Author Topic: Idea - If we miss on Hayward and George, what do you want us to do?  (Read 2058 times)

Offline Celtics978Fan

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 23
I'm interested in what people think we should do if we don't get Hayward in free agency and George in the trade.

I know some people want to go after a Blake Griffin, but his injury history is scary to me.  I've heard Paul Millsap, which personally think would be redundant since we have Al Horford.  I know on the board someone posted DeAndre Jordan, which I think would be a good idea.

My preference would be getting DeAndre Jordan because I think the Los Angeles Clippers are trying to clear salary to go out there next year all the major free agents. DeAndre Jordan is signed this year and as a player option next year which would most likely not pick up.  Since he'd want a long term deal.  I'm thinking we'd be able to trade for Jordan with Zeller, Rozier, Mickey, and I'd say the Boston's 2018 and maybe 2019 1st.  Jordan gives us a boost in the defense and rebounding department, plus in the 4th Horford slides to the Center and can play smaller. 

This also gives us ability if we want to resign Bradley this year even Smart. We keep building through the draft with Brooklyn and Los Angeles picks.  Jordan would come off the books so could sign a free agent next year, at that point could sign Thomas next year under bird rights, to go over salary. 

Interested in what fans would like to see happen if Hayward, and George doesn't happen?

Re: Idea - If we miss on Hayward and George, what do you want us to do?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 06:46:02 PM »

Offline fubar089

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
Play the kids and trade off the likes of Crowder-Bradley.

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 06:46:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

you read my mind ...TP

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 08:12:10 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I would go after Blake. I think he's a nice fit next to Horford, adds a lot to our offense.

Failing that then we can renegotiate Isaiah to the 0-6 year max, which I think he would agree to. This would make keeping this core together much easier in the long run and allow an easier transition to the Brown-Tatum era

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 08:29:10 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Zinger and Melo.

Swallowing Melo's contract would  give us a chance of getting the Zinger.

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 08:35:45 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Get James Johnson

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 08:39:05 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
no brainer, go after Blake Griffin. Yes, the injuries might scare some away, but its a gamble that hell stay reasonably healthy. When healthy, he's dynamic.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 08:40:53 PM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
I'd like to renegotiate and extend IT and Bradley especially if that would lead to them taking discounts. I think we'd also have to re-sign/match an offer Kelly so we wouldn't lose him for nothing.

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 08:49:08 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Zinger and Melo.

I doubt it.  Whoever the Knicks hire is going to want to build around Porzingis.

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2017, 08:50:44 PM »

Offline Celtics978Fan

• Joe Mazzulla

See I like Brown and Tatum, but I rather sign our guards like Bradley, Smart, maybe Thomas for like 3 year deals with player options.  That way see what they give and we could trade then after this season and next.  Just my right but I do want to see the young kids play.

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2017, 09:10:43 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Otto Porter.  I'm skeptical of reports that they would match a max offer.  Even if they did, I think they would then jettison Morris or Gortat to avoid the luxury tax.  Either way, the contract offer would make a rival worse.

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2017, 09:13:16 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Otto Porter.  I'm skeptical of reports that they would match a max offer.  Even if they did, I think they would then jettison Morris or Gortat to avoid the luxury tax.  Either way, the contract offer would make a rival worse.

TP. 

Like the idea of forcing them to pay for him. 

Much easier for us to afford him, and he's an upgrade over Jae

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2017, 09:21:07 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
Zinger and Melo.

No way NY is getting rid of Zinger now. Their main interest should be keeping him happy by adding a couple pieces around him. Eventually Carmelo will roll off the books...

Griffin, JJ Reddick, and/or Jamychal Green interest me.

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2017, 09:32:07 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
My preference would be getting DeAndre Jordan because I think the Los Angeles Clippers are trying to clear salary to go out there next year all the major free agents

It won't be Ainge's preference.   He likes skilled bigs not guy who can only dunk lobs.

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2017, 05:48:46 PM »

Offline Celtics978Fan

• Joe Mazzulla
With George off the table, I'm thinking Hayward might be not coming as well.  So this is where Plan B I think comes in the play, I know Gallinari has been rumored. I'd be willing to go on a one-year deal with him or 2-year with the second year being team option. I know JJ Redick got signed by the 76ers on a one-year deal. So maybe we could get Gallinari to come in on a deal similar. Then I think we go after a veteran big like Zach Randolph. Someone that could do the rebounding an interior scoring. If we wanted to go younger, maybe call it the 76ers. See if we offer them Zellers contract and our 2018 1st for Okafor.  Yeah he's not the traditional big we'd like but he's young and could learn from Horford.  Okafor and Zizic could be interesting bigs to have going in the future. 

I'd personally go after Gallinari on a 2 year deal with second being team.  Then make the trade for Okafor.  This gives us some more scoring and keeps us young.  The east is really weak right now so we're going to contend no matter what we do it seems.  Plus letting us sign our own players to extensions since it's seeming harder to get players to come to Boston.