Author Topic: Assuming we get Hayward, who is the other target for the 4 spot now?  (Read 13175 times)

Re: Assuming we get Hayward, who is the other target for the 4 spot now?
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2017, 05:59:05 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
I kind of think a Melo deal might be the best bet for us at the 4. Boston would be a contender and close enough to NY that I think Melo would actually agree to it, especially with Phil now gone.

The question is whether or not we have enough salary to send back in a trade where it would actually make sense for us. I'm not sure that we do.

I'd still love for Danny to make a big run at Porzingis, but I think that ship has sailed.

That Porzingis ship was a ghost ship that Phil Jackson left town on.... Never real...

« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2017, 06:00:54 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
Not a four but someone I think would help and we have been linked too in the past is Vucivic. Wouldn't help defensively but he has avg 10 rebs for his career. Would allow Al to play 4 at times and could be a great bench scorer. Started to expand his range last year. Would def be an upgrade over our bigs from last year and is signed for an affordable 12.5 per for the next two years.

Not sure of his availability but if he was would think he wouldn't cost any of BKN pick LAL pick Tatum or brown.

Thoughts?

I'm not sure you could play him in the playoffs. He's not that mobile and can't defend his position. He'd be a good regular season backup maybe but that seems like a lot to pay for a non starter, non defender....
I really like vucevic and think he would be a great starter for us at the 5 with Horford at the 4. And everyone thinks he is a "non defender" but that changed this year and i think he is above avg defender. Here is a good read about his defensive change. He has really worked on it last year and will continue especially in an enironment like boston. Plus he gives us a legitimate threat in the post and solves our rebounding. Just not sure if available and what to give for him

http://orlandomagicdaily.com/2016/12/06/nikola-vucevic-finding-his-defensive-fit-orlando-magic/

I think you can play him against some of the bigger low post guys in the NBA like Okafor or Monroe but who does he match up with against the CAVS or Warriors?
I think he can help against Tristan Thompson who kills us every time. As far as warriors...idk but could be advantage for us too matchup wise KD guarding horford could be diffucult plus the warriors want to play a big thats why they had zaza and mcgee. Centers are not a focal point anymore in nba but are still needed

« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2017, 06:10:03 PM »

Offline ABOS (A bit of Sanity)

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
Not a four but someone I think would help and we have been linked too in the past is Vucivic. Wouldn't help defensively but he has avg 10 rebs for his career. Would allow Al to play 4 at times and could be a great bench scorer. Started to expand his range last year. Would def be an upgrade over our bigs from last year and is signed for an affordable 12.5 per for the next two years.

Not sure of his availability but if he was would think he wouldn't cost any of BKN pick LAL pick Tatum or brown.

Thoughts?

I'm not sure you could play him in the playoffs. He's not that mobile and can't defend his position. He'd be a good regular season backup maybe but that seems like a lot to pay for a non starter, non defender....
I really like vucevic and think he would be a great starter for us at the 5 with Horford at the 4. And everyone thinks he is a "non defender" but that changed this year and i think he is above avg defender. Here is a good read about his defensive change. He has really worked on it last year and will continue especially in an enironment like boston. Plus he gives us a legitimate threat in the post and solves our rebounding. Just not sure if available and what to give for him

http://orlandomagicdaily.com/2016/12/06/nikola-vucevic-finding-his-defensive-fit-orlando-magic/

I think you can play him against some of the bigger low post guys in the NBA like Okafor or Monroe but who does he match up with against the CAVS or Warriors?
I think he can help against Tristan Thompson who kills us every time. As far as warriors...idk but could be advantage for us too matchup wise KD guarding horford could be diffucult plus the warriors want to play a big thats why they had zaza and mcgee. Centers are not a focal point anymore in nba but are still needed
It's not an ideal fit. But at this point that's not going to be available. If it helps us get to the warriors that in it's self is worth it.

You would have to think where ORL is right now some of non lottery picks would be much more valuable to a team that's in a rebuild and loss of vuc would prob help them lose some more games. With the NBA landscape that's prob what they are looking for.

« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2017, 06:19:26 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Some of this depends on how ready Zizic is. If he can give the C's 25 productive minutes a night at center, that means Horford can play some PF.

And as the league moves more and more toward small ball, there will be more and more opportunities for Brown, Crowder, Tatum, and Hayward (if he comes) to play positionless around the 2-3-4 spots.

With Gibson in Minnesota, there really isn't anyone on the FA market that I think means much for the C's and the trade market I just don't know. Could Aaron Gordon be gotten? If the Lakers are trying to clear space for next summer, does Larry Nance hold any interest?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2017, 06:28:55 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Still haven't heard any realistic and likable deals outside of something like Melo, which I'm not sure actually is realistic with as large as his salary is.

We're really going to be starting Kelly freaking Olynyk at the 4 next year, aren't we?
If we don't get Hayward, Melo and his short contract would seem to work perfectly. If we do get Hayward, it would be painful to do a Melo deal. In that case, I could live with going with a cheap 5 like Bogut.

« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2017, 06:34:24 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Still haven't heard any realistic and likable deals outside of something like Melo, which I'm not sure actually is realistic with as large as his salary is.

We're really going to be starting Kelly freaking Olynyk at the 4 next year, aren't we?
If we don't get Hayward, Melo and his short contract would seem to work perfectly. If we do get Hayward, it would be painful to do a Melo deal. In that case, I could live with going with a cheap 5 like Bogut.

Impossible to do a Melo deal if we sign Hayward (would include giving up AB, Crowder, Jaylen, Smart to math salaries, and that just isn't happening).

I would be okay with him if we do miss out on Hayward, though. The timeline would be about right with Tatum waiting in the wings and I think he would really be able to help our team. If he would essentially come 'free', then I would be happy to have him!

« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2017, 06:59:16 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Anthony Davis.
We wait for NO to implode.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2017, 07:08:31 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Wait

But see what you can get for crowder, rozier, yabu