Author Topic: [Bulpett] C's unwilling to give up "top draft assets" for George.  (Read 28160 times)

Re: [Bulpett] C's unwilling to give up "top draft assets" for George.
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2017, 10:01:56 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Better source Bulpett or Woj???

I rest my case..

For what Danny/the Cs are willing to give up? Bulpett 100%.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2017, 10:02:32 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I don't know what this means. They have so many "top" assets, and most certainly can afford to give up one of the top firsts. Not the Nets pick, but the Lakers pick would seem to be reasonable.

This makes no sense to me because a main incentive for trading George to the Celtics is they have young assets--including draft picks, as well as good inexpensive players like Crowder and Bradley.

I see George as a win-win situation. I don't think they can beat the Cavs next year without him. They can't sign two FAs. They have to make one trade for a star.

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2017, 10:03:11 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
https://mobile.twitter.com/stevebhoop/status/880052546089496576

Because of risk of him not signing. Apparently, Indiana unwilling to allow C's to negotiate? Guess they'd perfer Julius Randle...

Kinda knew this was coming... Ainge always gets us there... and then leaves the bedroom.

Call me crazy, I still give up Crowder, Bradley and LA pick for him and hope he resigns. Gotta start taking risks with these assets.

Leaving the bedroom ? Dude has you setup for gold. You're getting Hayward/George or Hayward/Griffin, it will be ok.

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2017, 10:03:59 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I don't know what this means. They have so many "top" assets, and most certainly can afford to give up one of the top firsts. Not the Nets pick, but the Lakers pick would seem to be reasonable.

This makes no sense to me because a main incentive for trading George to the Celtics is they have young assets--including draft picks, as well as good inexpensive players like Crowder and Bradley.

I see George as a win-win situation. I don't think they can beat the Cavs next year without him. They can't sign two FAs. They have to make one trade for a star.

No its not

What if the lakers pick is Ayton? Or the 2019 #3 pick

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2017, 10:08:31 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25634
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

No its not

What if the 2019 pick is #15? Or if we do get a top-5 pick who is never remotely close to George in terms of talent and production?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2017, 10:11:00 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156

No its not

If George agrees to an extension it is worth LAL18

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2017, 10:12:22 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

No its not

What if the 2019 pick is #15? Or if we do get a top-5 pick who is never remotely close to George in terms of talent and production?

Maybe but Ainge didnt risk trading the 2017 #1 for that

Whatever risk analysis they used...

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2017, 10:13:00 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406

No its not

agreed, if he signs an extension Danny needs to reach into that treasure trove a bit. It will be very disappointing if a couple draft picks end up crushing this deal.. especially when we have so many over the next few years.

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2017, 10:14:00 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

No its not

That's it.   He is worth that long term.   He is not worth it for a rental.   

The asset should not be given up for a single year window that may or may not be that wide open.

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2017, 10:14:03 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

No its not

Nobody knows...

I mean even if pg13 helps the Celts obtain another title then walks.. and its worth it

But Danny is...well...

Re: [Bulpett] C's unwilling to give up draft assets for George.
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2017, 10:17:25 AM »

Offline cousytoheinsohn

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
Good.

Damaged goods with bad attitude to boot, buyer beware.

This, times two.

Twitter won't let me in at the moment. It has better taste than that, evidently.

So, I'm assuming Bulpett also means assets obtained in the draft, such as Jaylen and Tatum.

Either, or both ways, don't do it.

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2017, 10:20:26 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

No its not

I'd like to think this is a negotiating ploy, but we've seen Ainge cry fire in the theater many, many times. I will believe he's not intent on building a team of teenagers when he actually makes a move to acquire a truly accomplished player.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2017, 10:22:02 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Damaged goods with bad attitude to boot, buyer beware.

You must be talking about yourself here, because that isn't an accurate description of Paul George.
I left this some place else, I'll leave it right here as well:

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2017/02/16/doyel-lets-talk-pacers-paul-george-problem/98018218/

But, by all means -- setting yourself up to be disappointed is your constitutional right.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2017, 10:25:03 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Just because we have the assets to blow the Lakers potential offer doesn't mean we should.  All we need to do is beat their offer not destroy it. Crowder and Bradley and non Nets and LA/Sac picks probably does it.

A game of poker has started.  Bulprett has Ainge's ear.

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2017, 10:25:11 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

No its not

I'd like to think this is a negotiating ploy, but we've seen Ainge cry fire in the theater many, many times. I will believe he's not intent on building a team of teenagers when he actually makes a move to acquire a truly accomplished player.

Because we just made the conference finals with a team of teenagers and no accomplished players acquired by Ainge.