Author Topic: Knicks/Cavs - Anthony trade idea  (Read 1346 times)

Knicks/Cavs - Anthony trade idea
« on: June 30, 2017, 04:33:29 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
Let's say the Knicks don't buy him out but Anthony agrees to waive the no trade to CLE.  Trying to come up with a trade that makes sense, I came up with the following. 

Cleveland - Anthony, Noah, O'Quinn
New York - Thompson, Smith, Shumpert, Frye

So the Knicks get to wash their hands of Anthony, unload Noah, and end up with Thompson (who should work well with the Zinger) and some usable veteran guards in Smith and Shumpert (who make less than Noah and O'Quinn).

The Cavs lose Thompson but pick up Anthony, O'Quinn, and whatever they get from Noah.  They get to keep Love so they definitely have the offensive fire power to match the Warriors, though this trade would allow them to look at moving Love for a better defender who costs less(maybe they can revisit Phoenix if they strike out in free agency - maybe Bledsoe and Warren for Love). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Knicks/Cavs - Anthony trade idea
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 04:53:00 PM »

Offline CapnDunks

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
Post Deleted.

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 05:01:40 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I could care less who CLE signs.   I hope they try to get Melo, they deserve that.  They really don't have any tradeable assets that folks would want that are not part of their core.

They lose Thompson, they lose their center.  This Trade makes CLE much worse so I like it of course, but I doubt that was your intention.

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 05:09:15 PM »

Online hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I could care less who CLE signs.   I hope they try to get Melo, they deserve that.  They really don't have any tradeable assets that folks would want that are not part of their core.

They lose Thompson, they lose their center.  This Trade makes CLE much worse so I like it of course, but I doubt that was your intention.

I couldn't care less.