Author Topic: Regardless of Hayward: Bradley for JaMychal Green  (Read 1529 times)

Regardless of Hayward: Bradley for JaMychal Green
« on: July 03, 2017, 12:50:09 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
This one seems smart for both teams.

Sign and trade Avery Bradley for JaMychal Green.

Grizz get a defender who can play role similar to Tony Allen but who provides spacing.  Celts get an athletic inside-out 4 who can play alongside Horford and also play the 5 in small lineups.

Because let's face it: Bradley is a great team leader and hard worker but he's gone after this season regardless.  The Celts aren't paying him and IT, and they're definitely paying IT.

Bradley's minutes at the 2 can go to Smart, Rozier, and Brown.  Green picks up minutes left by Olynyk (who will probably get offers too rich to make him worth bringing back), Amir, and Jerebko.

Combine Green with Zizic and you've got a nice infusion of size and athleticism to the Celts' frontcourt.  Much needed.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Re: Regardless of Hayward: Bradley for JaMychal Green
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 12:54:55 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If we don't get Hayward then we should just sign Green. I know he's a restricted free agent but Memphis is only $13 MM short of the tax with Randolph and TA still unsigned. I think Green can be had without giving up AB.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 12:57:05 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Depends on how much dollars JaMychal Green would get. Not wild about paying him big bucks. Need to get the core in place before shelling out large chunks of cap flexibility for glue guys.

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 12:59:18 PM »

Offline Kaz

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 73
I'd love to see JaMychal Green with the Celtics, but I think someone is gonna get desperate and offer him a huge contract this summer.

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 01:01:01 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
3 year 45 million seems right

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 01:08:05 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
I'd love to see JaMychal Green with the Celtics, but I think someone is gonna get desperate and offer him a huge contract this summer.

Like ATL?

In any case, MEM has cap issues that they didn't help gambling on LarBrd33's famous "train is leaving the station" Ben McLemore. Not sure trading for Bradley helps them at all, especially when he's near UFA.

https://www.memphisflyer.com/blogs/BeyondtheArc/