Author Topic: If miss on Hayward, sign one year deals and give extension.  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Celtics978Fan

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 23
I'm wondering if we'd be better off making a run now by adding a couple veterans to sure up the bench.  My guess is the starting line up is going to be.

Center - Zizic
Power Forward - Horford
Small Forward - Crowder
Shooting Guard - Bradley
Point Guard - Thomas

I look at the bench and see what will probably be main guys off the bench.
Small Forward - Tatum
Small Forward/Shooting Guard - Brown
Point Guard/Shooting Guard - Smart
Point Guard - Rozier
Power Forward/Shooting Guard - Yabusele

I wonder if our best bet would be go after a couple of one year deals, and give Bradley, Smart and Thomas extensions.  Thinking with how free agents don't seem to want to come here, but we'd be better off keeping these three.  Bradley I'm sure would be looking to make between 16-20 million a year, Smart would be probably 7-11 million a year.  Thomas is where it gets tricky, some say give him max, some say let him walk, some say in between.  Personally I'm thinking you try to sign him to a team friendly deal or let him walk and go after a point guard.  If you're able to say we want to keep you all together, cause the east is weak, you could go else where and make more or win titles.  Try to keep him and Bradley at same price, while Smart is less to be our 6th man for years to come.  Also doing this we keep them as trade value goes up and don't let them work for nothing. 

Mind you the first thing I look at is we needed scoring and rebounding and interior defense.  So my wonder is where do we go if all the big guys go off the board.  So players just trying 1 year deals is where I'm looking to score. 

This is my list of players I'm looking at for 1 year deals.  I'd be looking to sign one from each to sure up the bench.  Yes, we could use more but think 1 in each would be enough. 

Centers/Power Forwards
Zach Randolph
Kelly Olynyk (might get him cheap cause how spending is going)
Alex Len
Pau Gasol
Jared Sullinger (real cheap)

Small Forward/Guards
Derrick Rose
Tyreke Evans
Tony Allen
Rudy Gay

I look at maybe doing one year deals in adding Rose and Randolph.  Rose sounds odd but I look at a one year deal could help us.  We lose a lot of scoring when Thomas is off the court, Rose can give us instant offense off the bench, plus if Thomas isn't fully ready to start the season he's a good play.  Randolph a veteran great big who would come on a one year deal, can play center or power forward.  Still great low post game, rebounding and could help us I believe a lot. 

Didn't know what people thought about doing one year deals and extensions to our core, if we miss out on Hayward?  What would you like them to do this offseason now?

Re: If miss on Hayward, sign one year deals and give extension.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 05:53:19 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Add Tony Allen to your list. One more dirt dog like Smart & Bradley would be great for this team.

Re: If miss on Hayward, sign one year deals and give extension.
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 06:27:29 PM »

Offline Celtics978Fan

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 23
I'd add Tony Allen to our roster if he'd do a one year deal.  He's someone who could easy fit, but I would worry he'd take up time from Brown and Tatum.  I look at Rose and Randolph as guys that could play position not that young at.  I know we have Rozier and Smart but Smart can be your backup guard or small forward.  Rozier I'm not a fan of personally.