Author Topic: [Bulpett] C's unwilling to give up "top draft assets" for George.  (Read 28245 times)

Re: [Bulpett] C's unwilling to give up "top draft assets" for George.
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2017, 01:24:03 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
PG is very likely to leave a year from now.

No he wouldn't be.

George has never once publicly stated anything about where he wants to play next year.  It's been reported (rumored) he wants to play in LA.  And it is probably true he wants to play in LA, but that doesn't mean LA is the only place he will consider playing.

On the other hand, George has in fact publicly stated his desire to win, his appreciation for the Celtics culture, his desire to play with Hayward, and even retweeted a Pierce tweet that Boston should trade for George.

There is every bit as much indication that he would be happy playing for a contender in Boston as there is anywhere else.

People really need to stop with this false narrative that George will only consider playing in LA and nowhere else.
False? It's not like the Lakers are the only ones using that narrative. NBC Sports reported in the last day or two that PG talked to Klay Thompson about joining him in LA. And that's hardly the only source.

It would be foolish to spend a significant asset on a guy who has made his intentions so widely known.

Then how exactly do you account for the reports out of Boston that the Celtics are increasingly confident George would resign?

Or do they not fit your narrative?
Same to you. How are all the other reports bogus, but not the one that has PG in Boston?

And the report closest to the Celtics, Bulpett, has said the Celts are unwilling to give up a high #1 for PG, because they don't think he'll sign with us. He made my point for me. Look at the thread you're posting in....

« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2017, 01:25:15 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

No he wouldn't be.

George has never once publicly stated anything about where he wants to play next year.  It's been reported (rumored) he wants to play in LA.  And it is probably true he wants to play in LA, but that doesn't mean LA is the only place he will consider playing.

On the other hand, George has in fact publicly stated his desire to win, his appreciation for the Celtics culture, his desire to play with Hayward, and even retweeted a Pierce tweet that Boston should trade for George.

There is every bit as much indication that he would be happy playing for a contender in Boston as there is anywhere else.

People really need to stop with this false narrative that George will only consider playing in LA and nowhere else.
False? It's not like the Lakers are the only ones using that narrative. NBC Sports reported in the last day or two that PG talked to Klay Thompson about joining him in LA. And that's hardly the only source.

It would be foolish to spend a significant asset on a guy who has made his intentions so widely known.

Then how exactly do you account for the reports out of Boston that the Celtics are increasingly confident George would resign?

Or the reports that George would consider re-signing with Cleveland, under the right circumstances.

There is plenty of evidence the very much suggests LA is not the only place George will consider playing.
I've seen no such report. All I've seen is Lebron wanting him in CLE this year.

Take the blinders off. PG doesn't want to be in Boston long term.

« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2017, 01:42:41 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
The reports have always been that he wants to be contending OR if not contending then be in LA. Ideally, he wants to be on a contending team IN LA, but that's not realistic anytime soon.
I've only seen the contending narrative creep in recently though -- is it actually legit?

This was actually part of the original LA rumor from last year/season, along with being corroborated by many of his public comments. Basically, he said his first priority is winning, and he ideally would like to do that in Indy and not change teams; otherwise, he wants to be in LA. For whatever reason, the LA stuff was what the sports media latched on to, and that narrative has exploded and expanded since then.

I have no doubts he wants to play and win in LA, but I just don't think he'd leave a superteam like Boston, Cleveland, or even Houston to simply play in LA. His first priority certainly seems to be on a contending team.

« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2017, 01:44:29 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

No he wouldn't be.

Or the reports that George would consider re-signing with Cleveland, under the right circumstances.

There is plenty of evidence the very much suggests LA is not the only place George will consider playing.

It seems pretty obvious to just about everyone here you are the only one with blinders on.

I mean, ultimately I couldn't care less what you think. It's just funny you continue to stick with a narrative that is clearly false.

PG may in fact end up in LA, but it is absolutely not a guarantee. George has never once said that is the only place he will play.

« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2017, 02:01:15 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2017/06/28/paul-george-warned-indiana-pacers-trade/435476001/

George, meanwhile, finds himself at an interesting crossroads here.

Hell-bent as he is on signing with the Lakers, George - according to a person with knowledge of his situation - is also the kind of prudent professional who won’t close a window of opportunity prematurely.
So if the Cavs can convince Pritchard to either take on four-time All-Star forward Kevin Love or send him to a third team in exchange for more suitable assets, then George will play his heart out alongside LeBron James and remain open to the idea of re-signing next summer if James were also to return (or, perhaps, George could leave for Los Angeles with James at his side).

Ditto for the Celtics or the San Antonio Spurs, teams that could fulfill George’s desire for title contention and thus put themselves in the running. And should the Lakers come along and trade for him early to ensure he doesn’t fall in love with another team, then so be it. The person spoke with USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the situation.

Pretty much everyone who matters in the NBA has said it is very difficult for them to see George leaving a superteam like Boston or Cleveland just to play in LA.

« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2017, 02:17:30 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

No he wouldn't be.

It seems pretty obvious to just about everyone here you are the only one with blinders on.

I mean, ultimately I couldn't care less what you think. It's just funny you continue to stick with a narrative that is clearly false.

PG may in fact end up in LA, but it is absolutely not a guarantee. George has never once said that is the only place he will play.
Lot of posting for not caring. I assume if you cared you'd post a Celtics version of War and Peace?

Bulpett's tweet speaks volumes to the truth. The Celts think the risk he won't stay is too great to give up a top asset. /discussion

« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2017, 02:27:51 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

No he wouldn't be.

Lot of posting for not caring. I assume if you cared you'd post a Celtics version of War and Peace?

Bulpett's tweet speaks volumes to the truth. The Celts think the risk he won't stay is too great to give up a top asset. /discussion /confirmation bias

FTFY

« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2017, 02:32:25 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

No he wouldn't be.

Same to you. How are all the other reports bogus, but not the one that has PG in Boston?

And the report closest to the Celtics, Bulpett, has said the Celts are unwilling to give up a high #1 for PG, because they don't think he'll sign with us. He made my point for me. Look at the thread you're posting in....

Bulpett never once uses the phrase "high #1." Only you do, and it's clear at this point you are fabricating stuff to back the narrative of what you hope happens.

Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2017, 02:42:58 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
The only way the Pacers don't allow George to talk to the Celtics is because they know he isn't going to agree to an extension right now because if he was the Pacers would let him talk. It would drive up the price a lot more why wouldn't they?? Better to keep some doubt and drive up the trade a little then to remove all doubt.

« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2017, 02:45:44 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
ulpett's tweet speaks volumes to the truth. The Celts think the risk he won't stay is too great to give up a top asset. /discussion

Or, teams are using that as a pretext to keep the price reasonable.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2017, 02:46:55 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I can only interpret this as a message to George that he has to give some reassurance of re-signing if the Celtics are to include top picks in a deal.

The problem is other GMs are reading this, too, and they will attempt to one up the Celtics.

In the end, the Celtics are going to have to use their best assets, namely draft picks, to get George. No other team can match those assets. They are Ainge's ace cards.

What other options does he have? No trade ones, unless Griffin changes to opt-in, like CP, and gets traded to Boston.

We all know that Hayward is not enough. Danny can't play it too cute, here. The season is on the line.

« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2017, 02:49:18 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
Lebron plus anybody ='s superteam
Lebron is rumored to be leaving CLE next year..
Lebron has a house in LA.
The Lakers have room for 2 - even 3..
We have seen this before.

Ball, Lebron, PG, Ingram  - Klaye maybe?

« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2017, 02:56:47 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER

No he wouldn't be.

Bulpett's tweet speaks volumes to the truth. The Celts think the risk he won't stay is too great to give up a top asset. /discussion

Fans have a tendency to overreact to every tweet these days.  The original  report was that the Celtics were not offering the Brooklyn '18 or Tatum or Brown.  So are those the top assets?
This is much ado about nothing. Too many people are reading the wrong tea leaves.

Here is my interpretation.

Boston makes an offer: Crowder + LA 18 or Sac 19, Memphis pick and Zeller (potential of Rozier
Demetrius Jackson) -with Bradley as a chip to be offered later if things are on the fence.
Indiana likes this but wonders-can we get more?  Paul George thinks, "I might extend" but lets see if they get a free agent (Blake or Hayward)

Boston agrees to wait and try to get Hayward as the first domino.

Bulpett's  tweet is factual but misleading.  It doesn't mean that Boston is out of the running.
Indiana wants a bidding war. Which is why they don't want Boston talking to George-it decreases their leverage.

So all this is mere speculation.
Let's let the dominoes fall.
Boston will have the chance to increase offer or match others.
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2017, 03:27:32 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
According to Windhorst, Houston offering Eric Gordon for Paul George.
Eric Gordon who will be 29 this season and is signed for the next three seasons for a total of just over $40 million? lol. Not even if they add Capela to the deal.

« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2017, 03:37:40 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
According to Windhorst, Houston offering Eric Gordon for Paul George.
Eric Gordon who will be 29 this season and is signed for the next three seasons for a total of just over $40 million? lol. Not even if they add Capela to the deal.

if they don't want love why in the world would they want gordon?