Author Topic: Celtics Made An Offer, And The Pacers Played Themselves..  (Read 9492 times)

Re: Celtics Made An Offer, And The Pacers Played Themselves..
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2017, 12:29:47 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Thought I read somewhere that the three firsts for George offer was only at the deadline before the draft lottery and draft day and the playoffs where George may have been a big factor for Boston. Once we got the number one pick and news continued to get thicker that George was LA bound after next year, of course that offer was off the table.

But.....this also sounds like more Bulpett stuff that Ainge leaked to him to save face, like when Bulpett was the only source for 4 first rounders for Justice Winslow. Suddenly Bulpett is the only source for 3 first rounders for George includung 2017 Brooklyn pick,

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm.

I also saw this as a possible explanation:

"There was a belief by the Cavaliers that Indiana president of basketball operations Kevin Pritchard, when it came down to pulling the trigger on a George deal, felt more comfortable shipping him to a Western Conference team rather than an East rival -- the Celtics and Cleveland both made countless inquiries -- eliminating a potential roadblock as the Pacers begin a rebuild."
What I don't understand about this theory is, if you are trading away a star and trying to bottom out to rebuild,  what does it matter where you trade the star? You are goung to suck for years. Get the best deal. Don't be worrying about where that star plays. Your team is most important, not where the traded player plays is. Stupid excuse in my opinion.

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2017, 11:08:40 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I'd rather have Oladipo and Sabonis than Crowder and some picks in the 20s.
it would have also been bradley

That's not in the reports.
the reports say another starter and we can't trade amir so that leaves thomas crowder and Horford.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2017, 11:10:07 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Woj just said it was Smart.  We conclusively gave a better deal.  Pacers fans are the maddest

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2017, 11:10:30 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'd rather have Oladipo and Sabonis than Crowder and some picks in the 20s.
it would have also been bradley

That's not in the reports.
the reports say another starter and we can't trade amir so that leaves thomas crowder and Horford.

Woj is saying Smart. And that the Celts wanted to wait, so Indy moved on.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2017, 11:16:23 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Thought I read somewhere that the three firsts for George offer was only at the deadline before the draft lottery and draft day and the playoffs where George may have been a big factor for Boston. Once we got the number one pick and news continued to get thicker that George was LA bound after next year, of course that offer was off the table.

But.....this also sounds like more Bulpett stuff that Ainge leaked to him to save face, like when Bulpett was the only source for 4 first rounders for Justice Winslow. Suddenly Bulpett is the only source for 3 first rounders for George includung 2017 Brooklyn pick,

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm.

I also saw this as a possible explanation:

"There was a belief by the Cavaliers that Indiana president of basketball operations Kevin Pritchard, when it came down to pulling the trigger on a George deal, felt more comfortable shipping him to a Western Conference team rather than an East rival -- the Celtics and Cleveland both made countless inquiries -- eliminating a potential roadblock as the Pacers begin a rebuild."
What I don't understand about this theory is, if you are trading away a star and trying to bottom out to rebuild,  what does it matter where you trade the star? You are goung to suck for years. Get the best deal. Don't be worrying about where that star plays. Your team is most important, not where the traded player plays is. Stupid excuse in my opinion.

Agreed. Plus you get to play the East team more than the West team. Don't you want more guaranteed losses, of you are rebuilding?
Celtics fan for life.