. That would be cruel...
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Banner 18...and BEYOND!!!

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2017, 09:32:57 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I'd rather Bradley be traded. Not only is he the most likely to command the most next year, he's also the player that offers the least positional flexibility (he can really only play the 2).

True. Smart we need because Rozier cannot be trusted to play PG yet full time yet. Jae might cause some problems now, but the logical choice is AB, as much as I hate that since he is getting paid next year.

IT-Smart-Rozier
Brown-Smart-Rozier
Hayward-Crowder-Tatum-
PF-Crowder-Tatum
Horford-Zizic-PF

As Tatum gets better, Crowder's minutes could decrease. I think this is a better Rotation than the one without Smart.

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2017, 09:34:01 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
I can live with either Smart or Crowder going out in a deal. Bradley seems like the most valuable piece of the three for our team this year. Most polished defender and best shooter. Smart could end up being the better player down the road, but I doubt he ever becomes a player that we truly regret trading.

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2017, 09:40:01 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Big mistake, if it's true. Bradley needs to be the guy moved.

Who is going to run the 2nd unit?

Rozier. I'd like to keep Marcus too, but we have options if he has to go.

Smart does not have to go anywhere.

It really comes down to what Danny and Brad think about Marcus' progression as a player and what other teams will give back in a trade.

Smart has more value than than Crowder or Bradley.  Any team that gets his has the right to match any offer so is guaranteed 4 more years of his service.  He will be cheaper than Bradley (who can walk after 1 year) and he is more upside that Crowder.

I have a sneaky suspicion that Danny wants to move Marcus though because he doesn't want to lose Rozier.

It doesn't appear to be a choice between Rozier and the other three. Trading Rozier apparently leaves you a million short.

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2017, 09:41:44 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
im surprised. I figured it would be Crowder #1 and maybe Bradley #2

crowder because we have hayward, jaylen and tatum who all are going to need minutes. Crowder is a nice roleplayer and is on a bargain contract but we need to give minutes to jaylen and tatum. Its early, but Jaylen might be better than crowder this year..

bradley is going to get paid next year and I have a feeling the plan is for Jaylen to take that 2 guard spot.

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2017, 09:44:23 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
doesn't it seem silly to have to lose one of these guys just to pay GH the full max and not 1 million less than the full max ???
  i mean if the contract is for i don't even know but like 120 million, is making it 119 million instead really that insulting?
  wouldn't possibly GH be open to taking 1 mil less to preserve the competitive-ness of the team he's joining?

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2017, 09:48:44 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
doesn't it seem silly to have to lose one of these guys just to pay GH the full max and not 1 million less than the full max ???
  i mean if the contract is for i don't even know but like 120 million, is making it 119 million instead really that insulting?
  wouldn't possibly GH be open to taking 1 mil less to preserve the competitive-ness of the team he's joining?

Yeah I kind of wish he took a small paycut if it meant keeping all 3, but oh well...
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2017, 09:49:45 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
o no :(, not smart! Please Danny keep him!

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2017, 09:53:34 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
I think it would be more like 3M less each year of the contract.  We wouldn't have gotten him if we offered less than the full max. 

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2017, 09:54:44 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
The thing is you can't play all 3 of them along with Hayward, Brown, and Tatum there just aren't enough minutes to go around, which we've all known all year
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip