Author Topic: Blazer's Edge Offers A Three Team Trade Idea, And It's Really Good!  (Read 4551 times)

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
This was written by one of their readers in a FanPost.

Here's the link: https://www.blazersedge.com/2017/6/29/15891656/2017-nba-free-agency-trade-rumors-trail-blazers-celtics-pacers-paul-george-crowder

Celtics get: Paul George

Blazers get: Jae Crowder, Tyler Zeller (last year of his contract)

Pacers get: Avery Bradley, either Al Farouq Aminu or Moe Harkless, Ed Davis (last year of his contract), Portland's 2018 1st round pick (top 10 protected), Lakers 2018 first round pick (from Boston)

Of course, it depends on whether Ainge is comfortable giving away AB, Crowder, and 2018 LAL Pick for a RENTAL, and would Indiana also want back Crowder too, or would they be willing to compromise?

What do you guys think? This is actually pretty realistic, and well done. Maybe small tweaks could be made, that's it (shouldn't be too big of a deal though if it came to that).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Here's the link: https://www.blazersedge.com/2017/6/29/15891656/2017-nba-free-agency-trade-rumors-trail-blazers-celtics-pacers-paul-george-crowder

Pacers get: Avery Bradley, either Al Farouq Aminu or Moe Harkless, Ed Davis (last year of his contract), Portland's 2018 1st round pick (top 10 protected), Lakers 2018 first round pick (from Boston)

Of course, it depends on whether Ainge is comfortable giving away AB, Crowder, and 2018 LAL Pick for a RENTAL, and would Indiana also want back Crowder too, or would they be willing to compromise?

What do you guys think? This is actually pretty realistic, and well done. Maybe small tweaks could be made, that's it (shouldn't be too big of a deal though if it came to that).
For the Celtics, not bad but I'd rather offer two of the BOS/MEM/LAC picks than that one LAL/SAC pick that might be very good.

Otherwise, not bad.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
I like it because we get George, but also send out close to 23 million and only take George's 19.5 million.
For Indiana, Davis and Bradley would expire after next season. If they like Harkless then they may pull the trigger but he does have a length y pricey contract
Portland just wants to cut as much salary as possible, so of course they would do it.

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Tough to give up Lakers pick for George...

Try to offer Clippers/Boston or Grizzlies instead.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Yeah, I think Indiana wants an "extra piece" here, preferably a player under control for some years (since AB and others are mostly expiring deals).

Still think it's a fairly good "blueprint" idea though.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
So the Blazers get to dump a contract, saving them about $35 million in luxury tax (not a typo) while getting Crowder, all for the price of mid-1st round pick?  Yes, this idea clearly came from a Blazers fan site.

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I have said it in other threads, but if we are giving up the LAL/Sac pick, then I want the asset we get back for AB (or Crowder in this case) from the third team.

The above trade still works, but we should receiving George and the top 10 protected Portland pick.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Problem is we need to shed Zeller's salary to afford cap space to sign Hayward first. So trade can't happen with his salary in it.

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Problem is we need to shed Zeller's salary to afford cap space to sign Hayward first. So trade can't happen with his salary in it.

I saw that, but I don't think it really makes a difference. We are already sending out enough salary in AB/Crowder; Blazers don't need the incoming salary.

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

That's not an actual problem, because the Blazers fanboy doesn't know that we don't need Zeller's contract to make it work in the first place.

Re: Blazer's Edge Offers A Three Team Trade Idea, And It's Really Good!
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2017, 07:05:01 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

That is a horrendous deal for the Celtics.  There is no way Bradley, Crowder, and the LA 2018 pick are going out for George.

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2017, 07:15:22 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Tough to give up Lakers pick for George...

Try to offer Clippers/Boston or Grizzlies instead.
Especially for a rental. There is no way we can take his word on resigning with us and there is nothing that stops him from being an oath-breaker.

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2017, 07:21:48 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
without a commitment from George, I would do:

Jae Crowder
whatever we could fetch for Avery Bradley
Terry Rozier
Clippers pick
Grizzlies pick
Celtics pick 2018

That is beyond fair for a rental.

Avery Bradley is a perfect fit defending point guards in Milwaukee.  I am sure that Indiana would like their recent draft picks (Rashad Vaugn & DJ Wilson).

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2017, 07:25:20 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Blazers have no reason to be involved in helping another team get george

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2017, 07:26:58 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

That is a horrendous deal for the Celtics.  There is no way Bradley, Crowder, and the LA 2018 pick are going out for George.

I mean, that's almost certainly the minimum going out for George in a deal.