Author Topic: [Bulpett] C's unwilling to give up "top draft assets" for George.  (Read 28148 times)

Re: [Bulpett] C's unwilling to give up "top draft assets" for George.
« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2017, 03:39:17 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
PG is very likely to leave a year from now.

No he wouldn't be.

George has never once publicly stated anything about where he wants to play next year.  It's been reported (rumored) he wants to play in LA.  And it is probably true he wants to play in LA, but that doesn't mean LA is the only place he will consider playing.

On the other hand, George has in fact publicly stated his desire to win, his appreciation for the Celtics culture, his desire to play with Hayward, and even retweeted a Pierce tweet that Boston should trade for George.

There is every bit as much indication that he would be happy playing for a contender in Boston as there is anywhere else.

People really need to stop with this false narrative that George will only consider playing in LA and nowhere else.
False? It's not like the Lakers are the only ones using that narrative. NBC Sports reported in the last day or two that PG talked to Klay Thompson about joining him in LA. And that's hardly the only source.

It would be foolish to spend a significant asset on a guy who has made his intentions so widely known.

Then how exactly do you account for the reports out of Boston that the Celtics are increasingly confident George would resign?

Or do they not fit your narrative?
Same to you. How are all the other reports bogus, but not the one that has PG in Boston?

And the report closest to the Celtics, Bulpett, has said the Celts are unwilling to give up a high #1 for PG, because they don't think he'll sign with us. He made my point for me. Look at the thread you're posting in....

I don't think either of you actually knows and you just have to take all the report for what they are worth. All we really know is that he definitely would have interest in playing for the Lakers. The rest are whisper about Cleveland and Boston (although to be fair the whisper for Cleveland are from Steven A Smith). So either could be true or either could be false.

« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2017, 03:46:22 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Stop arguing about where Paul wants to go.

All we can control is what we would give up for him, and hopefully that's not a lot.

I would not , under any circumstances, include Tatum or the Nets pick.  Sorry Indy, you have no leverage.

« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2017, 04:09:32 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

All we can control is what we would give up for him, and hopefully that's not a lot.

I would not , under any circumstances, include Tatum or the Nets pick.  Sorry Indy, you have no leverage.
Agreed, but I also would not give up the LAL 2018 pick.  To have 2 "shots on goal" at a top-5 pick next year, with the big men coming out, is just too enticing to give up.  Ainge may feel differently, so...

Indy does, in fact, have some leverage in that there is a sort of bidding war going on right now.  This plays to Boston's advantage since they have the most assets to offer if they do decide to give one or more 2018 top-5 picks.

« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2017, 04:17:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Agreed, but I also would not give up the LAL 2018 pick.  To have 2 "shots on goal" at a top-5 pick next year, with the big men coming out, is just too enticing to give up.  Ainge may feel differently, so...

Indy does, in fact, have some leverage in that there is a sort of bidding war going on right now.  This plays to Boston's advantage since they have the most assets to offer if they do decide to give one or more 2018 top-5 picks.

That leaves with 2018 celts, 2019 memphis or clippers pick

But now that Clippers pick looks like heaven  ;D

« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2017, 04:17:52 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Maybe get a 3rd team to give up a couple of young prosepcts for Avery Bradley?  He would be a great fit in Milwaukee.

How about:

Paul George
to Boston

Jae Crowder
Terry Rozier
DJ Wilson
Rashad Vaugn
2019 Clippers pick
2019 Grizzlies pick
2018 Celtics pick
to Indiana

Avery Bradley
to Milwaukee

Isaiah Thomas ~ Marcus Smart
Gordon Hayward ~ Jaylen Brown
Paul George ~ Jayson Tatum
Al Horford
Ante Zizic

Sign some vet minimums, Daniel Theis, maybe Ojeleye, etc.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 01:32:26 AM by CELTICSofBOSTON »

« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2017, 04:23:55 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

No it doesn't. It looks worse.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2017, 04:49:18 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52

Boston makes an offer: Crowder + LA 18 or Sac 19, Memphis pick and Zeller (potential of Rozier
Demetrius Jackson) -with Bradley as a chip to be offered later if things are on the fence.
Indiana likes this but wonders-can we get more?  Paul George thinks, "I might extend" but lets see if they get a free agent (Blake or Hayward)

The Celts most likely will not be able to include Zeller in any trade. If they want to sign a max or near max free agent they need to clear all the salary they can, and that means cutting Zeller and not picking up his contract for next year, which is not guaranteed. They must do this if they want to go after Heyward or any other max level free agent. Furthermore, they must cut Zeller by July 2nd or his contract becomes guaranteed and then they won't be able to have enough cap space to go after Heyward.

« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2017, 04:58:56 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
https://mobile.twitter.com/stevebhoop/status/880052546089496576

Because of risk of him not signing. Apparently, Indiana unwilling to allow C's to negotiate? Guess they'd perfer Julius Randle...

Kinda knew this was coming... Ainge always gets us there... and then leaves the bedroom.

Call me crazy, I still give up Crowder, Bradley and LA pick for him and hope he resigns. Gotta start taking risks with these assets.

Avery Bradley is not an asset.

« Reply #98 on: June 28, 2017, 04:59:32 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
Just go after Hayward and Griffin and keep the picks.

this

« Reply #99 on: June 28, 2017, 05:06:16 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Tom Cuddy‏
@TomCuddySports

#Celtics Danny Ainge on possible trading partners.."They are asking for some of our prime real estate."

Is this guy reliable?

If that's the case, then dang. I guess it's back to the plan. Sign Hayward/Griffin, and be done with it (along with some smaller depth moves, or moves involving exceptions).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #100 on: June 28, 2017, 05:09:42 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo

Yeah.  Their best pick coming back will be 2019 Memphis.  Nothing better than that.

« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2017, 05:12:05 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell

No it doesn't. It looks worse.
It is heavily protected so it probably doesn't change its value much at all.

« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2017, 05:35:53 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Tom Cuddy‏
@TomCuddySports

#Celtics Danny Ainge on possible trading partners.."They are asking for some of our prime real estate."

Is this guy reliable?

If that's the case, then dang. I guess it's back to the plan. Sign Hayward/Griffin, and be done with it (along with some smaller depth moves, or moves involving exceptions).

What a greedy b**" pritchard is

« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2017, 05:40:54 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
Tom Cuddy‏
@TomCuddySports

Is this guy reliable?

What a greedy b**" pritchard is
Typical negotiating strategy, start high.  Indy actually has some leverage here as long as multiple team express interest.

« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2017, 05:40:56 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Tom Cuddy‏
@TomCuddySports

Is this guy reliable?

The quote is from several days ago.

I know when I am trying to do deals with teams, I am looking at, ‘Oh, I am going to call that team because they have something I am excited about.’ People around the league know the things we have, and I think they are asking for some of our prime real estate.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celtics/2017/06/23/post-draft-and-with-danny-ainge/Q2GujXUKYrtmkOk6uGHumJ/amp.html

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes