Author Topic: Time to Trade for Jordan  (Read 3706 times)

Re: Time to Trade for Jordan
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2017, 05:29:34 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
This notion of going after a "consolation prize" if they strike out on the elite players just doesn't seem like the Danny Ainge M.O.  He is a patient man who will not trade assets to make a splash.  He has repeatedly said that. He has also alluded to getting "special players".

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2017, 05:32:09 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
With the recent announcement of the clippers losing CP3 to the rockets, it's very likely we could take advantage and land a guy who would make a big difference in our squad.

Boston sends Bradley, Smart, and Zeller and the first rounder from the sixers to the Clips for Jordan.

Clippers replace some of their loss at guard while adding a first rounder. Boston gets a much needed big who is an elite rebounder and defender. If we were able to add Hayward to this crew we can get past the Cavs.
That's a great trade for the Clips who are blowing it up anyway.  However, I don't think Ainge would do that deal and I wouldn't either.  You lose a lot of perimeter defense which is becoming more essential in the modern 3-pt happy NBA.  You also give up some odds of landing a really good big man in the 2018 draft, if that's the pick you are giving up.  Lastly, I have enough stress in my life without bearing a full season of Deandre at the foul line.
I hear you about the free throw shooting, however I think what he adds the first 3+ quarters of the game will prevent us from being in so many close games that shouldn't be. That will balance out the stress. Also, you aren't going to get him for much less however we are likely going to lose Bradley anyway. Rozier is a capable fill in for them. I could be convinced to swap out IT for Bradley in that deal and start Rozier at the point and Bradley at the two. How about this lineup along that line?

Rozier/Bradley/Hayward/Horford/Jordan
Smart/Brown/Nader/Tatum/Zizic

I think that is a much more complete team and what we lose in offense from IT we make up for in defensive improvement and Haywards offense. I am in the camp of thinking giving IT a Max contract will come back to bite us big time. When he starts to decline it will be quickly.

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2017, 05:34:34 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
This notion of going after a "consolation prize" if they strike out on the elite players just doesn't seem like the Danny Ainge M.O.  He is a patient man who will not trade assets to make a splash.  He has repeatedly said that. He has also alluded to getting "special players".

Which is why I said if we don't sign Hayward,Griffin, or George I don't give up hardly anything at all for him alone. I do think he would make us better, just not enough to do on it's own unless they are having a fire sale for him. i.e the players without any first round picks added.

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2017, 04:57:33 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Jordan would be a last resort guy, after they strike out on George and Griffin. And maybe even Millsap.

He's a rim protector, a guy who doesn't fit in their current picture, though I think his rebounding and interior defense might be just what they need. As for small ball and 3P emphasis, I just go back to the Celtics championship eras. They did all those things and still had a guy in the middle who could get the ball to start the fast break. I don't know if anything has really changed. Teams that don't have the big guy wish they had one. Plus a couple of guys who can really score--which the Celtics are a bit short on, too.