Poll

Would You Want To Add Lebron After 2018?

Yes. We Can Contend For Banner 18 And More!
19 (32.2%)
No. I NEVER Want Lebron On This Team.
31 (52.5%)
Bad Poll. NO WAY He's Leaving Cleveland And/Or It's A Given He's Heading Out West
9 (15.3%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: Poll: Would You Entertain Adding Lebron In Summer Of 2018?  (Read 8151 times)

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Okay, Okay, don't beat me up for asking this. I'm bored, and I was thinking after seeing the "What's going on in Cleveland" thread.

But we heard today that Billups is no longer considering a job in Cleveland's FO, and Lebron has not been doing anything to recruit FA's.

It seems the writing is on the wall that he will leave Cleveland after next season (unless they win the Finals, which is unlikely). Kyrie would likely be gone too as a result.

Cleveland is also about to pay a monster luxury tax, and even if they move Shumpert, they can't really improve the team at all without dealing Love too, but that makes it more of a lateral move for them (so they aren't truly improving IMO). They still probably pay a luxury tax as well.

And now the West is STACKED. So Lebron might hesitate to go out West despite what we previously thought (sure, he could team up with CP3 in Houston somehow, or with PG13 in LAL, but the West is very stacked and it won't be an easy road to the Finals at all).

Meanwhile, you have to believe that this 53-win C's team which could get slightly better next season, with the addition of Lebron could steamroll through the East and have a solid chance in the Finals, even against the Warriors.

Would you actually consider it if the team keeps much of it's core, adds some top picks from next year's draft, and could make a run for it with Lebron too? Or is this absurd and should I be banished for even asking this?  :laugh:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 02:50:09 PM by Phantom255x »
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
No.  Why would you want to replace Ainge and Brad Stevens for a short-term, balding solution?  Off with your head, phantom.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
No.  Why would you want to replace Ainge and Brad Stevens for a short-term rental?  Off with your head, phantom.

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things
Lebron ain't coming here. He wants the run of wherever he plays and won't get that here.

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I think this is a legitimate question. Frankly, the way LBJ is behaving, would not be surprised to see him force a trade to another Eastern Conference team. Why not us? This off season has been so unpredictable.  LBJ knows the urgency of loading up to beat the GSW. 

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I think this is a legitimate question. Frankly, the way LBJ is behaving, would not be surprised to see him force a trade to another Eastern Conference team. Why not us? This off season has been so unpredictable.  LBJ knows the urgency of loading up to beat the GSW.

I certainly wouldn't mind especially if we still keep a good chunk of the young core.

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

I certainly wouldn't mind especially if we still keep a good chunk of the young core.

It doesn't work that way. We probably have to trade Rozier, Brown, Tatum, Yabusele, Zizic, Nets '18, Lakers '19, Clippers '19 and Memphis '19 to satisfy Lebron. We'll have to do everything in our power to get LeBron a chance to win another championship asap.

That's a mighty haul by the way. I would actually be curious what you can get for all that...

Offline Curley

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
Great poll, I often have wondered how other C's fans felt about this.  I voted no, even if it helped us raise our next banner it would be painful to have to cheer him on.  He just does not represent 'Celtic pride' to me.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I hate Lebron James and I don't think there's a chance in the world that he comes here.

That said, I love championships more than I hate Lebron James. I'd suck it up and take the 2nd greatest player in modern NBA history. Now obviously I'd rather build a contender through other means and beat him myself but you simply can't turn down Lebron James.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Hmm, would I want the best basketball player in the world to play for the team I like? Tough call.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I think turning down the greatest player of his generation and probably a top 5 player of all time seems like bad idea.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I hate Lebron James and I don't think there's a chance in the world that he comes here.

That said, I love championships more than I hate Lebron James. I'd suck it up and take the 2nd greatest player in modern NBA history. Now obviously I'd rather build a contender through other means and beat him myself but you simply can't turn down Lebron James.

Pretty much where I'm at too haha.

Especially after seeing KD lose to GSW then bolt to them...  :laugh:

Whatever means to win a championship. That's all that matter really.

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I consider LeBum a cancer.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Love chips more than I dislike LeBron. Plus, he is really really good.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I doubt he would come to Boston but I would love to have him obviously. I think Irving and Love would be a far more likely target though and both would likely be available if James leaves (and they are still in Cleveland).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip