15 (28.3%)
Olynyk
3 (5.7%)
Horford
18 (34%)
Zizic
1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Poll: Who plays the most minutes at PF next year  (Read 3591 times)

Re: Poll: Who plays the most minutes at PF next year
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2017, 02:13:15 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
In this Celtics interview, Tatum said he weighs 210. He weighed more b4 getting hurt in practice for Duke and it was too much too fast according to him (his doc).

It's not that he can't hold more weight it's that he gained 20lb in 2 weeks.

It's the last question and answer in the video so now you don't have to keep saying 205lb, everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBhc8n7c0QY

My answer right now is Horford if I base it on the players we have. I think Zizic will start if we don't trade or bring in a vet. Z is the C.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2017, 04:18:26 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
In this Celtics interview, Tatum said he weighs 210. He weighed more b4 getting hurt in practice for Duke and it was too much too fast according to him (his doc).

It's not that he can't hold more weight it's that he gained 20lb in 2 weeks.

It's the last question and answer in the video so now you don't have to keep saying 205lb, everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBhc8n7c0QY

My answer right now is Horford if I base it on the players we have. I think Zizic will start if we don't trade or bring in a vet. Z is the C.
Thanks for the post tp. I think a good amount of people know how he hurt his foot from the weight gain before college. But when I heard him say his weight I just take it with a grain of salt. Summer League will be great to see him play and hopefully we will be able to compare the change in physique from SL to PS/RS....but I am hoping he will make a jump for his soph season physically.
I don't care how much he weighs but he needs to get stronger all around. Granger was 225 when he was drafted and PG13 was 214 at combine. They were all older and those weights, even 214, would be fine playing weight for him this season if they are lean and help improve natural strength and function.

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2017, 05:55:12 AM »

Offline BigDogPitbull

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
Blake Griffin

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2017, 10:44:51 AM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 111

Got to love Celtics fans. The leader of this category is Paul George a guy that might not even be a Celtic but don't tell this board that.

Or a power forward, for that matter.

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2017, 11:05:23 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
It will be interesting to see what happens if we do get PG. He's been adamant that he's not playing PF in the past. Even in CBS's dream positionless system, there will be occasions when someone has to defend a legitimate PF.

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2017, 12:21:53 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
It will be interesting to see what happens if we do get PG. He's been adamant that he's not playing PF in the past. Even in CBS's dream positionless system, there will be occasions when someone has to defend a legitimate PF.

Didn't he technically play the most powerful with minutes of his career last year though

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2017, 12:46:11 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I agree, and I've always maintained that the traditional position assignments are for defensive purposes.  "positionless basketball" refers to the offense.  Regardless of CBS, somebody has to guard the PF on the other team, at least until you switch.  That's why having players who can guard multiple positions is so useful.

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2017, 12:47:10 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Millsap still a FA?

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2017, 05:42:11 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Millsap still a FA?

Yes. Extremely unlikely we pay more $ for him.