Author Topic: If Hayward takes his talents to South Beach...  (Read 1732 times)

If Hayward takes his talents to South Beach...
« on: June 29, 2017, 05:15:22 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Suppose we don't get Hayward. I just can't get excited about a max contract for Blake because of his injury history.

Play out a possible upgrade by getting a lesser FA like JaMychal Green and trading for PG13.  George becomes our second top-flight scorer, taking pressure off IT, and plays defense against LBJ as well as anyone. JMG is an upgrade over Amir as an active rebounder who also shot 37% from 3 - giving us a true 5-out starting lineup. Let's stay optimistic, but reasonable. IT regains his king of the fourth form by playoff time. Jaylen takes a nice step forward in his second year, playing better team defense, tightening his handle, hitting more of those midrange Js that nobody can block. Tatum and Zizic do useful things on the second unit.

That should be a better team, but I'm thinking its ceiling might be taking the Cavs to six. And then PG probably bolts...

If that's right, ugh, maybe we wait another year for fireworks.

Re: If Hayward takes his talents to South Beach...
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 05:22:24 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
No PG or Hayward?  I'll keep KO, trade later picks and filler (Smart/Crowder) for Melo, and be glad the young guys get experience on a winner playing in the playoffs like Rozier and Brown did for the first time this year. That experience matters.

Rozier, Brown, Olynyk, and the rook ain't a bad bench. I'd roll with it. IT, AB, Melo, Horford, and the best bench guy start. We would have a punchers chance.

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 05:25:09 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
No PG or Hayward?  I'll keep KO, trade later picks and filler (Smart/Crowder) for Melo, and be glad the young guys get experience on a winner playing in the playoffs like Rozier and Brown did for the first time this year. That experience matters.

Rozier, Brown, Olynyk, and the rook ain't a bad bench. I'd roll with it. IT, AB, Melo, Horford, and the best bench guy start. We would have a punchers chance.

Melo?? Did you really just say.. trade that for Melo??

Melo also has a 15% trade kicker. Keep that in mind. He will cost the team 30-31M/Year the next few years. Plays ZERO defense too and I'm starting to think his attitude is a problem on teams (not his fault the Knicks were dysfunctional last year - that was mostly Phil), but Melo doesn't look like he cares anymore.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 05:32:18 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

The Knicks were basically begging for a first round pick... No thank you lol
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 05:33:49 PM »

Offline CapnDunks

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
Melo isn't worth Crowder and Smart.

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 05:39:51 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
If Hayward not available you have to take your shot with Griffin, probably the better fit anyway. Will see more growth from Brown and Tatum that way. The more early minutes they get, the sooner they mature.

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 05:49:38 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
If Hayward not available you have to take your shot with Griffin, probably the better fit anyway. Will see more growth from Brown and Tatum that way. The more early minutes they get, the sooner they mature.

Yeah I'd go this route.  Still try to trade for Paul George.  Start JB at the 2 and then pick Ayton next year.

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 05:57:39 PM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
Why do they have to give out a max contract out? Signing Griffin will diminish the chances of resigning Thomas and Bradley.
I am not saying not to give a max contract out, however a max contract to an injury prone Griffin could mess up what the Celtics have going . Especially if Indiana doesn't budge on their asking price for George