Author Topic: Celtics Need To Enter The Millsap Negotiations And Show Interest...  (Read 6073 times)

Re: Celtics Need To Enter The Millsap Negotiations And Show Interest...
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2017, 01:14:23 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Cousins, Butler, George, Paul, Millsap ... all changed teams in the last year.  You can also add Griffin as a guy who was at least theoretically available, though the Celts may never have had a chance to pitch him.

Hayward is now the last hope.  If Ainge doesn't come away with a single star addition, how big of a flop does this summer start to look like?

I know, I know.  53 win team. #1 seed. Conference Finalist.  Added a top 3 pick.  At least one more lottery pick on the way, possibly two top 10 picks.

Still, why have all these assets if not to pounce on the opportunities when stars become available?  I thought that was the whole point.

The plan all along seems to have been get Hayward in free agency, then trade for another star.  Considering what some stars have gone for, who knows whom we could get for Crowder, Bradley, picks and filler.

Mike

Who all is left?

Maybe McCollum?

CJ's awesome, but his fit with IT is just as questionable as his fit with Dame. Then again, when it comes to Danny, I'll never count anything out.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Re: Celtics Need To Enter The Millsap Negotiations And Show Interest...
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2017, 01:27:27 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Cousins, Butler, George, Paul, Millsap ... all changed teams in the last year.  You can also add Griffin as a guy who was at least theoretically available, though the Celts may never have had a chance to pitch him.

Hayward is now the last hope.  If Ainge doesn't come away with a single star addition, how big of a flop does this summer start to look like?

I know, I know.  53 win team. #1 seed. Conference Finalist.  Added a top 3 pick.  At least one more lottery pick on the way, possibly two top 10 picks.

Still, why have all these assets if not to pounce on the opportunities when stars become available?  I thought that was the whole point.

The plan all along seems to have been get Hayward in free agency, then trade for another star.  Considering what some stars have gone for, who knows whom we could get for Crowder, Bradley, picks and filler.

Mike

Who all is left?

Maybe McCollum?

CJ's awesome, but his fit with IT is just as questionable as his fit with Dame. Then again, when it comes to Danny, I'll never count anything out.

I'm just having trouble coming up any other players who might theoretically be available and who are anywhere close to All-Star caliber.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain