Poll

Would You Want To Add Lebron After 2018?

Yes. We Can Contend For Banner 18 And More!
15 (41.7%)
No. I NEVER Want Lebron On This Team.
19 (52.8%)
Bad Poll. NO WAY He's Leaving Cleveland And/Or It's A Given He's Heading Out West
2 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Poll: Would You Entertain Adding Lebron In Summer Of 2018? (Yeah I'm Bored)  (Read 964 times)

Online Moranis

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 770
Yes, absolutely. I root against Lebron as hard as anybody, but you absolutely have to try and nab him if you can.

However, if we get him it'll have to be through a trade NOW rather than next summer, given that we'll have no room to add him. And I think a deal could be done.

Lebron is smart. He knows he should stay in the East, and he fills a need for us at the PF position, which I think he should primarily be playing the rest of his career.

Danny needs to talk to his people and try and get him here. I think Lebron would welcome playing here under Brad and staying in the East. And I think they'd ultimately do it, too, because does anyone here really think he's staying next summer anyways? The people that I've talked to in Cleveland all think he's already a goner.

Depends on what the trade pieces would be  ???

That's a BIG factor.
The only realistic way to match salary for James is to trade Horford.  If James agreed to come to Boston, I'd trade Horford, BKN 18, BOS 18, and LAL 18 for James and that is a pretty nice haul for Cleveland.  They could then move Horford to a 3rd team for additional assets and trade Irving and/or Love for other young players and really just start over.  I suspect the Cavs would try to dump some other salary in the trades, and I'd probably do it depending on which salary and what other piece they wanted to match salary (like James and Smith for Horford, Smart, Crowder, BKN, LAL). 

EDIT: I'd certainly want to talk to James before making the trade though.  Maybe get him to at least opt in to that final year so you have 2 years with him instead of 1 guaranteed.
Ohio State 2014/15 National Champions.

Online eja117

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1061
For the minimum.

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 200
I dunno. I guess I'd take a meeting with him if he bought lunch.

Offline jpotter33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2752
If you're Ainge,  you have to at least make a call to Cleveland. I mean, it sounds like the ship is sinking over there.

Yep, and someone as influential as Lebron would hold all of the leverage, too, and he would probably assure that the trade package wasn't overly heavy for him, which would just hurt the team he's going to.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 07:25:28 PM by jpotter33 »
Quote from:  Tyrion Lannister
It's easy to confuse what "is" with what "ought to be," especially when what "is" has always worked out in your favor.

Offline jpotter33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2752
If you're Ainge,  you have to at least make a call to Cleveland. I mean, it sounds like the ship is sinking over there.

Yep, and someone as influential as Lebron would hold all of the leverage, too, and he would probably assure that the trade package wasn't overly heavy for him, which would just hurt the team he's going to.

And apparently he has a no trade clause, too, which I did not know. So, yeah, Lebron could easily force his way to the C's for a decent price if he wanted to.
Quote from:  Tyrion Lannister
It's easy to confuse what "is" with what "ought to be," especially when what "is" has always worked out in your favor.

Offline hpantazo

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2370
Would Ainge and Stevens really want to deal with a guy who thinks he's the Head Coach, GM, and #1 player all wrapped into one?

Offline SHAQATTACK

• NCE
  • Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 1811
im down

trade Semi, IT and Nader

Thank ya Cleveland.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• NCE
  • Kevin McHale
Lebron will put NO ...ZErO superhuman enegy into Cavs this season .    He has been saving and conserving his body ...ie ....coasting for years until playoffs .

He will not expend precious muscle , joint, ligament , abuse .....till he arrives at his next team.

I think.....Lebron asks to be traded before the year is out.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• NCE
  • Kevin McHale
I bet Cavs would trade Lebron for Tatum , and couple picks ..?  ;D