Author Topic: [Bulpett] C's unwilling to give up "top draft assets" for George.  (Read 28156 times)

Re: [Bulpett] C's unwilling to give up "top draft assets" for George.
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2017, 12:38:02 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
According to Windhorst, Houston offering Eric Gordon for Paul George.

Good three-point shooter who doesn't do anything else for you.  Can't imagine he moves the needle unless Indy just loves him for some reason.  He IS from Indianapolis, but that doesn't make him a good player.

Yeah I think Crowder's a more valuable asset than him at this point.

Also, Houston has no appealing picks to offer.

« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2017, 12:38:59 PM »

Offline jade88

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20
Screw the draft, screw the future. Give me Paul George, dude is better than anything we have coming, just an incredible ball player. I'd give up Jaylen in a second to get it done.

« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2017, 12:40:30 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
According to Windhorst, Houston offering Eric Gordon for Paul George.

Good three-point shooter who doesn't do anything else for you.  Can't imagine he moves the needle unless Indy just loves him for some reason.  He IS from Indianapolis, but that doesn't make him a good player.

Yeah I think Crowder's a more valuable asset than him at this point.

Also, Houston has no appealing picks to offer.

I think Gordon is more valuable than Crowder, BUT if it really comes down between the two teams, Boston has better overall assets (picks) to make Indiana want to deal with us. But I agree, unless Indy LOVES Eric Gordon then I don't see them choosing that over us...

« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2017, 12:43:09 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Screw the draft, screw the future. Give me Paul George, dude is better than anything we have coming, just an incredible ball player. I'd give up Jaylen in a second to get it done.
Wow. I'm glad you're not running the team.

« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2017, 12:45:28 PM »

Offline jade88

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20

All i care about is stacking talent in our starting 5 that can create a high octane offense, while being versatile on defense. Thomas/Hayward/George/Horford with someone else in there, is worth more to me than Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum. I want to to win, it's not about attachment to draft picks.

« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2017, 12:51:16 PM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics

All i care about is stacking talent in our starting 5 that can create a high octane offense, while being versatile on defense. Thomas/Hayward/George/Horford with someone else in there, is worth more to me than Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum. I want to to win, it's not about attachment to draft picks.

I agree, but still you have George for 1 year. Is it worth of 1-year of octan offense? I wouldn't say so.

« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2017, 12:52:35 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

PG is very likely to leave a year from now. And based on your way of doing things, he'd be gone, along with our promising young wing and a potential high pick in a year where the top 3 or 4 in the draft are considered elite.

That's right out of the How to Run an NBA Team Into the Ground, New Jersey Nets Style playbook.

I can't even fathom what you're suggesting. PG isn't winning us a title, but Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum and the draft pick in question eventually might. We're not talking about trading for Kevin Durant with a 4 yr contract in hand.

« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2017, 12:59:16 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
PG is very likely to leave a year from now.

No he wouldn't be.

George has never once publicly stated anything about where he wants to play next year.  It's been reported (rumored) he wants to play in LA.  And it is probably true he wants to play in LA, but that doesn't mean LA is the only place he will consider playing.

On the other hand, George has in fact publicly stated his desire to win, his appreciation for the Celtics culture, his desire to play with Hayward, and even retweeted a Pierce tweet that Boston should trade for George.

There is every bit as much indication that he would be happy playing for a contender in Boston as there is anywhere else.

People really need to stop with this false narrative that George will only consider playing in LA and nowhere else. 

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2017, 01:05:06 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467

PG is very likely to leave a year from now. And based on your way of doing things, he'd be gone, along with our promising young wing and a potential high pick in a year where the top 3 or 4 in the draft are considered elite.

That's right out of the How to Run an NBA Team Into the Ground, New Jersey Nets Style playbook.

I can't even fathom what you're suggesting. PG isn't winning us a title, but Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum and the draft pick in question eventually might. We're not talking about trading for Kevin Durant with a 4 yr contract in hand.

I 100% agree.  These are the people who knock DA for holding on to his assets and not trading them for any big name that's available.  DA is playing the long game while keeping fans happy by competing now.  There is no way they drafted Tatum only to move him for a rental.  Outside of Anthony Davis you hold those picks and build a future super team.

« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2017, 01:05:25 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

No he wouldn't be.

George has never once publicly stated anything about where he wants to play next year.  It's been reported (rumored) he wants to play in LA.  And it is probably true he wants to play in LA, but that doesn't mean LA is the only place he will consider playing.

On the other hand, George has in fact publicly stated his desire to win, his appreciation for the Celtics culture, his desire to play with Hayward, and even retweeted a Pierce tweet that Boston should trade for George.

There is every bit as much indication that he would be happy playing for a contender in Boston as there is anywhere else.

People really need to stop with this false narrative that George will only consider playing in LA and nowhere else.
False? It's not like the Lakers are the only ones using that narrative. NBC Sports reported in the last day or two that PG talked to Klay Thompson about joining him in LA. And that's hardly the only source.

It would be foolish to spend a significant asset on a guy who has made his intentions so widely known.

« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2017, 01:07:25 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

No he wouldn't be.

False? It's not like the Lakers are the only ones using that narrative. NBC Sports reported in the last day or two that PG talked to Klay Thompson about joining him in LA. And that's hardly the only source.

It would be foolish to spend a significant asset on a guy who has made his intentions so widely known.

Then how exactly do you account for the reports out of Boston that the Celtics are increasingly confident George would resign?

Or do they not fit your narrative?
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2017, 01:09:25 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

No he wouldn't be.

TP. This same exact LA narrative comes out literally every single year with one star or another, yet people fall for it every single year.

Sure, there's no doubt he wants to play in LA in front of his family and friends. But he's not going to leave a superteam in Boston to go to a bottom five team in the league for four years running. And this is especially true after the Paul trade.

« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2017, 01:11:42 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

No he wouldn't be.

The reports have always been that he wants to be contending OR if not contending then be in LA. Ideally, he wants to be on a contending team IN LA, but that's not realistic anytime soon.

He's not leaving a probable Finals-bound Boston superteam next summer to go to what will most likely be a bottom-five team in the league again.

« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2017, 01:18:44 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
The reports have always been that he wants to be contending OR if not contending then be in LA. Ideally, he wants to be on a contending team IN LA, but that's not realistic anytime soon.
I've only seen the contending narrative creep in recently though -- is it actually legit?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2017, 01:21:10 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

No he wouldn't be.

Then how exactly do you account for the reports out of Boston that the Celtics are increasingly confident George would resign?

Or do they not fit your narrative?

Or the reports that George would consider re-signing with Cleveland, under the right circumstances.

There is plenty of evidence the very much suggests LA is not the only place George will consider playing.