Author Topic: Consider IT Plus BKN 2018 for Westbrook?  (Read 2049 times)

Consider IT Plus BKN 2018 for Westbrook?
« on: June 30, 2017, 07:50:00 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Trade idea. (Saw this in Boston.com. I am elaborating on the idea)

Let's say we sign Hayward, but George talks stall.

Sam Presti likewise has to worry what Westbrook will do when he becomes a FA after this coming season.

Russell Westbrook, more than anything in the world, wants to beat Kevin Durant and the GSW.

I love IT, but Westbrook would be a huge upgrade, especially on the defensive end.

Would OKC consider trading Westbrook to Boston for IT, Brooklyn 2018 (unprotected) and Crowder, plus necessary salary matches?  Let's say Russell pulls a PG and says he is not going to re-sign in OKC.

Does Danny take that risk?  Probably not without Westbrook agreeing to an extension.

Something to think about.

Re: Consider IT Plus BKN 2018 for Westbrook?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 07:57:42 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Most selfish player in the league, no thanks..

He would destroy the sense of team Stevens has built.

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 08:34:40 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'd do it, but rumor is Westbrook is going to sign the designated player extension this summer. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 08:55:51 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Sold. I'd happily do that deal.

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 09:07:51 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Yes, absolutely you do this deal.
- LilRip

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 09:14:18 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
No. Westbrook is the type that never wins a chip unless in a later stage of his career, backup role/6th man role. I want Celts to win it before that. WB will build a statue for himself in OKC, as leaving for superteam would differ from his so far consistent "stuborn" mindset.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 09:19:54 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 09:46:10 AM »

Offline Celtics978Fan

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 23
You make this deal in a heart beat.  Plus this deal would give you the chance to resign Bradley with bird rights to him. 

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 09:55:05 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
People would trade the Brooklyn pick, unprotected, for a guy with one year left on his deal.......

Some people are just desperate for a change, whether or not that change makes any sense at all.

Even if you ignore Westbrook's reputation as a locker room pariah, this is just awful. You give up a star and a potential elite prospect, for a guy who can walk away in one year. Bizarre. No GM in their right mind would take that risk.

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 11:25:50 AM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 5

Sam Presti likewise has to worry what Westbrook will do when he becomes a FA after this coming season.

Russell Westbrook, more than anything in the world, wants to beat Kevin Durant and the GSW.

I love IT, but Westbrook would be a huge upgrade, especially on the defensive end.

Would OKC consider trading Westbrook to Boston for IT, Brooklyn 2018 (unprotected) and Crowder, plus necessary salary matches?  Let's say Russell pulls a PG and says he is not going to re-sign in OKC.

Does Danny take that risk?  Probably not without Westbrook agreeing to an extension.

I don't see how he's a better defender than Isaiah nor better scorer or passer. With his usage rate and the amount of shots he take Isaiah would easily lead the league in scoring and assist and if we were to allow the big to box out for him, he can Even pull out a triple double season. So no besides a few inches and his ability to dunk, I don't think he's better than Isaiah. Keep this Nets pick people

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2017, 11:44:02 AM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

I don't see how he's a better defender than Isaiah nor better scorer or passer. With his usage rate and the amount of shots he take Isaiah would easily lead the league in scoring and assist and if we were to allow the big to box out for him, he can Even pull out a triple double season. So no besides a few inches and his ability to dunk, I don't think he's better than Isaiah. Keep this Nets pick people

IT4 is better than Westbrook?  Those must be some greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen goggles. 

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2017, 11:58:52 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
People would trade the Brooklyn pick, unprotected, for a guy with one year left on his deal.......

Some people are just desperate for a change, whether or not that change makes any sense at all.

Even if you ignore Westbrook's reputation as a locker room pariah, this is just awful. You give up a star and a potential elite prospect, for a guy who can walk away in one year. Bizarre. No GM in their right mind would take that risk.

Re-read what I proposed. It assumes we would have extended Westbrook.

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2017, 12:07:57 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

IT4 is better than Westbrook?  Those must be some greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen goggles.
westbrook is stupidly overrated. He doesn't do Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. on defense, destroys offensive rythym and is an inefficient scorer. He's rebounding isn't that valuable and his passing is misleading because his ball-dominant selfish play style doesn't make anyone around him actually better.

He's more valuable that isaiah but I don't think he's substantially better than isaiah.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2017, 12:11:47 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
All day, if we get him to resign somehow. He's a top 5 player in the NBA. He might be the most competitive player in the league. This can't be overrated in my eyes.