Author Topic: Give me a trade Idea that lands Wiggins in Boston, and helps Wolves  (Read 3747 times)

Re: Give me a trade Idea that lands Wiggins in Boston, and helps Wolves
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2017, 09:19:02 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Smart, Rozier, AB, Crowder + Meph pick for Wiggins, Patton and Rubio.

Thibs gets more defenders and moves Rubio.
Wolves
Smart/Rozier
Butler/AB
Crowder
Towns/Oliver
Dieng/Cole
Thats an excellent team and they make the playoffs. Maybe they get to conference finals.

C's
IT/Rubio/Allen
Brown/Bird
Wiggins/Nader/Semi
Tatum/ Theis/ Yab
Horford/Zizic/Patton

Don't think it would move team towards winning now but trade would secure another young elite talent and add some Point Guard insurance.

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2017, 01:49:44 PM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 111

I know he's overrated plays little defense but he's 21 years old he's six foot eight he scores 23 points a game he's a freak athlete I think Stevens could work with him. Tell me you wouldn't do this Jay Crowder, Jaylen Brown, Terry Rozier for Wiggins

I would not do that.

What the hell happened with Wiggins, anyway? He was supposed to have stopper potential as an individual defender, but up to this point he's been awful. On the other hand going into the draft his scoring potential was suspect!

Crowder by himself is miles ahead of Wiggins, on both sides of the ball - though as you point out, he's still very young.

We have seen the best of Crowder, offensively, I'm not impressed. Wiggins can already do much more than Jae on offense, and Wiggins is so young.

Crowder >>> Wiggins on a good team.

Crowder is the perfect role player to pair with stars. 3+D, provides grit, makes the extra pass, just a reliable guy. Wiggins is the anti-role player. He scores but does nothing else. He's an AWFUL defender. That's valuable if you're a bad offensive team and you can make Wiggins your #1 option, but it's useless if you're a good offensive team and he's your #3 or #4 option. Now you're eating 100% of his awful defense + rebounding + passing but only getting 50% of his volume scoring.

Wiggins hurts your team offense.  He's a high-usage player who doesn't make plays; he's a "black hole", in other words. You can rest assured, I think, that he won't be joining the Boston Celtics as long as Danny Ainge is there.

Crowder is an ultra-low usage player who also happens to be one of the top shooters in the league, judging by how many of his shots actually go in (there are other possible measures of good shooting, of course).

You said well: Jae is "the perfect role player to pair with stars".

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2017, 05:11:56 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Well my trade idea went out the window Jazz traded for Rubio