Author Topic: Draft Express going to espn  (Read 3698 times)

Re: Draft Express going to espn
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2017, 01:37:24 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Draftexpress is now dead. All their people and content are moving to ESPN domain and to be locked by ESPN insider. Hopefully the Ringer (Kevin O'Connor) or CBS Sports could take advantage of the new vacancy in draft analysis.

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2017, 01:40:53 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Awesome.  So, in all likelihood this means they're going to cut down on analysis, focus more on entertainment and social justice, and stick the interesting stuff behind a pay wall, right?
I'm not sure why you had to drag social justice into this, but sure. Not everyone can be Kirk and Callahan :D

I prefer keeping sports and politics separate, except in rare and relevant circumstances. It doesn't matter if it's Rush Limbaugh or Bomani Jones.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2017, 01:43:29 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Draftexpress is now dead. All their people and content are moving to ESPN domain and to be locked by ESPN insider. Hopefully the Ringer (Kevin O'Connor) or CBS Sports could take advantage of the new vacancy in draft analysis.

Their very useful archives will remain available.

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2017, 02:03:20 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Something that valuable shouldn't remain free forever, and it's nice to see Givony et al. get rewarded for building the best draft site out there, by far.

Shame it's going to ESPN though. They have a history of ruining things, and I've mostly been able to cut that site out of my regular visits.

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2017, 02:42:18 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Awesome.  So, in all likelihood this means they're going to cut down on analysis, focus more on entertainment and social justice, and stick the interesting stuff behind a pay wall, right?
I'm not sure why you had to drag social justice into this, but sure. Not everyone can be Kirk and Callahan :D

I prefer keeping sports and politics separate, except in rare and relevant circumstances. It doesn't matter if it's Rush Limbaugh or Bomani Jones.
I can think of a million other more important issues I have with ESPN before I get to social justice. But that's just me.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2017, 02:45:24 PM »

Offline HostAndGreetYourRoastBeef

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
ESPN is where sports analysis goes to die. They care more about talking about politics than they do sports. ESPN can never match what they had with early-mid '00's NFL Primetime.