Author Topic: A few funny things on Brook Lopez  (Read 2551 times)

A few funny things on Brook Lopez
« on: June 28, 2017, 06:46:10 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
1) Upon getting traded to the Lakers he said no introduction was necessary stemming from Larry Nance's famous dunk

2) I hadn't noticed this the first time i watch this dunk, but the Nets reaction is absolutely priceless. They are all about to go nuts, and start to, but then quickly realize it is on their teammate and restrain their glee at the dunk. I got a chuckle out of it

https://twitter.com/BaxterHolmes/status/880181636108763136

Re: A few funny things on Brook Lopez
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 07:27:37 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
The best thing is that the BKN pick is much safer with Lopez trade

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 07:31:04 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

TP ....thats the bottom line .....nobody they land can replace his inside offense , rebounds and general disruption of a small ball team.

Now the nets will get the tar beat of of them by BIG and Small ball teams .....basically everybody

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 09:53:57 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

TP ....thats the bottom line .....nobody they land can replace his inside offense , rebounds and general disruption of a small ball team.

Now the nets will get the tar beat of of them by BIG and Small ball teams .....basically everybody
that isn't necessarily true. I mean they could absorb a contract from a team say Aldridge, Anderson, etc.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 09:58:54 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

that isn't necessarily true. I mean they could absorb a contract from a team say Aldridge, Anderson, etc.

If they got Aldridge that puts them like 30 some odd wins... Middle lottery...

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 10:37:07 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I'm sorry, but Aldridge isn't a contract you get to "absorb."  They'd actually have to give up something of value.

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 11:54:20 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

Wait - did you just cite rebounds as something Brook Lopez brings?? Because I'm pretty sure he's one of the worst rebounding 7'0" / 260 pound bigs in NBA history.

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 01:06:53 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

Wait - did you just cite rebounds as something Brook Lopez brings?? Because I'm pretty sure he's one of the worst rebounding 7'0" / 260 pound bigs in NBA history.
Lopez is a rare center that gave the Nets a huge x-factor everygame bc most teams do not have a center that can stretch the floor with really good percentages and open the lanes and unclog the paint.

Russell could score 24ppg and shoot good percentages and it still would not have the positive effect of B. Lopez.

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2017, 02:11:29 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617

I'm sorry, but Aldridge isn't a contract you get to "absorb."  They'd actually have to give up something of value.

I would happily "absorb" his contract if we weren't capped..    :laugh: :laugh:
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2017, 06:15:23 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

depends on if the Spurs need to move him to sign someone else and if there is competition for Aldridge. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2017, 08:42:59 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

depends on if the Spurs need to move him to sign someone else and if there is competition for Aldridge. 
that's just not realistic.  Aldridge is not someone they're going to just dump on another team without some real value coming back to them.  Nets do not have anything of value to offer.  he may not be the player he was in Portland but he's still a solid player.