Author Topic: WOJ BOMB: Chris Paul to Houston  (Read 22553 times)

Re: WOJ BOMB: Chris Paul to Houston
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2017, 11:50:51 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Beverley, Decker, Williams, & '18 first rounder.

seriously ????? For Chris #### Paul  ?!??!?!

If he was leaving anyway, that's not a terrible return.  Doc clearly doesn't like rebuilding.

Well it better than nothing for sure ... But just reading that trade .... CPaul for Beverly,Decker and Williams ?!??!?!?

I guess they ll accept a similarly low offer for Blake Griffin .... I wish we could jump into this but it doesn't fit with the initial plan to get Hayward...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 11:58:12 AM by Roy H. »

Re: WOJ BOMB: Paul to Houston
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2017, 11:51:35 AM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
wonder if now Harden becomes more of a spot up shooter since he won't have the ball in his hands as much as CP is now the primary ball handler.

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2017, 11:51:42 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I kind of question the fit for Houston, but it doesn't really matter (it's CP3, they'll work out the fit).  Getting a star big man (LMA?) would probably have been better position-wise, but I guess finding a big man that is attainable, a star, and fits in their pace-and-space offense would be almost impossible.  No mater what, though, it's a heck of a move, and a surprisingly low price.  That '18 pick will be pretty crappy.

Can we change the thread title to "WOJ BOMB: Chris Paul to Houston", though? I had a mini heart attack because I thought it was PG13
I'm bitter.

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2017, 11:53:24 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
Beverley, Decker, Williams, & '18 first rounder.

seriously ????? For Chris #### Paul  ?!??!?!

That sets the trade market for George

Beverly is a good player, but the rest of that package is pretty meh.  I think this is good for us in the PG negotiations.

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2017, 11:54:08 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Boston is in good shape if they cannot get Hayward...Think Griffin is ripe for the picking

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2017, 11:55:08 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Implications to the Paul George sweepstakes! Take out that LAL pick from that package now LOL.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2017, 11:55:10 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I kind of question the fit for Houston, but it doesn't really matter (it's CP3, they'll work out the fit).  Getting a star big man (LMA?) would probably have been better position-wise, but I guess finding a big man that is attainable, a star, and fits in their pace-and-space offense would be almost impossible.  No mater what, though, it's a heck of a move, and a surprisingly low price.  That '18 pick will be pretty crappy.

Can we change the thread title to "WOJ BOMB: Chris Paul to Houston", though? I had a mini heart attack because I thought it was PG13

Well, when you have people like Chris Paul and Paul George who have two first names, it does get confusing.

Ugh...people with first names for last names. 

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2017, 11:56:43 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Shame that Clippers pick is protected.

At least it's trade and they are getting value back in return. Maybe it will help them keep afloat for that pick.

Yeah, it's a pretty good deal for Clippers.  Assuming they keep Decker and the pick, that's only abet of about $2.4 million in cap space in 2018 compared to just letting Paul walk and not replacing him.  They could have over $80 million in cap space next summer, during a good free agency class, if Blake also leaves and they don't make any long-term signings this summer.

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2017, 11:57:09 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Wow. That's a freaking steal.

Bye bye Blake.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2017, 11:57:55 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Take shelter! Woj bombs dropping with no warnings.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2017, 11:58:08 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Well, when you have people like Chris Paul and Paul George who have two first names, it does get confusing.

Ugh...people with first names for last names.

Title changed.

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2017, 11:58:23 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Have to think Hayward and Griffin end up in Boston and Miami now...don't see either going back to the jazz and clips

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2017, 11:58:28 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
Not to be a wet blanket, but do the clippers get involved in the PG13 sweepstakes now?  I mean it is still LA.  Did the clippers free up much cap space in the trade?

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2017, 11:58:45 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Boston is in good shape if they cannot get Hayward...Think Griffin is ripe for the picking
I think Griffin is more likely to stay now honestly.

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2017, 12:00:29 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
I think Griffin is more likely to stay now honestly.

I kind of wonder about that too.  Maybe the CP3 ultra controlling rumors are true and Blake is actually happy he left?