Poll

Be Honest. Where Do You Think Hayward Goes In Free Agency?

Stays With Utah
25 (25.3%)
Goes To Miami
3 (3%)
Goes To Boston
70 (70.7%)
Goes To Another Team (Surprisingly)
1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Author Topic: Gordon Hayward To Meet With Jazz, Heat, And Celtics In Coming Week  (Read 37766 times)

Re: Gordon Hayward To Meet With Jazz, Heat, And Celtics In Coming Week
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2017, 10:57:46 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
You know what, I actually would be shocked if he stayed in Utah.

Name me another time when a free agent chose the worse of the teams for the same amount of money.

Utah can pay him more money, so I don't think the comparison is correct.

« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2017, 11:03:03 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
*SNEAK PEEK OF JULY 4TH*

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2017, 11:04:08 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Boston getting the last meeting

« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2017, 11:05:33 PM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865671211/Rock-On-Hayward-takes-a-swing-at-Brady.html

Utah Jazz content provider Hayley Byrnes put players on the spot last week with the question: “Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady?”

Like cheese or chocolate, there’s no wrong choice.

Most went with Brady, but Gordon Hayward said because he’s a Colts fan, he prefers Rodgers.

“Can’t stand Tom Brady,” he said.

No truth to the rumor Brady immediately called for a ring count.

NEVER MIND. WE DON'T NEED OR WANT HIM  >:(

I always thought Hayward was overrated...but he goes up several notches in my mind for hating Tom Brady. I am fine rooting for a quick signing with the C's once FA starts.

« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2017, 11:08:06 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah, just saw. TP.

Kaufman reporting from an ESPN source that the C's will get the LAST meeting with Hayward.

https://twitter.com/AdamMKaufman/status/880258404337537024

:o

« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2017, 11:09:23 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Yeah, just saw. TP.

Kaufman reporting from an ESPN source that the C's will get the LAST meeting with Hayward.

Getting the last meeting is important IMO. Heat to me are just another hat on the table

« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2017, 11:10:57 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Yeah, just saw. TP.

Any news on Crowder being part of the posse meeting with Hayward to recruit him, and if he'll be showing strategies on how the Celtics would beat Utah, Miami, Cleveland, and Golden State?

« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2017, 11:13:11 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah, just saw. TP.

Any news on Crowder being part of the posse meeting with Hayward to recruit him, and if he'll be showing strategies on how the Celtics would beat Utah, Miami, Cleveland, and Golden State?

Negative.

But I expect PP34, KG, Ortiz, Chara, IT, Horford, Smart, Bill Russell, Brown, Tatum to ALL be in the meeting, along with Brad Stevens, Wyc and Ainge of course.  ;D 8)

JUST DON'T BRING KELLY OLYNYK. Cost us Kevin Love a few years ago and is probably the reason we didn't get Durant last year.

Also not having David Ortiz at the Durant meeting probably hurt us too. Lesson Learned!

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2017, 11:17:17 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

Yeah, just saw. TP.

Again, this seems very strange to me. I mean, it seems like Hayward is making it as easy as possible for Boston to lure him here.

At this point, I also would be shocked if Hayward doesn't become a Celtic. There just seems to be too many factors against him staying in Utah, specifically the West, and NOT signing here. It also wouldn't surprise me if Hayward and George have already been in contact and discussed them playing together on the C's.

Then again, I was absolutely certain that Durant wasn't going to GS last year, so I guess anything is possible.

« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2017, 11:21:01 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah, just saw. TP.

Again, this seems very strange to me. I mean, it seems like Hayward is making it as easy as possible for Boston to lure him here.

At this point, I also would be shocked if Hayward doesn't become a Celtic. There just seems to be too many factors against him staying in Utah, specifically the West, and NOT signing here. It also wouldn't surprise me if Hayward and George have already been in contact and discussed them playing together on the C's.

Then again, I was absolutely certain that Durant wasn't going to GS last year, so I guess anything is possible.

Here's the plan. BRING KEVIN GARNETT TO THE MEETING.

So when Hayward asks, "but can we beat Cleveland? Golden State? Can we win the Finals?", KG can just respond:

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Now if Hayward brings his kids and wife along, maybe they might get frightened, but that's only a minor issue. I'm sure Hayward would feel pumped up  ;)

« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2017, 11:25:31 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Bring:

Danny, Wyc and Brad.

Horford--Can tell Hayward what it is like to be a FA coming into Boston and how the city embraced him.

IT--can say how his game has grown under Brad and in the Cs organization

Paul Pierce--Go over the Big 3 and how this reminds him of this

Ortiz--Would be epic

« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2017, 11:26:00 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

Yeah, just saw. TP.

Here's the plan. BRING KEVIN GARNETT TO THE MEETING.

So when Hayward asks, "but can we beat Cleveland? Golden State? Can we win the Finals?", KG can just respond:

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Now if Hayward brings his kids and wife along, maybe they might get frightened, but that's only a minor issue. I'm sure Hayward would feel pumped up  ;)

Also, show him this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GRFYDWsI9U

He will be convinced of the Celtics culture. He will know what TRUE loyalty is.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2017, 11:30:12 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Bring:

Danny, Wyc and Brad.

Horford--Can tell Hayward what it is like to be a FA coming into Boston and how the city embraced him.

IT--can say how his game has grown under Brad and in the Cs organization

Paul Pierce--Go over the Big 3 and how this reminds him of this

Ortiz--Would be epic

And KG, Bill Russell, Brady, Chara, Smart, Brown, Tatum...  :laugh:

« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2017, 11:39:52 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
Hayward, Hayward, Hayward!!!!!

I know I am in the minority but I don't think Hayward at $29M (I think that is about the starting money) is a good deal.  We are not getting enough talent for the money (especially when you consider the amount of talent we are getting for Horford and his max contract) to be able to have a good enough team.

Think about if Golden State was paying Clay Thompson $29M instead of about $17.8M (yes, I am saying I don't think Hayward is any better than Clay Thompson).  They would not have enough money left to pay other players and they would not beat Cleveland.  Durant and Curry are already there at a discount.

So maybe, maybe, if we totally gut the team of all depth, we can run a team of Thomas, Hayward, George, Horford for one season.  With what the balance of that roster will look like, I don't know, we might get by Cleveland.  It will be a good team for sure but unless we go super deep into luxury tax, no way we can sign IT and George is only 50/50 at best so after one year, where are we? We are back in the pack with our max players being Hayward and Horford.

My plan would be sign Griffin (hopefully for less than max), trade for George if we can, make our one year run with our sort of super team but then after we lose IT to FA and probably lose George to Cleveland or LA, trade Horford for younger players and concede to rebuilding around Griffin with our young studs we have and will draft.   I don't think we need Hayward.  Let someone else overpay him. 

I would rather take my chances overpaying Griffin.  This is basketball.  Size matters.  Plus if we have Griffin, it will be easier to trade Horford as we won't be stuck with Horford being our only decent big.

« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2017, 11:40:25 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
And me. They should definitely include me since I would love to be there.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva