Author Topic: Chris Paul Despised Doc Rivers, Especially Over Carmelo Talks (LOL!)  (Read 7242 times)

Re: Chris Paul Despised Doc Rivers, Especially Over Carmelo Talks (LOL!)
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2017, 07:32:52 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I find it funny that the clippers may have just Imploded on doc

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2017, 07:35:50 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Doc is gone. Doc coached the celtics to a championship. Why so many on this blog seem to delight in humiliating and lambasting doc is beyond me. 
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2017, 07:53:50 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Doc is gone. Doc coached the celtics to a championship. Why so many on this blog seem to delight in humiliating and lambasting doc is beyond me.

I don't hate Doc or anything like that, and I thank him a lot for the 2008 title.

But as a GM, Doc was horrible. No getting around that.

His overall tenure with the Clippers has been underwhelming honestly.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2017, 08:07:37 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
The 3-year, $35M contract Doc gave his son was insane in the first place, and was a clear sign of nepotism. No way is a bum like Rivers worth the same contract as Jeremy Lin.

No surprise it turned into a point of contention amongst the rest of the team.

Rivers is a horrible player.

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2017, 08:10:45 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

No one likes to be "big timed."  Doc left for one reason and one reason only, because he decided he was too important, too special, too wonderful to go through a rebuilding process.  So he left behind the team, the management and the fans that had supported him when he was coaching a team that went from 45 winds to 24 wins because just making millions of dollars to coach the Celtics wasn't enough for him any more.  Only competing for a championship would be good enough for him.

Which is why it's pretty darned amusing to see his ego-fueled endeavor fall apart because of his own incompetence, while the team he left behind as not good enough is actually closer to winning a title than he's been at any time with the Clippers.

Mike

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2017, 08:23:58 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja

No one likes to be "big timed."  Doc left for one reason and one reason only, because he decided he was too important, too special, too wonderful to go through a rebuilding process.  So he left behind the team, the management and the fans that had supported him when he was coaching a team that went from 45 winds to 24 wins because just making millions of dollars to coach the Celtics wasn't enough for him any more.  Only competing for a championship would be good enough for him.

Which is why it's pretty darned amusing to see his ego-fueled endeavor fall apart because of his own incompetence, while the team he left behind as not good enough is actually closer to winning a title than he's been at any time with the Clippers.

Mike
Not wanting to suffer through a rebuild when you career is reaching a mature/ advanced stage is not a character flaw or personality disorder.

He wanted better, which is not unreasonable.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2017, 08:29:47 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Mike
Not wanting to suffer through a rebuild when you career is reaching a mature/ advanced stage is not a character flaw or personality disorder.

It would have been totally fine if he left. He first signed a long term contract extension though, knowing it was time to rebuild, and then he asked to leave for a contender. He made sure to get his money first, that's what really bothered me.

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2017, 08:37:33 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
The 3-year, $35M contract Doc gave his son was insane in the first place, and was a clear sign of nepotism. No way is a bum like Rivers worth the same contract as Jeremy Lin.

how is he horrible? Which stat of rivers is bad?

Austin Rivers says he took less money to re-sign with the Los Angeles Clippers.

Rivers received interest from the Houston Rockets, Brooklyn Nets and New York Knicks.

“I took less to come back here,” he said. “... I’m not taking this for granted. I was on a team where it was very bad. There are only four or five teams in the league with a realistic chance to win this year, and I think we’re one of them. I’m not taking this for granted. I know if I go somewhere else, I might not ever be on a team like this again. A lot of people go their whole career and never play on a team like this.”

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2017, 09:13:21 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Doc as an Atlanta hawk or ny knock was a guy i respected, tough nosed very good player.  Doc as coach was always good, better at personnel management.  Doc as gm pretty poor.
Always liked his honest personality and demeanor, he's gone we got a draft pick for letting him go (kudos ainge).  He's gone, unless something happens means a positive for c's I don't care

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2017, 09:36:46 PM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
Sorry, I couldn't get past the "Even though Austin Rivers has become one of the better defensive guards in the NBA" line. Who in the world thinks that? Marcus Smart has more defensive ability in his left big toe.

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2017, 09:42:25 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Mike

So, you wouldn't mind if your significant other ditches you for someone better looking?  And when the Celtics started their rebuilding process and went 25-57, did you stop watching and following the team because you wanted something "better?"

Overwrought fans can certainly be ridiculous and annoying, but there is one thing even worse.  The anti-fan who acts like they have no emotional investment in anything.

Mike

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2017, 09:45:13 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

I don't hate Doc or anything like that, and I thank him a lot for the 2008 title.

But as a GM, Doc was horrible. No getting around that.

His overall tenure with the Clippers has been underwhelming honestly.

During the Sterling disaster, Doc held that entire franchise together with his hands. For those who believe in divine purpose, it may have been that, and not winning a title, that was his special purpose there.

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2017, 11:33:50 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja

Mike

So, you wouldn't mind if your significant other ditches you for someone better looking?  And when the Celtics started their rebuilding process and went 25-57, did you stop watching and following the team because you wanted something "better?"

Overwrought fans can certainly be ridiculous and annoying, but there is one thing even worse.  The anti-fan who acts like they have no emotional investment in anything.

Mike
Ha, ha, ha...really, this debate has degenerated into comparing the Celtics coach to my spouse? Yep, it is clearly time to move on past all this.  ;D
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2017, 11:49:12 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

Mike

Mike

I strongly believe that all the hate towards Doc Rivers is utterly ridiculous.

If a star player (e.g. Paul George) chooses to leave his team because they are going through a rebuild, and he doesn't want to suffer though that, somehow almost everybody is ok with that.

But when a coach prefers to leave a team that's going through a rebuild so he can go to a more competitive situation, that's disloyal. 

Why should the two be seen any different?

Doc already had to coach through one terrible Celtics team through a rebuild.  He had a chance to move to a better position, and he took it.  He would have known that Danny Ainge had his eyes on Brad Stevens anyway, and I've got no doubts he would have had long hard talks to Ainge about it. And if Ainge didn't have a plan B that he really liked in place, then I'm sure Doc would not have walked and left Boston with nobody.

The situation worked out well for all parties involved - it was a win/win situation.  People should get over it.

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2017, 11:50:53 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

how is he horrible? Which stat of rivers is bad?

Austin Rivers says he took less money to re-sign with the Los Angeles Clippers.

Rivers received interest from the Houston Rockets, Brooklyn Nets and New York Knicks.

“I took less to come back here,” he said. “... I’m not taking this for granted. I was on a team where it was very bad. There are only four or five teams in the league with a realistic chance to win this year, and I think we’re one of them. I’m not taking this for granted. I know if I go somewhere else, I might not ever be on a team like this again. A lot of people go their whole career and never play on a team like this.”

When he signed that contract he was coming off a .438/.335/.681, 1.9reb 1.5 ast season. With terrible defense.

The contract he got was literally insane. LIke Mozgov-level bad. I doubt he sees the court if his dad wasn't the coach. I dunno, maybe i guess there were other teams with crazy GMs out there... but I find his account hard to believe. though I suppose the Nets and Knicks are capable of anything lol.

I've watched him closely for years. Don't let his mediocre empty stats fool you, he is flat-out bad and doesn't contribute to winning. He is a turnstile defensively and doesn't distribute the ball well on offense. He's basically an average-shooting shooting guard with almost no other skills. Take away his star teammates and watch his percentages plummet again. He should be far closer to a minimum contract than a $12M per year deal.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 11:56:07 PM by kraidstar »