Author Topic: Pump the brakes on Paul George  (Read 5586 times)

Re: Pump the brakes on Paul George
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2017, 01:41:56 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Uh, yeah, that's pretty unrealistic, and that's most likely posturing and the starting offer. That was pretty much the price at the deadline before all of this went down.

Outside of the Lakers, no team can even come close to the package of AB, Jae, and the LA pick, and even LA is not going to beat that offer without adding Ingram or Ball, which they seem certain to hold onto.

So, yeah, Danny certainly isn't budging on that, because there's no way that's realistic in any sense with the potential of him leaving. I would probably add one or both of the Memphis or LA picks for him, but certainly not the other Brooklyn pick, Tatum, or Brown. Those three are completely off the table.

can t have Smart .....he is Shaqs untouchable .... ;D

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2017, 01:42:37 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
I told a friend about this rumor. Our reaction together:

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2017, 01:46:42 PM »

Offline emajic1

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 12
apologies if this has been covered ad nauseam in George threads, but is there any way to get George/Hayward and keep Avery Bradley?  I value AB very highly, and think Ainge and CBS do as well. 

I am a proponent of letting Crowder go immediately, his head got bigger and his game smaller this past year.  Grateful that the contract he's signed for maintains some trade value.  This is the 'sell high' moment for Ainge, and I don't think the 2016-17 version of Jae is crucial to the Celtics culture.     

if so, and Ainge pulls it off, is it as simple then, of letting them (AB/IT) play the year and deciding on keeping 1 of them next summer? 

Crowder/Memphis 2019 1st/Boston2019 1st,  and would offer Rozier as a sweetener if necc. 

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2017, 01:51:13 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
What team could beat Crowder/Bradley LAL 2018?

Cleveland could do a 3 team trade and move Love but it doesnt look like they will do that.
LALakers wont trade Ingram for George...
Houston has nothing even remotely close to the C's offer.
Spurs? Same thing.

Only other team with a realistic shot would be Cleveland if they moved Kyrie or Love

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2017, 01:54:23 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
apologies if this has been covered ad nauseam in George threads, but is there any way to get George/Hayward and keep Avery Bradley?  I value AB very highly, and think Ainge and CBS do as well. 

I am a proponent of letting Crowder go immediately, his head got bigger and his game smaller this past year.  Grateful that the contract he's signed for maintains some trade value.  This is the 'sell high' moment for Ainge, and I don't think the 2016-17 version of Jae is crucial to the Celtics culture.     

if so, and Ainge pulls it off, is it as simple then, of letting them (AB/IT) play the year and deciding on keeping 1 of them next summer? 

Crowder/Memphis 2019 1st/Boston2019 1st,  and would offer Rozier as a sweetener if necc. 

The short answer is, 'no,' but there is a possibility that allows this to happen. See below chart from Big Green Ticket posted on one of the front page articles:

https://i.redd.it/oxm3rnbjkf5z.png

Basically, we would need to trade Crowder and Smart for future picks, then sign Hayward, and then sign and trade KO plus picks for George. If Indy has no interest in KO and/or has a real vested interest in Crowder, then it is a no-go.

But this is really the only way.

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2017, 02:19:47 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468

The short answer is, 'no,' but there is a possibility that allows this to happen. See below chart from Big Green Ticket posted on one of the front page articles:

Basically, we would need to trade Crowder and Smart for future picks, then sign Hayward, and then sign and trade KO plus picks for George. If Indy has no interest in KO and/or has a real vested interest in Crowder, then it is a no-go.

This is quite doable but there is no way the C's can afford Bradley and IT next year so unfortunately Bradley has to go or he walks for nothing.  If they resign Bradley then IT walks for nothing.  The Luxury Tax is way too high. 

There will be a lot of moving parts and you know Ainge will maximize on each trade getting full value and squeezing assets out of guys who would normally be released.  Someone may even want Zeller for a cheap 8m sending a future 2nd or player that would be sent to Indy.  Danny will come up with something creative.

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2017, 02:59:59 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
The Nix wanted almost this package for Zingah and the guy is signed on a cheap deal.

I agree with posts here that this is a starting point. Nobody is going to pass away if George goes elsewhere. If you fall in love with the player then, you will lose the deal that's why the Celtics roster next season doesn't look like this.

Rondo
Butler
Crowdah
Cousins
Gortat

I chose this bunch of popular CB pix over the last year.

Ainge seems to want...for one year anyway>

Thomas
Hayward
George
Horford
Zach

Who wins in a best of seven here? Got some major offense on Ainge's team and Boogie will just get thrown out in the second quarter anyway.

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2017, 03:01:18 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141

Cleveland could do a 3 team trade and move Love but it doesnt look like they will do that.
Spurs? Same thing.

Only other team with a realistic shot would be Cleveland if they moved Kyrie or Love

The answer may be Pritchard doesn't know what he is doing. Green GM. No pun intended. I hope Bird gets into this to get him back to earth. One pick and Bradley/Crowder is a great haul for George--a guy the Pacers are losing anyways.

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2017, 03:02:54 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141

The answer is no. And they better cut Zeller by 7/2 or they'll get nobody.

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2017, 03:04:57 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

Spurs? Same thing.

The answer may be Pritchard doesn't know what he is doing. Green GM. No pun intended. I hope Bird gets into this to get him back to earth. One pick and Bradley/Crowder is a great haul for George--a guy the Pacers are losing anyways.

The answer is he's trying to make the best deal for the Pacers.  He should be asking for the best package he can and then settle for something less.  He's trying to get a bidding war going.  He knows the Celtics have the most to offer so he's trying to get them to up their offer.  That's what he should do.  Now we won't pay it but he's hoping we will pay more than what we want. 

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2017, 04:37:17 PM »

Offline emajic1

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 12

Thank you for the response! 

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2017, 05:02:40 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
So he can have the starting wings of the EC 1 seed and the LA pick as a compromise.  Done deal

Jae Crowder and Avery Bradley have far more value to a good team trying to round out their starting 5 to contend than they do to a team like Indy that will in all likelihood be a Russian Tank next season.