Author Topic: Assuming we get Hayward, who is the other target for the 4 spot now?  (Read 13179 times)

Re: Assuming we get Hayward, who is the other target for the 4 spot now?
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2017, 01:35:14 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Taj Gibson for the MLE?

How much is the MLE?

$8.4 million for non-tax payers. We didn't pay any tax right? We should get that amount.

No.  We have the Room MLE, for $4.3 million.  Not getting Gibson for that.

We don't have the MLE?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2017, 01:38:55 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Sign and trade for JaMychal Green, with Avery Bradley going back to Memphis (or to a third team with a pick to Memphis).

Starting lineup of IT, Hayward, Crowder, Green, and Horford.  Bench of Smart, Brien, Tatum, Zizic.
Get a vet guard or big with the room.

They won't do that.  Randolph is a FA and they need Green too much.

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2017, 01:44:05 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Taj Gibson for the MLE?

How much is the MLE?

$8.4 million for non-tax payers. We didn't pay any tax right? We should get that amount.

Say we sign Hayward, using up all our space. We follow that up by trading Bradley for a player that puts us just over the cap. Do we then have access to the MLE, or are we stuck with the RMLE because we were once under the cap?
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2017, 01:44:34 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Sign and trade for JaMychal Green, with Avery Bradley going back to Memphis (or to a third team with a pick to Memphis).

Starting lineup of IT, Hayward, Crowder, Green, and Horford.  Bench of Smart, Brien, Tatum, Zizic.

I think Memphis needs to start considering tearing it down.

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2017, 01:46:22 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Taj Gibson for the MLE?

How much is the MLE?

Say we sign Hayward, using up all our space. We follow that up by trading Bradley for a player that puts us just over the cap. Do we then have access to the MLE, or are we stuck with the RMLE because we were once under the cap?

No.  Once you use cap space, the MLE is gone.

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2017, 01:47:00 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Taj Gibson for the MLE?

How much is the MLE?

No.  Once you use cap space, the MLE is gone.

Alright, thanks!
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2017, 02:26:03 AM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
With Griffin and George both now off the market, two of our top routes to fill the 5th starter spot are now shot. So who will we realistically target to man the 4 spot in the starting lineup?

Some possible names:

Melo

Porzingis (reports are that he's still potentially available, though his cost would still be high)

Favors

Gibson (though I'm not sure if he's a lock to stay in OKC now after the George trade)

What do you guys think? I seriously have no idea at this point, but we have to have something. I'm not fond of going small with IT, Brown, Crowder, Hayward, and Horford. That's one thing to do with George; it's a completely different thing to do with Crowder.

I think it's pretty funny that we are all sad and down because we lost out on players that we wasn't really considering. I mean after the playoffs the only player we was talking about was Hayward and we was all too excited about it. Saying that's all we needed and stuff.  Then draft time came and we linked to butler, kristaps, Griffin, and George. I admit I'm guilty of this myself.

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2017, 02:33:51 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Big 5

Zizic
 Horford
 Hayward
 Bradley
 Thomas

Most talented

Horford
 Tatum
 Hayward
 Bradley
 Thomas

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2017, 02:37:45 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
With Griffin and George both now off the market, two of our top routes to fill the 5th starter spot are now shot. So who will we realistically target to man the 4 spot in the starting lineup?

Some possible names:

Melo

Porzingis (reports are that he's still potentially available, though his cost would still be high)

Favors

Gibson (though I'm not sure if he's a lock to stay in OKC now after the George trade)

What do you guys think? I seriously have no idea at this point, but we have to have something. I'm not fond of going small with IT, Brown, Crowder, Hayward, and Horford. That's one thing to do with George; it's a completely different thing to do with Crowder.

I think it's pretty funny that we are all sad and down because we lost out on players that we wasn't really considering. I mean after the playoffs the only player we was talking about was Hayward and we was all too excited about it. Saying that's all we needed and stuff.  Then draft time came and we linked to butler, kristaps, Griffin, and George. I admit I'm guilty of this myself.

We're not even close to getting Hayward. The fact that he's considering Boston a meeting is good news though. But we are in the middle of those 3 meetings, so that's not good.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2017, 02:58:51 AM »

Offline ayer

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Im wishing Porzingis!!! I might package crowder, pick from sixers, BKN 18. :-[ :-[ :-[

« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2017, 03:06:55 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

I think Memphis needs to start considering tearing it down.

This is essentially what I'm hoping for. If we've got JMG, Crowder, and Thies to take PF minutes, and Zizic (maybe Thies?) to take some C minutes alongside Horford, that would give Brad a lot of lineup options.

By playoff time, maybe run out IT, Jaylen, Hayward, JMG, Horford. That's 5-out on offense, if Jaylen's shooting continues to develop, with two elite shot creators and a lot more punch on the boards than we're used to. Should be quite good defensively; a little better in some ways, worse in others.

I'm little worried about the second line (what else is new) with some combination of Marcus, Rozier, Jason, Crowder, Zizic, and Thiel. Maybe we can keep Gerald in the mix another year at the vet min, or maybe we can stagger IT and Hayward so we don't put too much pressure on Tatum to carry all the scoring load...

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2017, 03:19:59 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
I'd go after Patrick Patterson. Problem is, I 'm not sure whether he 'd be willing to sign for the room exception. My plan B would be Luc Mbah a Moute.

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2017, 03:20:58 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I'd go after Patrick Patterson. Problem is, I 'm not sure whether he 'd be willing to sign for the room exception. My plan B would be Luc Mbah a Moute.

Dear God please shoot me.

« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2017, 03:23:58 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Seconded

« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2017, 03:53:11 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Seconded
Thought the OP was asking for realistic targets. Can you guys think of a better way to use our room exception?

Patterson would be a great fit for the C's. Mbah a Moute not so much, but at least he is a realistic target. Porzingis is a pipe dream. Same thing goes for AD.

I 'd love us to sign JaMychal Green but he is a RFA. According to rumors he is gonna get paid close to 20 million next year. Once we sign Hayward, we 'll have no cap space available any more. How could the C's match salaries in a sign and trade for JaMychal Green?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 04:02:35 PM by Jvalin »