Author Topic: Assuming we get Hayward, who is the other target for the 4 spot now?  (Read 13177 times)

Re: Assuming we get Hayward, who is the other target for the 4 spot now?
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2017, 04:04:00 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
LeMarcus Aldridge

(Bradley, Crowder, Zeller).

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2017, 04:04:28 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
LeMarcus Aldridge

Or Melo for that same package

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2017, 04:06:18 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
LeMarcus Aldridge

Or Melo for that same package
If we trade Zeller we can no longer sign Hayward. Not to mention it has already been reported that we are going to waive him.

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2017, 04:16:08 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

I 'd love us to sign JaMychal Green but he is a RFA. According to rumors he is gonna get paid close to 20 million next year. Once we sign Hayward, we 'll have no cap space available any more. How could the C's match salaries in a sign and trade for JaMychal Green?
[/quote]

That's the snag. Just saw Ibaka's contract. Yikes. If that sets the market i don't see how we get JMG for much less.

« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2017, 04:54:45 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
LeMarcus Aldridge

After his play in SA, I don't view him as highly.

« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2017, 04:56:46 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
First of all, they have to cut Zeller. And they haven't done it yet. Most see him as an albatross, but he does have ties with Stevens from Indiana which I suspect has been keeping him around.

They are quietly stocking up on 4s--Tatum, Zizic and Theis. I guess this is their answer to upgrading their rebounding and toughness up front. You can't rule out any deals-- I don't know how Aldridge fits.

I wonder if the two star addition was ever in their plans. Maybe they just wanted one star.

« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2017, 04:58:36 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
How about we send Crowder to New York for Willy Hernangomez or Kyle O'Quinn?

« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2017, 05:01:22 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
Any fans for Crowder for Faried? We lose some shooting but gain some rebounding and I'm positive Faried will be rejuvanated and highly energetic, he could become a fan favourite.

« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2017, 05:05:33 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Any fans for Crowder for Faried? We lose some shooting but gain some rebounding and I'm positive Faried will be rejuvanated and highly energetic, he could become a fan favourite.

I'd rather have Wilson Chandler who can shoot and rebounds at about the same rate as Faried but can shoot the three...

« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2017, 05:07:53 PM »

Offline ABOS (A bit of Sanity)

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
Not a four but someone I think would help and we have been linked too in the past is Vucivic. Wouldn't help defensively but he has avg 10 rebs for his career. Would allow Al to play 4 at times and could be a great bench scorer. Started to expand his range last year. Would def be an upgrade over our bigs from last year and is signed for an affordable 12.5 per for the next two years.

Not sure of his availability but if he was would think he wouldn't cost any of BKN pick LAL pick Tatum or brown.

Thoughts?

« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2017, 05:11:52 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Not a four but someone I think would help and we have been linked too in the past is Vucivic. Wouldn't help defensively but he has avg 10 rebs for his career. Would allow Al to play 4 at times and could be a great bench scorer. Started to expand his range last year. Would def be an upgrade over our bigs from last year and is signed for an affordable 12.5 per for the next two years.

Not sure of his availability but if he was would think he wouldn't cost any of BKN pick LAL pick Tatum or brown.

Thoughts?

I'm not sure you could play him in the playoffs. He's not that mobile and can't defend his position. He'd be a good regular season backup maybe but that seems like a lot to pay for a non starter, non defender....

« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2017, 05:16:51 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
First of all, they have to cut Zeller. And they haven't done it yet. Most see him as an albatross, but he does have ties with Stevens from Indiana which I suspect has been keeping him around.

They are quietly stocking up on 4s--Tatum, Zizic and Theis. I guess this is their answer to upgrading their rebounding and toughness up front. You can't rule out any deals-- I don't know how Aldridge fits.

I wonder if the two star addition was ever in their plans. Maybe they just wanted one star.

Zizic is not a 4. You mean Yabusele??

« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2017, 05:27:52 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983

Thoughts?

I'm not sure you could play him in the playoffs. He's not that mobile and can't defend his position. He'd be a good regular season backup maybe but that seems like a lot to pay for a non starter, non defender....
I really like vucevic and think he would be a great starter for us at the 5 with Horford at the 4. And everyone thinks he is a "non defender" but that changed this year and i think he is above avg defender. Here is a good read about his defensive change. He has really worked on it last year and will continue especially in an enironment like boston. Plus he gives us a legitimate threat in the post and solves our rebounding. Just not sure if available and what to give for him

http://orlandomagicdaily.com/2016/12/06/nikola-vucevic-finding-his-defensive-fit-orlando-magic/

« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2017, 05:46:01 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Thoughts?

I really like vucevic and think he would be a great starter for us at the 5 with Horford at the 4. And everyone thinks he is a "non defender" but that changed this year and i think he is above avg defender. Here is a good read about his defensive change. He has really worked on it last year and will continue especially in an enironment like boston. Plus he gives us a legitimate threat in the post and solves our rebounding. Just not sure if available and what to give for him

http://orlandomagicdaily.com/2016/12/06/nikola-vucevic-finding-his-defensive-fit-orlando-magic/

I think you can play him against some of the bigger low post guys in the NBA like Okafor or Monroe but who does he match up with against the CAVS or Warriors?

« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2017, 05:50:10 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
I kind of think a Melo deal might be the best bet for us at the 4. Boston would be a contender and close enough to NY that I think Melo would actually agree to it, especially with Phil now gone.

The question is whether or not we have enough salary to send back in a trade where it would actually make sense for us. I'm not sure that we do.

I'd still love for Danny to make a big run at Porzingis, but I think that ship has sailed.