Poll

Be Honest. Where Do You Think Hayward Goes In Free Agency?

Stays With Utah
25 (25.3%)
Goes To Miami
3 (3%)
Goes To Boston
70 (70.7%)
Goes To Another Team (Surprisingly)
1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Author Topic: Gordon Hayward To Meet With Jazz, Heat, And Celtics In Coming Week  (Read 37768 times)

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
http://www.sltrib.com/home/5454880-155/jazz-hayward-to-have-free-agency

Gordon Hayward's free agency schedule is starting to take shape.

The All-Star forward will meet with the Utah Jazz on Monday, two days after the moratorium begins, multiple sources told The Tribune on Wednesday.

According to reports, Hayward will meet with the Miami Heat on Saturday. The free agency period begins at 10 p.m. MDT Friday.

Hayward has three teams on his wish list: the Jazz, Heat and Boston Celtics. League sources say Hayward wants to take his meetings, and make a decision in short order. The Heat and Celtics are expected to offer him a four-year max contract. The Jazz, as the incumbent team, are expected to offer Hayward a five-year max contract.

Utah has been busy this week searching the trade market for ways to upgrade its roster, sources say. The Jazz were in talks with the Houston Rockets in a possible acquisition of point guard Patrick Beverley. but he was dealt to the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday as a part of a sign-and-trade for All-Star Chris Paul.

The Jazz have also expressed interest in Minnesota Timberwolves point guard Ricky Rubio. General Manager Dennis Lindsey said the team wants to have a veteran point guard on the roster whether that veteran come via trade, or retaining incumbent starter George Hill in free agency.

But everything revolves around Hayward. And the Jazz will be able to make their official pitch on Monday.

Basically, he will meet with the Heat on Saturday, Jazz on Monday, and it's still TBD when he meets with Boston, but HE WILL meet with them (NICE!). He also expects to make a decision "fairly quickly" as the article states (no surprise really).

ALSO, according to some other Jazz reports, Hayward wants to see what the Jazz do with some of their current FA's before deciding (Ingles, Hill primarily). Something to monitor as well.

UPDATE: Hayward will meet with each team in THEIR CITY. No road trip for the C's to take to Utah apparently.

I expect KG, PP34, Brady, Horford, IT, Smart, Brown, Tatum, Ainge, CBS, David Ortiz, and Chara to ALL be in the meeting with Hayward that day  ;D
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 07:34:13 PM by Phantom255x »
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Gordon Hayward Will Meet With Jazz, Heat, Then Celtics
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 07:16:54 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Best for last

The fact that he's even meeting with other teams makes me confident he will not stay in utah. If he cared so much about staying he wouldn't do this

I'm not saying it's set in stone he will leave, but I see the writing on the wall personally

Heat didn't even make the playoffs. We were the #1 seed. We want to be a perennial contender. Hayward gets spacing with IT and horford. We have picks to inject youth annually as well into the team. There's nothing not to like about coming for hayward

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 07:18:16 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
My obvious hope is he comes to Boston, but it wouldn't surprise me if he stays put in Utah.

More $$$, extra year, and it will be interesting to see what Utah does to bolster their roster (through trades?) and what they do with Hill and Ingles...

I voted Utah in the poll, but I'll gladly eat crow if he comes here  :laugh:

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 07:18:58 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Fireworks delayed another few days, sigh.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 07:19:53 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Best for last

The fact that he's even meeting with other teams makes me confident he will not stay in utah. If he cared so much about staying he wouldn't do this

I'm not saying it's set in stone he will leave, but I see the writing on the wall personally

Heat didn't even make the playoffs. We were the #1 seed. We want to be a perennial contender. Hayward gets spacing with IT and horford. We have picks to inject youth annually as well into the team. There's nothing not to like about coming for hayward

https://youtu.be/5EdmHSTwmWY
 TP

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 07:20:18 PM »

Offline dwlefty13

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 3
Looking good for the green team! Can't see him signing with the HEAT. The Jazz is a good young team but the path to a title in much easier in the East. Combined with the connection with Brad from the good ole Butler days and we have a marriage made for heaven.
Let's Go Celtics!!

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 07:22:06 PM »

Offline dwlefty13

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 3

It wouldn't be the Boston Celtics without the delay of fireworks!
Let's Go Celtics!!

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 07:25:02 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

On the contrary.

WHAT IF HE SIGNS HERE ON JULY 4TH?  ;)

Re: Gordon Hayward To Meet With Jazz, Heat, And Celtics In Coming Week
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 07:27:37 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
not worried

We might be better team with Blake anyways .

and oh yeah.......Doc you can suck a basket of eggs buddy.

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 07:31:08 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Best for last

This is GREAT news.  He knows Utah can offer more years/dollars.  He has also raised his young family in Utah, so far.  If either or both of these factors were his primary motivations, he would have just re-signed without meeting other teams.

WE HAVE A CHANCE.

Re: Gordon Hayward To Meet With Jazz, Heat, And Celtics In Coming Week
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 07:36:37 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865671211/Rock-On-Hayward-takes-a-swing-at-Brady.html

Utah Jazz content provider Hayley Byrnes put players on the spot last week with the question: “Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady?”

Like cheese or chocolate, there’s no wrong choice.

Most went with Brady, but Gordon Hayward said because he’s a Colts fan, he prefers Rodgers.

“Can’t stand Tom Brady,” he said.

No truth to the rumor Brady immediately called for a ring count.

NEVER MIND. WE DON'T NEED OR WANT HIM  >:(

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2017, 07:37:47 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
My obvious hope is he comes to Boston, but it wouldn't surprise me if he stays put in Utah.

More $$$, extra year, and it will be interesting to see what Utah does to bolster their roster (through trades?) and what they do with Hill and Ingles...

The money is only minimally more in Utah, because that extra year doesn't come into play with everyone assuming he'll do a 3 + 1 regardless where he goes.

With Paul now going to Houston, that's yet another team that is significantly better than the Jazz. Now they're the leader of that third tier bunch, but they're still behind the Spurs and Rockets in the second tier and the Warriors in that first tier.

I think the writing is on the wall, especially with the George rumors. He's Boston-bound.

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2017, 07:40:33 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

The money is only minimally more in Utah, because that extra year doesn't come into play with everyone assuming he'll do a 3 + 1 regardless where he goes.

With Paul now going to Houston, that's yet another team that is significantly better than the Jazz. Now they're the leader of that third tier bunch, but they're still behind the Spurs and Rockets in the second tier and the Warriors in that first tier.

I think the writing is on the wall, especially with the George rumors. He's Boston-bound.
Can you help me with this?  I thought it was $177m vs. $205m.

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2017, 07:43:56 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

Can you help me with this?  I thought it was $177m vs. $205m.

I believe that would be including the 5th year the Jazz can offer that others can't.

But I think it's widely assumed that he'll do a 3 + 1 deal wherever he goes to take advantage of the 10 year contract increase that he could get after three years, which would allow him to get significantly more money on a longer deal.

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2017, 07:46:15 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

He meets with Boston on Tue, and Tuesday night he signs. Boom. LOL