Author Topic: [Bulpett] C's unwilling to give up "top draft assets" for George.  (Read 28158 times)

Re: [Bulpett] C's unwilling to give up "top draft assets" for George.
« Reply #105 on: June 28, 2017, 06:32:12 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
I think DA is probably correct not to part with any of Brown, Tatum, Nets '18 or LAL/Sac.  But if he sees that PG remaining in Boston as a viable possibility, I think he could put LAL/Sac in play, or, the Nets pick with protection (defaulting to C's '18 if in Top 5).  Or, perhaps Indy gets the worst of LAL/Sac and Nets pick with Celtics choice to take Nets '18 or Sac '19 if the LAL pick isn't conveyable in 2018. 

I think most here hate the idea of giving up valuable assets for a one year rental.  If Danny does give up one of the big picks, I'll see it as a sign that he's confident that PG will sign in Boston.  But it's definitely a risk .

On another note, would people here rather give up Zizic than Net '18 or LAL/Sac?  If so, why is his name rarely mentioned as a chip?  Yabu and Nader probably don't have much value, but I would think Zizic does.  I am nervous about giving up our young size guy, but I think I may be overrating what he'll provide for a contender over the next year or two that could be found in a title-chasing veteran. 

« Reply #106 on: June 28, 2017, 06:38:43 PM »

Offline Th3M2n

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 14
For the love of god, can you dudes STOP including Zeller in your proposed "trades"...he has to be gone to get enough space to even sign Hayward/Griffin BEFORE we can trade for George...just stop.

« Reply #107 on: June 28, 2017, 06:42:01 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I just find it funny that we're saying what we won't give up while also asking them to do things according to our timeline.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #108 on: June 28, 2017, 06:55:51 PM »

Offline BostonClamCrowdah

• Brad Stevens
I just find it funny that we're saying what we won't give up while also asking them to do things according to our timeline.

The proposals on this forum are LOLable

« Reply #109 on: June 28, 2017, 07:36:33 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
With no extension and taking a gamble I'd give up AB, Crowder, Memphis pick and Clippers. I'd listen to other scenarios that DO NOT involve IT, Brown, Tatum, Horford, Nets Pick or LA/Sac pick.

« Reply #110 on: June 28, 2017, 07:51:04 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
With no extension and taking a gamble I'd give up AB, Crowder, Memphis pick and Clippers. I'd listen to other scenarios that DO NOT involve IT, Brown, Tatum, Horford, Nets Pick or LA/Sac pick.

See, if I'm going for it, i want Bradley. Smart and Crowder are the trade package, and I offer 3 1st rounders by adding our own 2018 along with MEM and LAC.  Not enough money though. .. 

Who else are we still paying?  I want IT, AB, and Rozier...oh jeez... There's no way around losing Bradley if everyone else gets wing minutes. And we'd need his salary to match.

MY BINKIE!!!

« Reply #111 on: June 28, 2017, 08:02:51 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
For the love of god, can you dudes STOP including Zeller in your proposed "trades"...he has to be gone to get enough space to even sign Hayward/Griffin BEFORE we can trade for George...just stop.

Fine, we can just sign and trade Amir and Jerebko then  ;)

Also, here's your first tp for making me laugh. I can actually feel your frustration through my computer screen.

« Reply #112 on: June 28, 2017, 08:16:06 PM »

Offline Th3M2n

• The Green Kornet

Fine, we can just sign and trade Amir and Jerebko then  ;)

Also, here's your first tp for making me laugh. I can actually feel your frustration through my computer screen.

lol...yeah, sure. :-)

« Reply #113 on: June 28, 2017, 08:18:25 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
He can be traded until Saturday, right?  Then it will stop when he gets waived.

« Reply #114 on: June 28, 2017, 08:33:36 PM »

Offline Th3M2n

• The Green Kornet

But you have to sign Hayward/Griffin FIRST, then execute the trade AFTERWARDS, where you can go over the cap to accept salary above your cap.  You CANNOT do the trade FIRST, or we then can't sign a max lvl FA.

« Reply #115 on: June 28, 2017, 08:38:56 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

But you have to sign Hayward/Griffin FIRST, then execute the trade AFTERWARDS, where you can go over the cap to accept salary above your cap.  You CANNOT do the trade FIRST, or we then can't sign a max lvl FA.
Sure, I guess, I'm not an expert.  I'm just saying his name will continue show up in trade ideas until he is off the team, July 1.

« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2017, 08:41:17 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I think DA is probably correct not to part with any of Brown, Tatum, Nets '18 or LAL/Sac.  But if he sees that PG remaining in Boston as a viable possibility, I think he could put LAL/Sac in play, or, the Nets pick with protection (defaulting to C's '18 if in Top 5).  Or, perhaps Indy gets the worst of LAL/Sac and Nets pick with Celtics choice to take Nets '18 or Sac '19 if the LAL pick isn't conveyable in 2018. 

I think most here hate the idea of giving up valuable assets for a one year rental.  If Danny does give up one of the big picks, I'll see it as a sign that he's confident that PG will sign in Boston.  But it's definitely a risk .

On another note, would people here rather give up Zizic than Net '18 or LAL/Sac?  If so, why is his name rarely mentioned as a chip?  Yabu and Nader probably don't have much value, but I would think Zizic does.  I am nervous about giving up our young size guy, but I think I may be overrating what he'll provide for a contender over the next year or two that could be found in a title-chasing veteran.
The 2018 draftis loaded with bigs and has 2 really good CENTERS with legit length. My favorite is still Ayton and he is my pick to overtake MPJ.

Zizic has size and length and does everything well. The only thing is he has not shown a polished offensive game.

« Reply #117 on: June 28, 2017, 08:59:24 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52

I've noted the same thing myself several times. In all truth, it is actually possible to keep Zeller's contract and use it in a trade, but that requires moving an equal or greater amount of salary out. For example if they could trade Bradley for draft picks and take no salary back then they could keep Zeller and use him in a trade.

« Reply #118 on: June 28, 2017, 09:05:04 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

The 2018 draftis loaded with bigs and has 2 really good CENTERS with legit length. My favorite is still Ayton and he is my pick to overtake MPJ.

Zizic has size and length and does everything well. The only thing is he has not shown a polished offensive game.

On a side note, I'm really going to miss having Nets picks after the next draft. I've gotten used to it now, it's going to be a tough withdrawal.

« Reply #119 on: June 28, 2017, 09:26:12 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

On a side note, I'm really going to miss having Nets picks after the next draft. I've gotten used to it now, it's going to be a tough withdrawal.

Well, if we keep the LAL/Sac pick and it doesn't convey next year, at least we will have another shot in 2019 with Sac.

I am with you, though - I think we should automatically get top 3 picks every year, regardless of how we finish the season.  :P