Around the League > Transaction Ideas and Rumors

Poll: Would You Entertain Adding Lebron In Summer Of 2018?

(1/12) > >>

Phantom255x:
Okay, Okay, don't beat me up for asking this. I'm bored, and I was thinking after seeing the "What's going on in Cleveland" thread.

But we heard today that Billups is no longer considering a job in Cleveland's FO, and Lebron has not been doing anything to recruit FA's.

It seems the writing is on the wall that he will leave Cleveland after next season (unless they win the Finals, which is unlikely). Kyrie would likely be gone too as a result.

Cleveland is also about to pay a monster luxury tax, and even if they move Shumpert, they can't really improve the team at all without dealing Love too, but that makes it more of a lateral move for them (so they aren't truly improving IMO). They still probably pay a luxury tax as well.

And now the West is STACKED. So Lebron might hesitate to go out West despite what we previously thought (sure, he could team up with CP3 in Houston somehow, or with PG13 in LAL, but the West is very stacked and it won't be an easy road to the Finals at all).

Meanwhile, you have to believe that this 53-win C's team which could get slightly better next season, with the addition of Lebron could steamroll through the East and have a solid chance in the Finals, even against the Warriors.

Would you actually consider it if the team keeps much of it's core, adds some top picks from next year's draft, and could make a run for it with Lebron too? Or is this absurd and should I be banished for even asking this?  :laugh:

tarheelsxxiii:
No.  Why would you want to replace Ainge and Brad Stevens for a short-term, balding solution?  Off with your head, phantom.

Phantom255x:

--- Quote from: tarheelsxxiii on July 03, 2017, 01:15:43 PM ---No.  Why would you want to replace Ainge and Brad Stevens for a short-term rental?  Off with your head, phantom.

--- End quote ---

RLewis35:
Lebron ain't coming here. He wants the run of wherever he plays and won't get that here.

footey:
I think this is a legitimate question. Frankly, the way LBJ is behaving, would not be surprised to see him force a trade to another Eastern Conference team. Why not us? This off season has been so unpredictable.  LBJ knows the urgency of loading up to beat the GSW. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version