Author Topic: Time to Trade for Jordan  (Read 3702 times)

Time to Trade for Jordan
« on: June 28, 2017, 01:54:32 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
With the recent announcement of the clippers losing CP3 to the rockets, it's very likely we could take advantage and land a guy who would make a big difference in our squad.

Boston sends Bradley, Smart, and Zeller and the first rounder from the sixers to the Clips for Jordan.

Clippers replace some of their loss at guard while adding a first rounder. Boston gets a much needed big who is an elite rebounder and defender. If we were able to add Hayward to this crew we can get past the Cavs.

Re: Time to Trade for Jordan
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 01:57:00 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
With the recent announcement of the clippers losing CP3 to the rockets, it's very likely we could take advantage and land a guy who would make a big difference in our squad.

Boston sends Bradley, Smart, and Zeller and the first rounder from the sixers to the Clips for Jordan.

Clippers replace some of their loss at guard while adding a first rounder. Boston gets a much needed big who is an elite rebounder and defender. If we were able to add Hayward to this crew we can get past the Cavs.

I kinda think its gonna be Griffin and PP to the C's

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 02:08:11 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

I kinda think its gonna be Griffin and PP to the C's

If we could still pull off Hayward without giving away both 2018 picks I'd be happy with Griffin. I'd rather do this trade though. Clears up our log jam at guard. And Jordan is a MUCH better big for rebounding/defense.

Lineup of IT/Brown/Hayward/Horford/Jordan with a bench of Rozier/Brown/Nader/Tatum/Zizic would be pretty tough to beat.

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 02:08:41 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
All I have to say is, CP3 and Griffin just screwed over Jordan.

If Griffin leaves LAC as well in the coming week, then Jordan is only going to regret not leaving 2 years ago even more haha.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 02:19:51 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

If Griffin leaves LAC as well in the coming week, then Jordan is only going to regret not leaving 2 years ago even more haha.

Well, given how Jordan screwed over Dallas, it'd be a bit of "what goes around, comes around".

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 02:22:48 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533

Well, given how Jordan screwed over Dallas, it'd be a bit of "what goes around, comes around".
Cuban must be enjoying this

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 02:25:51 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
dallas and the clippers rank about the same either way, so he would play for a bad team in dallas, now he gets to play for a bad team in la, big deal
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 02:35:51 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
The headline looks like a post made by ML Carr  ;D

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 03:15:46 PM »

Offline Celtics978Fan

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 23

I only make the trade for Jordan if we miss out on Hayward signing and George signing.  I wouldn't personally go after Griffin with his injury history.

Honestly I don't think you need to give up that much.  I'd rather give then Zeller, Mickey, Rozier, Boston 2018 1st.  I'd even give them our 2019 1st as well.

Jordan is on a basically a 1 year deal because he has a player option who would most likely opt out.  Then we still have options for next year free agency no matter what.

Center - Jordan
Power Forward - Horford
Small Forward - Crowder
Shooting Guard - Bradley
Point Guard - Thomas

Center - Zizic
Power Forward - Yabusele
Small Forward - Tatum
Shooting Guard - Brown
Point Guard - Smart

Plus we can still sign some free agents make one year deals, go after a Gallinari, Rudy Gay, Zach Randolph, Tony Allen, Taj Gibson, PJ Tucker, to add a veteran or two off the bench.  Thinking Jordan with the team we have now are at Cleveland Cavaliers level even more.  Jordan gives us defense, rebounding which is what killed us, specially against Cleveland.  Personally I'd go after a Randolph and Gay for 1 year deals. 

We keep the Brooklyn and Los Angeles Lakers picks for next year.  Also when Jordan leaves, we'd be able to extend Thomas, Bradley and Smart. 

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 04:41:27 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

I only make the trade for Jordan if we miss out on Hayward signing and George signing.  I wouldn't personally go after Griffin with his injury history.

Honestly I don't think you need to give up that much.  I'd rather give then Zeller, Mickey, Rozier, Boston 2018 1st.  I'd even give them our 2019 1st as well.

Jordan is on a basically a 1 year deal because he has a player option who would most likely opt out.  Then we still have options for next year free agency no matter what.

Center - Jordan
Power Forward - Horford
Small Forward - Crowder
Shooting Guard - Bradley
Point Guard - Thomas

Center - Zizic
Power Forward - Yabusele
Small Forward - Tatum
Shooting Guard - Brown
Point Guard - Smart

Plus we can still sign some free agents make one year deals, go after a Gallinari, Rudy Gay, Zach Randolph, Tony Allen, Taj Gibson, PJ Tucker, to add a veteran or two off the bench.  Thinking Jordan with the team we have now are at Cleveland Cavaliers level even more.  Jordan gives us defense, rebounding which is what killed us, specially against Cleveland.  Personally I'd go after a Randolph and Gay for 1 year deals. 

We keep the Brooklyn and Los Angeles Lakers picks for next year.  Also when Jordan leaves, we'd be able to extend Thomas, Bradley and Smart.

Yeah, I'd rather give up less as well, but your trade doesn't work. Jordan makes over 20 mil per season and those guys make ten million less. Gotta be within 5 million for it to work, and unless it is real close it would also put us in a position where we wouldn't have the cap space to sign a max free agent. Just adding Jordan doesn't put us over the top. If there were no salary cap issues of course you'd like to keep all your good players and still add him.

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 04:53:39 PM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Unfortunately, DeAndre Jordan is becoming a dinosaur in todays NBA. He is a great rebounder and shot blocker. However, he hurts with spacing and can't it free throws. The whole hack-a-Jordan can't help but destroy any offensive flow. I know Horford would prefer to play PF, but he is more of a Center in today's game.

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2017, 04:56:48 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

That's a great trade for the Clips who are blowing it up anyway.  However, I don't think Ainge would do that deal and I wouldn't either.  You lose a lot of perimeter defense which is becoming more essential in the modern 3-pt happy NBA.  You also give up some odds of landing a really good big man in the 2018 draft, if that's the pick you are giving up.  Lastly, I have enough stress in my life without bearing a full season of Deandre at the foul line.

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2017, 05:15:01 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Huge 4th quarter liability. Terrible contract. No offense. No jumpshot

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2017, 05:15:16 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Michael Jordan?

Sign me up.  8)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2017, 05:23:13 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Huge 4th quarter liability. Terrible contract. No offense. No jumpshot

12.7 ppg with 71% shooting last year would say he has a bit more than NO offense. Don't want him for that really anyway. It's his 13.8 rebounds and 1.7 blocks. He is a defensive rebounding stud and that is clearly one of our biggest weaknesses. We got crushed on the boards last season and if we didn't we wouldn't have to be perfect on offense to beat a good team. If we strike out on Hayward and Griffin and George I think his acquisition alone would make us a better team. That being said, I doubt I give up anything for him unless we sign Hayward or trade for George.